What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wa Reds - Logo & Membership

dimitri

First Grade
THE NEW WA REDS

WANT YOU AS A FOUNDATION MEMBER!

MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW ON SALE @ www.warugbyleague.com.au
Memberships include:
  • Individual Packages
  • Family Packages (2 adults & 2 children
  • Associate Membership (people living 200km outside the Perth metro area)
As you may have heard our new team name has a name, the WA Reds!
In the first year we will refer to our team as the "New Reds" as they take up where the original Reds left off, in the business of being a prime mover on the National Rugby League Stage.

As you may have seen in the press and on the radio, we are now well and truly in progress mode and we will continue to keep you up to date as things happen.

We are in final negotiations with a major team sponsor ad also with a second major sponsor but it is memberships that are the real key to our future.

An inaugural Reds Squad will come togeather this season to test players and to build synergies and will play as the WA Representative side at the Nationals and as part of the Affiliated States side in a quad series including a NZ team, QLD Rangers and NSW Country later in the year.

We at the WARL are very excited about the future and look forward to sharing a high level of sucesss and enjoyment with our members and supporters.

For our team to be a success we need all the memberships we can get, your support is the foundation of our new team!

All membership details can be found on our website - www.warugbyleague.com.au

Any questions please email - wareds@iinet.net.au or please call the office (08) 9228 9275
Lucy Keating
The New WA Reds

wareds@iinet.net.au

Members Equity Stadium
310 Pier Street
Perth WA 6000

Postal Address
PO Box 8650
Perth BC WA 6849

Phone: (08) 9228 9575
Fax: (08) 9228 9215

www.warugbyleague.com.au

innsaneink

Referee
It was sent thru email.

waredsgn1.jpg
waredsgn1.jpg
waredsgn1.jpg

dimitri

First Grade
sorry this was an email that was sent to all people who have showed interest in membership, but have not purchased one yet.

I would like to purchase an associate membership but I can't see that on the website yet!

In the email was also the new logo but I cant seem to be able to post it

Knightmare

Coach
Like I said, same as the old Western Reds logo, except the yellow is gone, as is the sun in the background and the Kangaroo now looks as though it has rabies.

dimitri

First Grade
thats the image i was trying to upload

still looks like they havent got anything up about assoicate membership yet

Nuke

Staff member
Personally, I think the actual logo they will use will be simpler than this one (I too got that e-mail, but I don't know why ... I have ordered my membership and got a phone call on Thursday morning about it). This logo is over-rendered (if that's even a word). Too much fading. Once they simplify it a bit, then (hopefully) fix up that stupid-looking mouth, I reckon it'll be a pretty good looking logo. At the moment, it looks very manga, doesn't it?

I also strongly believe the team colours will be red, black, and white. I still reckon gold should be there (as black and gold are WA's state colours, and for 2007, the WA Reds will be the WA State team before they kick-off in the 2008 Jim Beam Cup). Doesn't look good for the Central Coast Bears if Perth has their colours in a national comp. I know other teams share colours, but I woulda thought that red-black-white scheme was pretty much North Sydney's and nobody elses.

Knightmare

Coach
In the early- mid 90's Norths and the Gold Coast Seagulls both had red, black and white as their colours. St George and Illawarra both wore red and white too.

dimitri

First Grade
I think they sent an email about Associate membership before they realised they havent got it up on the site yet............whoops

Also Steve Mascord made a small mention of the REDS in todays Sunday Telegraph