What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think they wil pick Tedesco for game 3. Moylan can play the utility role this year with him looking at the halves next year if he is in good form. Tedesco is ready now and the better FB so there is no point holding him back.

They also need to get Cartwright, Paulo, James,Roberts, Peats and Graham in there with Frizzell, J.Bird, Klemmer, etc

Tamou can go and has Fifita ever done anything in origin? He is up there with Tamou.

He's managed the world record for the consistently slowest play the ball.

betcats

Referee
If they want Tedesco so badly they should drop Moylan altogether. He's not a utility. Let him play for his club.

However, I don't think Moylan will be dropped. I don't think anyone will be dropped in fact, Daley will stick to his guns. They'll be looking for a half if Reynolds is crook, that's all.

Daley said last night they are looking at debuting a few more for game 3 so someone will be dropped in all likelihood. Even Daley must see how pointless it would be to stick with the same team.

Whatever they do with Moylan I really think Tedesco will be the FB game 3 barring and injury.

dubbo teacher

Juniors
Funny, Laurie was one the very best Blues player and Captain in past 3 decades but as a coach is everything he wasn't as a player. Remember Frizell only got selected because Cordner and Wade Graham were unavailable; likewise Jack Bird - only there through injury. Like Gus said the selfish leadership group (Gallen/Farah) are a handbrake on NSW progress hence no NSW halves have ever sustained any success. Can anyone imagine Cameron Smith giving the ball to Matt Scott/Myles/Thaiday late in the tackle count and allowing them to die with the ball while Thurston or Crook are screaming for it???
Can anyone imagine those blokes actually expecting to be given priority over JT/Cronk? They would only ever run onto it as decoys. They know their place in the Queensland team unlike Gal who has stats and a media/boxing career to set himself up for.
The thing that I can't understand is how an ex-champion footballer like Daley actually persists with Gallen/Farah...???

Jason Maher

Immortal
Dude plays 1 game in 9 months after major injury.

Selected for Origin.

Yeah, that's a NSW thing to do.

The dude is an experienced Origin player, is fast as lightning, knows how to score tries, and as CC said, ran roughshod over the donkeys in his first game back. He would have been in the team from game 1 if not injured. Get rid of Ferguson.

Lozza needs to pick a team for Game 3 that can win the series next year. Depending on whether the gun second rower Boyd Cordner is fit or not, this would be the team:

James Tedesco

Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Josh Dugan, James Roberts,

James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce

Tyrone Peachey,
Bryce Cartwright, Boyd Cordner/Wade Graham
Andrew Fifita, Nathan Peats, Ryan James

Interchange: Wade Graham/Tyson Frizell, David Klemmer, Kane Evans. Jack Bird

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
The dude is an experienced Origin player, is fast as lightning, knows how to score tries, and as CC said, ran roughshod over the donkeys in his first game back. He would have been in the team from game 1 if not injured. Get rid of Ferguson.

yes, if not injured, he would've been a certain selection.

but he was injured, not for a week, or two, but half a season.

the calls for getting him in seem more about removing ferguson.

TheFrog

Coach
yes, if not injured, he would've been a certain selection.

but he was injured, not for a week, or two, but half a season.

the calls for getting him in seem more about removing ferguson.

They brought in Andrew Johns under similar circumstances in 2005and it worked a treat.

But BMoz is not Andrew Johns.

That same guy carved up the Broncos in his 1st game in 9 months too

With all due respect, the blunt side of a bread and butter knife could have carved up the Broncos the other night. Morris was the beneficiary of the monstering his forward pack inflicted on the Donkeys.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Brett Morris is experienced enough and good enough to know if he is upto it fitness wise, id leave it upto him tbh.

big hit!

Bench
Brett Morris is experienced enough and good enough to know if he is upto it fitness wise, id leave it upto him tbh.

"To be honest I don't think you can sit nine months out then come into an arena like that," Morris said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...igin-impact-on-nrl-teams-20160626-gps8xo.html

whether he's in or out doesn't make a difference to be honest. i just see no point in rushing him in for this game. more important to focus on giving some new forwards such as Graham, Cartwright, James and any other players on the cusp a taste of origin here at home before having to play Game 1 at Lang Park next series.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Fair enough if that's what he thinks, id still wait till the week the team is picked to and would ask him privately what he thinks. If he steels feel that way then don't pick him obviously.

Clifferd

Coach
Honestly don't get this blood in to origin business and needing experience etc. Same game, same rules, same amount of players etc. Just pick 17 for your state who are the best at their each individual position

They all train in the same squad 9 days or so prior to work on combos and what not, and I'm sure 10 mins Ito the game they'll figure out the intensity of origin themselves

U16s, U18s, U20s would go through this every year

Honestly don't get this blood in to origin business and needing experience etc. Same game, same rules, same amount of players etc. Just pick 17 for your state who are the best at their each individual position

They all train in the same squad 9 days or so prior to work on combos and what not, and I'm sure 10 mins Ito the game they'll figure out the intensity of origin themselves

U16s, U18s, U20s would go through this every year

Except the intensity is something that you would almost never get in a club game.

I'd blood in a bunch of new guys and say have a go, it doesn't matter if we win of loss, just try your best and enjoy it.

ram raid

Bench
Tedesco hasn't played origin yet. See how he goes on his debut among a team full of misfits. It's no given that a great club player is going to shine at origin. Although, I'm 80% sure he will.