What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Holmes would be the most chased player on the market next year. Roosters need a fullback. Titans would throw the keys to the city at him... I'm sure a few other teams would go in hard. Bird would likely be second or third most chased. I'd take Barba's 800 and split it between these two on top of their current deals. Ideally we keep both.

Wade while loyal will require yet another upgrade. Townsend will be chased hard and is on a cheap deal compared to Brooks, Moses etc. We have too many of our core off contract at once.

The only back from our starting team on Monday night not off contract next year is Maloney. The only forward not off contract this year or next is Fifita. Of the 17 players we had on Monday night the only ones signed beyond next season currently are Maloney, Leutele and Fifita. We need to start signing our guys.

I am guessing but i assume once Flanno has his deal completed, the players will start to resign with the club.

A lot of these players now have played for Flanno for years and have improved under him, so they may have been waiting to see what happened with Flanno

List of our players when off contract and age

Mitch Brown - 28
Jayson Bakuya - 27
Kurt Capewll - 22
Josh Cleeland - 24
Michael Ennis - 32 (club has option for 2017)
Jacob Gagan - 23
Paul Gallen - 34
Chris Heighington - 34
Luke Lewis - 32
Matt McIlwrick - 25
Anthony Moraitis - 20
Junior Roqica - 25
Sam Tagatese - 29

Ben Barba - 27
Gerard Beale - 25
Jack Bird - 21
Jayden Brailey - 19
Fa'amanu Brown - 21
Jordan Drew - 21
Sosaia Feki - 25
Wade Graham - 25
Joseph Paulo - 28
Matt Prior - 29
Jesse Sene-Lefao - 26
Chad Townsend - 25

Andrew Fifita - 26
Ricky Leutele - 26
James Maloney - 30

cb4

First Grade
Jai arrow is signed for another year at the Broncos and marked as the man to replace Parker. I can't see them letting him slip.

I'm starting to worry that bird, Holmes and graham are all off next year.

One of the Brisbane reporters seems to think he isn't signed.

And Parker is re-signing for 2 years, he wants first grade footy.

cb4

First Grade
Holmes would be the most chased player on the market next year. Roosters need a fullback. Titans would throw the keys to the city at him... I'm sure a few other teams would go in hard. Bird would likely be second or third most chased. I'd take Barba's 800 and split it between these two on top of their current deals. Ideally we keep both.

Wade while loyal will require yet another upgrade. Townsend will be chased hard and is on a cheap deal compared to Brooks, Moses etc. We have too many of our core off contract at once.

The only back from our starting team on Monday night not off contract next year is Maloney. The only forward not off contract this year or next is Fifita. Of the 17 players we had on Monday night the only ones signed beyond next season currently are Maloney, Leutele and Fifita. We need to start signing our guys.

Bolded contradicts itself as Leutele started.

Special K

Coach
List of our players when off contract and age

Mitch Brown - 28
Jayson Bakuya - 27
Kurt Capewll - 22
Josh Cleeland - 24
Michael Ennis - 32 (club has option for 2017)
Jacob Gagan - 23
Paul Gallen - 34
Chris Heighington - 34
Luke Lewis - 32
Matt McIlwrick - 25
Anthony Moraitis - 20
Junior Roqica - 25
Sam Tagatese - 29

Ben Barba - 27
Gerard Beale - 25
Jack Bird - 21
Jayden Brailey - 19
Fa'amanu Brown - 21
Jordan Drew - 21
Sosaia Feki - 25
Wade Graham - 25
Joseph Paulo - 28
Matt Prior - 29
Jesse Sene-Lefao - 26
Chad Townsend - 25

Andrew Fifita - 26
Ricky Leutele - 26
James Maloney - 30

Going off current rumours

Ennis 2017
Taga 2018
Bukuya 2018

I believe Gallen(2017) will do 1 more year. He loves money and footy too much to give it up now. Especially if we go close this year. I'd like to keep Lewis for 2 more years(2018) on a reduced deal to help bridge the gap post Gallen.

The rest of the 2016 class can go/be filled easily. The 2017 class is a massive concern. we have the potential to set our club up for 4-5 years with our core if we can keep them. Barba has to be the one who goes imo.

Special K

Coach
One of the Brisbane reporters seems to think he isn't signed.

And Parker is re-signing for 2 years, he wants first grade footy.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/10/04/arrow_on_target.html
IT was a short conversation that?s propelled Jai Arrow towards a first-grade future.

Arrow will start at lock for the Brisbane Broncos in tomorrow?s National Youth Competition Grand Final against the New Zealand Warriors.

The Burleigh Bears? product has starred for the Broncos this year and at 19 is still eligible to play in the under-20s competition next season. But he could be looking at an NRL debut in the near future.

The Broncos recently re-signed Arrow until the end of 2017 in a massive show of faith and new Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, one of the most respected figures in the game, has conveyed to Arrow he?s been happy with his progress.

?I?ve spoken to him and he said he was happy with the way I?ve been going,? Arrow said.

?He came up to me and said ?you went well on the weekend. Keep it going and see how far you can go?. It was cool to have him say that.

?I was stoked for a person with his knowledge to say that.

?I just need to work hard and have a real crack.

?I?ve got a pretty good opportunity at the moment.?

Arrow captained Keebra Park in 2012 on his way to making the Australian Schoolboys team.

He?ll be joined by Runaway Bay product Jayden Berrell in Sunday?s decider and is well on his way to achieving his NRL dream.

The Broncos signed Arrow from under the Titans? nose on a $1000 contract when he was 15 and a premiership on Sunday would be a great reward for his hard work.

?I?m happy here. All the boys have really dug deep and we?re working for each other,? he said.

?It?s a pretty good feeling to be in a grand final.

?I was stoked on the weekend when we made it.?

Arrow?s former coach at Keebra, Greg Lenton, believes it?s only a matter of time before he cracks the top grade. ?I don?t have any doubt that he?ll go on and play NRL,? he said.

?He?s a kid that does a huge amount of work.

?A couple of people said to me that he was one of the toughest players in the under-20s competition this year.

?He?s very physical and has a huge engine. He was a good leader who people would follow.

?He?s a really hard trainer who pushed himself and went the extra mile.?

The NYC grand final will kick off at 1.50pm NSW time (12.50pm Qld time).

taipan

Referee
I'm a bit concerned watching that merk show the Back Page last night .They had Tim Horan on.He noted that Chieka the Wallaby coach is interested in more rl players,and noted the NRL clubs should watch out as Val Holmes will be off contract ,and would make a good fullback for the Reds.

WE should push for Holmes at all costs.From a future marketing perspective ,star perspective he has no peers at the club ATM.

A mate of mine hardly a league fanatic ,absolutely creamed himself watching Holmes score that beauty on Monday night.A touch of ET from the past.:sarcasm:

MilkShark

First Grade
Heres hoping the players we have off contract that we would like to retain, are playing so well because they are a part of the same team as each other. Sure another team may be able to offer you more but will you win games?

1 superstar player doesn't equal wins.

TRIALS

Juniors
We need a f**king prop desperately. Up front, we're one injury away from a disaster. Has JSL been doing anything at Newtown? Is that Harrison Muller kid any good?

bluefox1968

Juniors
Was it John Lang that said: "I start with twice as many props as I think I'll need, and then get another one for good measure!"...?

Pretty sure that was when he was coaching us (and his son was a prop)...

Interesting that the signing rumours have been so far Second rowers and wingers.

The backrowers I can understand because we might be moving one or two on.

But the Wingers is strange.

Is Feki leaving?

Latest posts