What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
When was the last time we signed a player around this time of year? Luke Lewis? I doubt we land anyone until towards the end of the season when players have ran out of options.

Just sayin'

tim smith

NRL+Rd+19+Sharks+v+Sea+Eagles+Hs5YoCWsP8fl.jpg

RUBIKS

Juniors
Seriously....

If you could go back in time and tell yourself and Sharks fans in general that the club will sign:

Anthony Toupu
Trent Barrett
Tim Smith
Todd Carney
Chris Heighington
Luke Lewis
Michael Gordon
Ben Barba

They wouldn't believe you.

If you went back and told them we signed all those players and still end up with a duck egg... That might sway them.

Any inner tube info on the rumours floating around about Hastings and Simona coming over to the good guys?
Theres a bloke on the other forum that says we may even sign a forward very soon. (before the Warriors game actually).

CB4, anything mate?

Would be great if we could land Hastings & Simona

SharkShocked

Bench
Won't get Simona, echoes the exact same situation for his prior contract.

Will use the sharks as a threat to leaving and ensure that he gets what he wants out of the Tigpies.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Any inner tube info on the rumours floating around about Hastings and Simona coming over to the good guys?
Theres a bloke on the other forum that says we may even sign a forward very soon. (before the Warriors game actually).

CB4, anything mate?

Other forum??? You mean there's more desperate f**kkwits than just us out there?

chewsta

First Grade
Crazy isn't it 2012! I dont know if i am able to post the link but you can find them all on Sharksforever if you have a google.

Nifty

Juniors
Would be great if we could land Hastings & Simona

Word is going around Hastings wants to go to Cronulla over Penrith as he wants to team up with his mate Bird and its a lot closer to home as strong rumors Roosters will re sign Maloney

Last edited:

webShark

Word is going around Hastings wants to go to Cronulla over Penrith as he wants to team up with his mate Bird and its a lot closer to home as strong rumors Roosters will re sign Maloney

Would be good getting Hastings. But do we live in a world where Flanno would pair two kids in the halves? I think not.

ghoti

Bench
Would be good getting Hastings. But do we live in a world where Flanno would pair two kids in the halves? I think not.

Well, he's running out in the 1 for the Junior Kangaroos. With a bit of luck, we'll re-sign Gordon and Robbo and have a four-way rotational fullback, with Barba and Hastings coming off the bench to sub Gordon and Holmes. No other side would do that...this is why Flanno is the innovator.

Nifty

Juniors
Well, he's running out in the 1 for the Junior Kangaroos. With a bit of luck, we'll re-sign Gordon and Robbo and have a four-way rotational fullback, with Barba and Hastings coming off the bench to sub Gordon and Holmes. No other side would do that...this is why Flanno is the innovator.

Looks like Someone wanted him in the team to play somewhere. You don't put Holmes on the wing who has been playing well at fullback in the NRL and then throw Hastings in there out of the blue. He wouldn't even come close to playing fullback in his 20s team as Mitchell and Taylor would have him well beaten. His best position is 7 but I think would team up well with Bird, but depends what Flanno wants :x

Last edited:

Click2000

Juniors
I would give Barba a 6 - 7 week shot at fullback and Val on the wing. the rest we can make up.

He was literally the most exciting player in the NRL there only 3 years ago, just give him the number 1 spot and say 'show us what you can do' .... I still think he can be brilliant.

By playing him out of position or bringing him on as a sub is pointless - we paid for it - give the f&cker some time at full back and if it doesn't work we have Hlomes....

Otherwise f*ck him off.

Surely

Post Whore
I would give Barba a 6 - 7 week shot at fullback and Val on the wing. the rest we can make up.

He was literally the most exciting player in the NRL there only 3 years ago, just give him the number 1 spot and say 'show us what you can do' .... I still think he can be brilliant.

By playing him out of position or bringing him on as a sub is pointless - we paid for it - give the f&cker some time at full back and if it doesn't work we have Hlomes....

Otherwise f*ck him off.

He's never going to recapture that form of three years ago, even in cameos he should have shown something.

The barba experiment is over.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Looks like Someone wanted him in the team to play somewhere. You don't put Holmes on the wing who has been playing well at fullback in the NRL and then throw Hastings in there out of the blue. He wouldn't even come close to playing fullback in his 20s team as Mitchell and Taylor would have him well beaten. His best position is 7 but I think would team up well with Bird, but depends what Flanno wants :x

Mitchell and Taylor. The blokes who didn't make the junior roos behind Hastings?

They'd be in front of him at the Sharks?

Anyway, you must be a bit of a shit bloke to be a standout wanker at Easts. The shittest bloke going.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Tigers shopping Tim Simona around, he would be a good signing in that we are trying to offload Ayshford to go overseas, and with Gordon now likely to leave, Simona would be another asset to our backline

Swing and a miss it seems.

Lawrence might be available if you play your cards right though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts