What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webShark

The DCE circus is a ploy to put your halfback on notice. Mary is screaming for him as is Sticky. But the next stop is probably Parramatta and Sandow can get back on the Pokies. They will give him a tour of Harris Park.

If DCE goes to Parra, then go after Sandow at less than half the price.

cb4

First Grade
Manlys season launch is on Friday, so there will probably not be an announcement until that is over.
Everything will be ironed out by tomorrow and infront of Orr and DCE.

Im told that Manly have secured Foran meaning they will let Cherry walk.

Sharknado

Juniors

Avenger

Immortal
DCE has said that he finds the Sharks a more attractive club than Manly. The fact that we have so many young guns, and now a rather young squad he feels he has the assets around him to continue his growth and development as a player and for the players around him.

The opportunity to play with Barba, Holmes and Graham are the driving forces behind our chance at him, and the fact he has taken in what the board had to say about the longevity of the club and the way Flanno will run the team around him.

However, despite his glaring issues with Manly, he has loyalty to them. Although I said Manly have given up on him, they still hold hope he will take their final offer. His concern over the Eagles is their aging roster.

Financially, we have been the front runner all along, and our offer plus third party was just greater than the Titans. I am told that he was originally wanting to go to the Gold Coast so he didn't cop the crap from jumping ship to a Sydney team, but I am told that they made a horrible pitch to him.
They spent more time convincing his wife how glamorous the GC was and how much opportunity there was for the family that they forgot to talk football and prospects, which have now sadly gone in the hands of the NRL.

The opportunity for DCE at the Sharks is huge. The corporate opportunity and marketing of the new development would be endless, as well as up coming sponsors, membership campaigns ect ect, plus a lot of Shire businesses are putting their hand up to help out providing they get a kick back.
Wear a hat here, wear a shirt their ect ect.

Plus, the opportunity to be the first halfback leading the Sharks to a premiership is on his mind, and doing it with his best mate is the attraction.
No one is fooling themselves here, if he signs, we are a premiership shot.

I have been told that the only hick up at the moment is the T&C's on a few third party agreements before he will put pen to paper, but in the mean time he has gone back to Manly and kept them in the loop.

My main mail feeling is he will be a Shark, but it won't be a decision he has made easily.

Do you think he will move to the Sutherland Shire? I heard that Highland Property Group are one of the third party sponsors.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
is there a possibly that dave smith now exercises his "exceptional powers" to ensure DCE represents the club they own?

Click2000

Juniors
That is f@cking bullsh*t the NRL steps in to basically make the Gold Coast a force financially - they have the entire Gold Coast on their own and still mess it up and in return come out smelling of roses!!!

If DCE goes up there I will be furious because you know damn well that the NRL has had everything to do with it !!!!!!

Where the hell was the NRL when we struggled for years ?? Left us to run without a CEO which in turn allowed the ASADA crap to happen!!! F@cking can't stand Dave Smith or the NRL they couldn't give 2 sh*ts about the real fans !!!!

Avenger

Immortal
They had their chance. You guys are going nowhere. I mean in a geographical sense. I would however contemplate changing your name to the Cockroaches. Nothing can kill Cronulla.

Good luck this year.

Avenger

Immortal
who the f**k knows

Plenty of players from other teams live here

Great place to live but they need to do something with Northies and the general area around Dunningham Park. It's very 90's there. The mall also needs to be redone.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
That is f@cking bullsh*t the NRL steps in to basically make the Gold Coast a force financially - they have the entire Gold Coast on their own and still mess it up and in return come out smelling of roses!!!

If DCE goes up there I will be furious because you know damn well that the NRL has had everything to do with it !!!!!!

Where the hell was the NRL when we struggled for years ?? Left us to run without a CEO which in turn allowed the ASADA crap to happen!!! F@cking can't stand Dave Smith or the NRL they couldn't give 2 sh*ts about the real fans !!!!

i'm not the only one thinking this today;

http://audioboom.com/boos/2927144-dobbo-our-nrl-insider-on-dce-latest-and-broncos-drug-rumors

Click2000

Juniors
You watch he'll go to the Gold Coast now - the NRL will have some sort of side deal to help prop that shi*t team up !!!

I swear if the NRL has something to do with his decision to joint the Titans then f*ck the NRL!!!

SharkShocked

Bench
Yeah... I'd like to know how you guys think they will have that money available in the next 24-48hrs?

Nothing is going to happen positive for the Titans until all of that shit blows over.

Its Manly or Sharks.

Frailty

First Grade

The $4 Million "War Chest" is simply the fact that they have shit all players on the books for next year. Apparently they have $3.5 Million left for the 2016 salary cap... And that's not including any money if Bird and Taylor get sacked.

The NRL will ensure they can field a team up to the Salary Cap, I'd be surprised if they were involved in securing third party deals.

lion-king-lifes-not-fair-copy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.