What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wa Reds - Logo & Membership

dimitri

First Grade
I believe that the Reds, once admitted, should use whatever stadium the Glory or Force use if they have to wait for MES to be redeveloped

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
dimitri said:
I believe that the Reds, once admitted, should use whatever stadium the Glory or Force use if they have to wait for MES to be redeveloped
You do realise that'll probably be something sh*t like the WACA ground right?

Nuke

Staff member
What the hell does Perth need another aussie rules stadium for? They've already got 2 that I can think of off-hand (Subiaco & the WACA ... assuming they still use both). There is a real need for a rectangular stadium, as both soccer & union already have teams in their respective national comps, and with League on it's way back, that's 3 sporting codes that require this stadium.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Perth Red said:
To be fair members Equity as it is will be just fine for the Reds to start with ( I would say it is on par with Shark Park etc.). We are not expecting to get in for 5 years so by then the AFL stadium will be well on its way and i would expect MES to be also starting. Difficulty could be where would they play if they are pulling down MES to rebuild it?

Don't worry about the delay, The Force have the political pull to get it prioritised and the Glory have the passionate fans who will demand it.

Big mistake building 60,000 at Subi when they could have put two great stadiums and an entertainment precint at Burswood but that's politics for you!

I see bl**dy puffball gets everything in Perth! I hope the Force, WARL and Glory kick up a fuss about this joke!

Makes me hate AFL even more this.

dimitri

First Grade
KalgoorlieRed said:
I see bl**dy puffball gets everything in Perth! I hope the Force, WARL and Glory kick up a fuss about this joke!

Makes me hate AFL even more this.

I feel sorry for you

I hope for everones sake that the reds are included in the comp soon.

Then the people of WA will hopefully get somewhat decent tv coverage

Nuke

Staff member
It's already begun in actual fact (hopefully for more than just a few weeks).

Yesterday's Titans-Dragons Sunday Afternoon Footy match was shown LIVE INTO PERTH ON CH.9!!! 2pm! I believe that next Sunday's Souths-Parra game is also on at 2pm!

Hopefully this continues throughout 2007 and beyond, and includes live State Of Origin & Grand Final (+ maybe a few semi-finals too!).

dimitri

First Grade
Nuke said:

Yesterday's Titans-Dragons Sunday Afternoon Footy match was shown LIVE INTO PERTH ON CH.9!!! 2pm! I believe that next Sunday's Souths-Parra game is also on at 2pm!

Hopefully this continues throughout 2007 and beyond, and includes live State Of Origin & Grand Final (+ maybe a few semi-finals too!).

That is awesome!!!!

Do you get much coverage/news of the WARL?

Has there been any further media coverage of the WA Reds?

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Nuke said:

WTF! I lived in Perth for 2 years and get it on 4am, now in Kal and its on live in Perth, just my luck!! lol :crazy: Right WIN, wheres that email....

Nuke

Staff member
dimitri said:
That is awesome!!!!

Do you get much coverage/news of the WARL?

Has there been any further media coverage of the WA Reds?

Nah, not a thing as far as I'm aware.
I wouldn't anticipate much until they kick off next season, perhaps with the exception of the unveiling of the colours & jersey ... whenever that may be.

dimitri

First Grade
Nuke said:
Nah, not a thing as far as I'm aware.
I wouldn't anticipate much until they kick off next season, perhaps with the exception of the unveiling of the colours & jersey ... whenever that may be.
The unveiling should be very very soon

Nuke

Staff member
I would think so too. The WARL pre-season kicks off in just under 3 weeks, and the season proper kicks off on May 12th. I would imagine they'd unveil the state jersey before the season kicks off ... but that's just a guess.

dimitri

First Grade
joondalup_giant said:
that would make sense as it would hopefully bring more interest in2 the local comp!

I agree

I would like to see some of the local comp

Unfortunately I have never been to Perth :(