What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
Wouldn't be too sure...

Also heard that Mike Eden and the Albury Thunder have launched an audacious last second bid for him. The promise of not ever having to worry about paying for his pie and coke after training again is a real selling point for them

Jono Russell

Bench
So 830k per season. That is well below the 1.1million - 1.3million offers that have been reportedly thrown at DCE. I doubt he would take a 300 - 500k pay cut to move here.

Feej

First Grade
Also heard that Mike Eden and the Albury Thunder have launched an audacious last second bid for him. The promise of not ever having to worry about paying for his pie and coke after training again is a real selling point for them

I'm sure there's truth in that one too! :)

dreary

Juniors
Maybe we are finally playing in the big boys pool and that is what his registered contract will be listed at ... however his missus (who just happened to be at the Job interview with him) is going to have a 300k job as Office Admin Officer with the club. And an unknown unaffiliated building company will supply a house and land package to be the face of the Wanda development etc... etc...

ek999

First Grade
Maybe those numbers don't include 3rd party deals?

You would have to think there would need to be third party deals on top of that - have the penthouses been sold in the development yet?

Still meeting with another club tomorrow. Orange CYMS, Albury Thunder, Roosters - who knows?

Cronulla Sharks chairman Damian Keogh has confirmed the NRL club is in talks with Manly half-back Daly Cherry-Evans.

Cherry-Evans, who visited the Sharks for a three-hour meeting on Monday, has long been linked with a move away from the Sea Eagles when his contract expires at season's end, with a move to the Gold Coast Titans seemingly in the offing until the recent drugs crisis engulfed the Robina club.

The half-back visited the Titans with his wife Vessa as recently as last week amid reports the Titans were offering a $3 million, three-year deal to lure the Queensland and Australia representative.

But with the Titans in crisis, the Sharks have looked to move into the driving seat for Cherry-Evans's signature.

"We'd love to have him here but obviously a lot of other clubs would love to have him as well [and] Manly would love to keep him," Keogh told Fox Sports.

Cherry-Evans's representative Gavin Orr said his client had come to the Sharks to assess the club's proposal, noting close friend Ben Barba could be a deciding factor in moving to the Shire.

Orr says he and Cherry-Evans will be meeting one more unnamed club on Tuesday.

"We've come down to have a look around at the club and see what his thoughts are, they put a good proposal to us and it's up to Daly to make a decision," Orr told the media.

"He's been impressed by the way Shane [Flanagan has] handled things and the way the club's handled things.

"Hopefully [we will have a decision] by the end of the week."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-...ry-evans-contract-talks/6225746?section=sport

Feej

First Grade
You would have to think there would need to be third party deals on top of that - have the penthouses been sold in the development yet?

Still meeting with another club tomorrow. Orange CYMS, Albury Thunder, Roosters - who knows?

Orange CYMS are what the insiders that know are saying. :D

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-land-manly-star/story-fnp0lyn3-1227235701809

THE Cronulla Sharks have launched a $2.5million bid for Manly superstar Daly Cherry-Evans as speculation mounted his interest in the scandal-ridden Titans had fallen over.

Fox Sports News this afternoon captured exclusive footage of the Test and Origin star entering Sharks Leagues Club, just a week after he was seen on the Gold Coast.

The Daily Telegraph spoke to chairman Damian Keogh as he left the meeting.

?I?m not sure how it?s going to pan out because he?s probably favourite to stay at Manly,?? Keogh said.

?But we?ve had a chat today, we?ve shown him around and I reckon we?re now second favourites.??

Fox Sports News reporter Steve Hart will reveal the footage on news bulletin later this afternoon.

Cherry-Evans is a great friend of Sharks five-eighth Ben Barba and the coach Shane Flanagan believes his signature would give the club a roster capable of winning the premiership.

Cherry-Evans trained with Manly this morning (Monday) before leaving to drive to the Shire for the Sharks meeting.

After the meeting, Keogh took Cherry-Evans and his wife Vessa to lunch at Cronulla waterfront restaurant Sealevel, before giving them a short tour of the Shire.

If we got him for the quoted 2.5 mill over 3 years I think that would be a bargain!
I can't click on the link, does it actually say over three years? Because what you have quoted doesn't say the years.
Could be over 2 years....

webShark

Better confirming interest in gun players like Taulamolo and DCE than duffers like
Kris Keating. Seems the club acknowledge what is needed to win a premiership at last. The tide is turning. Just stay away from the old coke for God's sake.

All those who thought Bird was harshly treated by the Sharks you were wrong.

dreary

Juniors
Fair point was an arse-umption on my behalf but that said all talk has been a three year or more contract and I can't think of a player of his age to sign anything less than 3 years.

Card Shark

Immortal
Never felt comfortable with Bird,my view appears to be reinforced.

Heard Graham Annesley on the Big Sports Breakfast offer a no-comment (sounded like a "yes") when quizzed was bird on his last chance at the Titans (before this scandal).

He's obviously done more than we have heard about previously. Stupid bugger, I like him but he's a f**kwit when it's all said & done.

drago brelli

Bench
Johnny Gibbs on 2UE is of the opinion that DCE will sign with Cronulla next week. If he does I think Cronulla will finally win a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.