What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 25 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

JJ

Immortal
Poor Tigers, Eels demolishing the Broncos early
Broncos and Manly towelled by bottom feeders, almost enough to make me ponder the existence of a higher power

I get you dislike Eels, not sure why tbh but then you like Manly, so wtf…. But anything other than the Tigpies with the spoon would be an injustice, while several other teams have been awful (including 3/4 playing tonight) all at least can play occasionally, the Tigpies are still just a joke

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Broncos and Manly towelled by bottom feeders, almost enough to make me ponder the existence of a higher power

I get you dislike Eels, not sure why tbh but then you like Manly, so wtf…. But anything other than the Tigpies with the spoon would be an injustice, while several other teams have been awful (including 3/4 playing tonight) all at least can play occasionally, the Tigpies are still just a joke
I don’t think they have been a joke considering all factors, sure they’ve put in plenty of stinkers, but they have also been the most binned team this year (ironic given last night), they’ve been pretty hard hit with injuries in a squad already lacking firepower, and have handed out debuts to 11 players this season, and some of them look very good. It isn’t all dire for them moving forward

Souths and Eels littered with experience and Origin calibre players have had worse seasons for me

Blair

Coach
The Eels are imploding.

24-18, Brisbane. Thirteeen mins left but who can see Parra getting back into it after that last debacle with Reynolds one-on-one stripping on the first (or second) and scoring?

...try confirmed, grandstand finish! 30-24, Broncos...final.

The bastards are still alive.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Bench

Manly vs Eels is a massive rivalry since the 70s. He cant be a Manly supporter without buying into that. I wish the Warriors had a rivalry against a more evenly talented team than the Storm....why did we pick them? lol

Big Marn

Bench
The Eels are imploding.

24-18, Brisbane. Thirteeen mins left but who can see Parra getting back into it after that last debacle with Reynolds one-on-one stripping on the first (or second) and scoring?

...try confirmed, grandstand finish! 30-24, Broncos...final.

The bastards are still alive.
Eels stats dont lie. They have been terrible in the second half most games this season. A bit like us really.

Big Marn

Bench

yeh, i disagree with this take on the Tigers as well. They are wildly inconsistent but catch them on a good day they can live with anyone bar Penrith. They were going blow for blow with the Storm in a game this year till the bunker f**ked them. Smashed the Sharks. A joke team wouldnt be able to do that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Eels stats dont lie. They have been terrible in the second half most games this season. A bit like us really.
I don’t think we’ve been an especially bad second half side, especially when you consider in a lot of games we’ve been finishing with 1-2 man benches. Our problem is as much that we’ve let teams get starts on us (often due to reshuffling leading our backline to play like strangers in the firsts quarters)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Eels and Trent doing Eels and Trent things

Selwyn Cobbo shows some huge double standards in the game. If certain players in Sydney fart the wrong direction they are hammered in the media and looked at for investigation. Selwyn gets arrested for domestic violence and it is barely mentioned and he returns very low key

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly vs Eels is a massive rivalry since the 70s. He cant be a Manly supporter without buying into that. I wish the Warriors had a rivalry against a more evenly talented team than the Storm....why did we pick them? lol
Never used to mind them too much tbh, but especially in recent years the amount of whinging the Queen and Moses do during a game considering how many games they’ve won on bad calls completely turned me off them

Latest posts