What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wa Reds - Logo & Membership

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Nuke said:
Oh, before I forget, that WA Reds logo that TheTank posted up -although sent to people via e-mail from the WA Reds- is not officially the logo. They're still in the process of trademarking a logo, and that one is not finished or confirmed. I discovered this several hours ago. Apparently once discovered that it was out in public (kinda), the WARL/WA Reds board were absolutely fuming. Official colours are not released yet, so gold may yet be included (a good idea in my opinion). I received a letter today thanking me for becoming a foundation member of the WA Reds. In it, the letter states that playing and training strips will be unveiled in a few weeks sometime. I would (I assume) safely say that a logo will be finalised by then too. Once unveiled, people who have signed up as foundation members can then begin to receive their membership kits. I don't know what's contained in these kits, but I'm certainly looking forward to receiving mine!

To those who are using the WA Reds logo as an avatar or in their sig, I might just use something else for a few weeks, just to be on the safe side.

Did you sign up for membership online Nuke?

Nuke

Staff member
I did. A few weeks ago. I got a phonecall from them last Thursday morning asking about something (their computer had a glitch that removed the last two digits of the expiry date of your credit card). I received a receipt dated Thursday in the mail on Monday.

dimitri

First Grade
in regards to the "secret" logo - it is also being used on the sportingpulse website

Nuke

Staff member
If you go to the WARL website, click on the WA Reds logo, and an article will come up. It states that the logo we've been seeing the past week or two has now been confirmed as the WA Reds logo. I'm still hoping it will be simplified a wee bit, as it's over-rendered in my opinion.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Nuke said:
I'm still hoping it will be simplified a wee bit, as it's over-rendered in my opinion.

I tend to agree with you on this and have mentioned this to Geoff. Cant see anywhere on the WARL site about associate members?

Nuke

Staff member
Neither can I, but that same article states that due to popular demand, there will be associate memberships for those who live outside of Perth but still want to be a part of the WA Reds. Perhaps they just need to work out exactly what an assiciate membership pack consists of and what the cost would be?

yakstorm

First Grade
I was over in Perth on Wednesday for work so paid a visit to the WARL about an associate membership. The details of the associate membership is as follows:

- Membership of the WA Reds Club
- Foundation Member Polo
- Members Card
- Monthly electronic newsletter
- Entry into WARL sponsored prize competitions
- Name inscribed on the historic RL Foundation Member wall at Members Equity Stadium

Price: $75

dimitri

First Grade
yakstorm said:
I was over in Perth on Wednesday for work so paid a visit to the WARL about an associate membership. The details of the associate membership is as follows:

- Membership of the WA Reds Club
- Foundation Member Polo
- Members Card
- Monthly electronic newsletter
- Entry into WARL sponsored prize competitions
- Name inscribed on the historic RL Foundation Member wall at Members Equity Stadium

Price: $75

Thats pretty good for an associate membership. Similar to other clubs.

I am going to sign up!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good on you, the more members the better as we re establish and with a large membership we will be able to attract more corporate support and media attention. Come on everyone join up for the WAR!

Jono Russell

Bench
dimitri said:
sorry this was an email that was sent to all people who have showed interest in membership, but have not purchased one yet.

I would like to purchase an associate membership but I can't see that on the website yet!

In the email was also the new logo but I cant seem to be able to post it

You were a Dragons fan, then you jumped to the Titans??? and now Reds??? WTF man are you trying to be a team whore

kooriguy

Juniors
do you guys actually believe this is a reality.. personally i would like to see central coast and wellington in before reds.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
kooriguy said:
do you guys actually believe this is a reality.. personally i would like to see central coast and wellington in before reds.

Tough titties its happening, enjoy and stop whinging.

Quidgybo

Bench
kooriguy said:
Just what the National comp needs, an 11th franchise between Newcastle and Wollongong. If NSW can't cover that 160km corridor with 10 licenses then that's the problem for the authorities in that state to solve. It shouldn't be up to all the other deserving regions in the thousands of kilometres that make up the length or breath of Australia / New Zealand to miss out completely just so NSW can have 11th dibs.

Leigh.

dimitri

First Grade
kooriguy said:

wtf

why on earth would you not want to see RL's 3rd biggest state represented by a team asap!!!!!!!!

NEWS LTD and ARL should never have abandoned the reds

Choppies

Coach
somethingwithjohn said:
You were a Dragons fan, then you jumped to the Titans??? and now Reds??? WTF man are you trying to be a team whore
I'd say Dimitri is pro expansion mate and good on him.