What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

MilkShark

First Grade
Saying the Dragons have money is like someone owning a Ferrari but can't afford to buy a house so they rent.

Special K

Coach
If bird makes origin he is a chance to make the kangaroo tour at the end of the year as they keep talking about new blood before the World Cup. I don't think bird is playing that well but he has a media hype train behind him. I can't see him walking away from a successful situation at a club at the top of the ladder. He gets plenty of ball, is being showcased at multiple positions. Gallen and Lewis will likely be gone by the time he is off contract, we would be building around graham, fifita, bird and Val. Just my opinion though.

If we lost Val though I'd be heart broken. Bird I could get over but obviously would prefer him to stay

Last edited:
Danny Wicks could do role D.Fifita has been doing has some baggage but see if can get release from Eels and sign him till end of 2017

chewsta

First Grade
FMD, After all the drug drama that we have been through do you really think the club would consider Wicks??

The Panthers must be pushing the cap now with Tamou going there, they are going to ahve to release someone for 2017.

If we can get Peach back move Gall to front row for final season that will help

Inferno

Coach
The Panthers must be pushing the cap now with Tamou going there, they are going to ahve to release someone for 2017.

If we can get Peach back move Gall to front row for final season that will help

Perhaps not if Sowie and Segyaro are on the way out.

That said they have some pretty good young backs on the books, definitely worth keeping any eye on.

southland

Juniors
The whispers about Jai Arrow are exciting. Would be difficult to grab him from Broncos. I'd be saying to him next year you could be playing first grade swapping a bench spot for Gallen. Not that old Gal would agree to taking on a red hot understudy and sharing the load with him. Way too functional and dignified....

Plastered

Juniors
Lurker stuffs - http://www.nospam47.com/league/list/nrl-leaks-luke-lewis-finds-a-home-for-2017-cronulla-sharks-origin/17z7yo21ztfob16umsahxdzbbv

Broncos forward Matt Gillett may be a decent footballer, but he has a long way to go when it comes to manners and respect.

Off-contract, Gillett lured the Cronulla Sharks into believing he was interested in moving to Sydney, to the point where leading Cronulla Sharks officials paid for return airfares and accommodation in Brisbane to meet with him.

Allowing Gillett at least a month to deliberate over the huge offer, the Sharks heard nothing back from the Test backrower.

Not a word.

Fed up with being left to wait for a response, the Sharks board angrily pulled the offer, vowing never to entertain signing the forward ever again.

and

Still at the Sharks, Luke Lewis is set to continue his career in the NRL next season with Cronulla - on a drastically reduced offer.

The Sharks are in negotiations with the off-contract former Test forward to continue playing for the 2017 season.

Having signed a four year deal with the Sharks worth close to a half million dollars a season back in 2013, Lewis' final contract is likely to be worth closer to $150,000 in 2017.

Latest posts