What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Shark

Immortal
I would give Barba a 6 - 7 week shot at fullback and Val on the wing. the rest we can make up.

He was literally the most exciting player in the NRL there only 3 years ago, just give him the number 1 spot and say 'show us what you can do' .... I still think he can be brilliant.

By playing him out of position or bringing him on as a sub is pointless - we paid for it - give the f&cker some time at full back and if it doesn't work we have Hlomes....

Otherwise f*ck him off.

Worth a try 2000.

Holmes has been great on the wing & his time will come.

We need to give Barba the best chance to succeed or it's wasted $.

He hasn't shown much except the Newcastle game but I think he still has something to offer.

RUBIKS

Juniors
So one of the papers is talking about the Roosters maybe letting Toupu go. I wouldn't mind having a nibble to see if he'd be interested.

Also, the Bronco's are open to offers in letting Ash Taylor go. He was impressive in the Junior Roos and lightning quick. I'd love to see the Sharks go after him.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
No offence but I don't think Topou would add anything to our side. I am more than happy with our depth in the wing department.

As for Ash Taylor he is a gun. I don't know what the halfbacks are drinking up there but they just keep rolling them out. Jackson Hastings would be my first pick but I wouldn't be disappointed if we landed Ash. I have a feeling Manly will go hard for him

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Tupou is tall....that's pretty much it.

And in other news, Isaac Luke signs with the Warriors for next season and beyond.

Lol and the roosters thought they were getting AJ!

It's either freeing up cash for him or Sammy boy. Good call by the bunnies to set him free. He is a huge loss don't get me wrong but the fact they could potentially keep 2 of their gun juniors in AJ and McInnes tells me that it was a smart business decision

Madsharkie

First Grade
Is that confirmed?

Rumour 1 day, confirmed the next.

3 years. Massive signing on the back of already landing RTS. They will have close to the best 1, 7 and 9 in the comp, plus a heap of huge, fast fuggers as well. They should be a force over teg next few years.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
3 years. Massive signing on the back of already landing RTS. They will have close to the best 1, 7 and 9 in the comp, plus a heap of huge, fast fuggers as well. They should be a force over teg next few years.

Throw in Hoffman and mannering and they have a recipe for success. If(or when) Chad leaves 5/8 will still be their main issue.

RUBIKS

Juniors
No offence but I don't think Topou would add anything to our side. I am more than happy with our depth in the wing department.

As for Ash Taylor he is a gun. I don't know what the halfbacks are drinking up there but they just keep rolling them out. Jackson Hastings would be my first pick but I wouldn't be disappointed if we landed Ash. I have a feeling Manly will go hard for him

None taken.

I agree, however long term, I see Val wearing the one and Gagan being a centre. I don't see anything wrong with a nice tall bomb defuser on one of the flanks.

I do think Ash is better than Hastings and I'd be worried about Hastings attitude rubbing off on our other younger guys. However I'd be happy with someone like hastings over Hodgkinson

Weaponhead

Coach
As an Origin player Tupou will want rep money. We need to invest in different areas. Smart from Roosters to let him go. Easy enough to replace if they keep their key players.

Special K

Coach
Wing is no longer a major issue for us. Feki and Gagan are NRL quality, plus we have Holmes if we are stuck with Barba. Who knows if we keen Gordon(I hope not)... A class centre would be great but again we have a number of 6/7 out of 10 guys. Unless we punt Beale or Leutele its hard to fit one in our top 25 when we have zero half depth, no other prop besides fifita with a rapidly ageing backrow.

Wing is no longer a major issue for us. Feki and Gagan are NRL quality, plus we have Holmes if we are stuck with Barba. Who knows if we keen Gordon(I hope not)... A class centre would be great but again we have a number of 6/7 out of 10 guys. Unless we punt Beale or Leutele its hard to fit one in our top 25 when we have zero half depth, no other prop besides fifita with a rapidly ageing backrow.

Add Dallas Wells as well outside back in Jets teams but plays all positions.

I am more concerned in ensuring we wrap up Bird for the future

snoozer

Bench
the fek is not that good apparently.

according to some on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts