What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
So? Arana Taumata, one of the most talented juniors, was taken over as a 15 year old and managed about 12 first grade games and got kicked out of 7 different clubs.
You get lost in these arguments don’t you ?

you said Aussie clubs taking kiwi juniors was bad

my response was to show when the warriors are a rabble it’s good for them to go to a club like the roosters or Penrith

Matua

Bench
You get lost in these arguments don’t you ?

you said Aussie clubs taking kiwi juniors was bad

my response was to show when the warriors are a rabble it’s good for them to go to a club like the roosters or Penrith
Dude, I've said multiple times in the thread that the Warriors are hopeless. However, it doesn't mean that Oz clubs are always going to be successful at bringing on young NZers, Taumata is just one example.

Furthermore, you continue to ignore the point the number of juniors will decrease if their is no domestic game for them to grow in.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Dude, I've said multiple times in the thread that the Warriors are hopeless. However, it doesn't mean that Oz clubs are always going to be successful at bringing on young NZers, Taumata is just one example.

Furthermore, you continue to ignore the point the number of juniors will decrease if their is know domestic game for them to grow in.
Now you’ve shifted your argument lol

and here’s the thing

cashed up warriors and nz2 can just sign union juniors

The Great Dane

First Grade
And there it is, the deflection, a poor one mind you but at least no backpedaling this time.

That point is entirely irrelevant however, since you claimed it would only take "top talent", which would mean they would be "developed" in the Australian Rugby system, not the NRL. So your argument is still wrong.

Next backpedal or deflection?
It's not a backpedal or deflection, you're just too stupid and arrogant to understand that there're social and economic factors that incentivise Kiwi's to move to Australia in pursuit of better opportunities that simply don't exist on anywhere near the same scale in the reverse, and that that has an impact on the talent pools of each nation.

As soon as a Kiwi athlete moves to Australia he's competing in Australian talent pool for a professional contract, not in NZ's, and to pretend that isn't the case is just really silly frankly.

You're trying to reduce something complex down to a single factor analysis, and that's always really stupid.

BTW, currently the Australian Rugby system feeds into the NRL and AFL as much as anything else. Sports leagues will happily poach prospects at any point in the system, and for RU that means that they lose pretty much all of their top prospects to codes that can afford to offer significantly more lucrative deals.
Being largely lumped with all the NRL and AFL's rejects is actually one of their biggest problems, and it's been getting worse with each passing generation.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I didn’t bother

To read

Any of this

And I won’t

If you keep

Annoyingly

Breaking

Up

All of your

Responses

Like a

Moron

You aren't smart enough to address individual points? And you call me the moron.

But I understand, when it's shown up that your argument is wrong, you have to find a way to bail out somehow.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
It's not a backpedal or deflection, you're just too stupid and arrogant to understand that there're social and economic factors that incentivise Kiwi's to move to Australia in pursuit of better opportunities that simply don't exist on anywhere near the same scale in the reverse, and that that has an impact on the talent pools of each nation.

Of course its a defection, you made the idiotic claim that The NZRU knows that they need Australian RU to thrive, but also that if RU ever gets popular enough in Australia that it's even just reasonably competitive in the player market, say something like 30% of the top talent that's currently going to the NRL and AFL went to RU instead, that that would be the end of the All Blacks as an institution, and they're doing everything they can to prevent that."

Kiwi's moving to Australia is irrelevant, unless you are saying it would take Kiwi's playing for the wannabes to make then any good?

As soon as a Kiwi athlete moves to Australia he's competing in Australian talent pool for a professional contract, not in NZ's, and to pretend that isn't the case is just really silly frankly.

More irrelevant deflection. Kiwi's playing in Aus has nothing to do with your claim.

BTW, currently the Australian Rugby system feeds into the NRL and AFL as much as anything else. Sports leagues will happily poach prospects at any point in the system, and for RU that means that they lose pretty much all of their top prospects to codes that can afford to offer significantly more lucrative deals.
Being largely lumped with all the NRL and AFL's rejects is actually one of their biggest problems, and it's been getting worse with each passing generation.

Of course it is, but that still does nothing to show your initial claim was true. The simple fact is, if Australian Rugby got 30% of the "top talent" in Aus then the wannabes would get better. It in no way shows that "would be the end of the All Blacks as an institution", since the "top talent" in Aus is no better than the "top talent" in NZ, as can be seen by the fact the Kiwis can beat the roos and have won the world cup.

Matua

Bench
You posts would be empty if you stopped posting lies
You've added nothing to this thread aside from poor reading comprehension, at least your mates try to engage in a discussion despite the fact they start with a baseline of delusion. So I really couldn't give two shits that you think I'm lying.

Matua

Bench
Now you’ve shifted your argument lol

and here’s the thing

cashed up warriors and nz2 can just sign union juniors
No argument has been shifted, it's just followed where the discussion has moved.

Very few players who don't already have league experience switch from rugby even now so they're not going to in a future where there is no domestic game to get them exposure to league.

Wb1234

Referee
When union fans say their players can see the world playing union they really mean see 19th century British colonial empire

Wb1234

Referee
Ah yes, those former British colonies France, Japan and Argentina
I mean it misses almost half the worlds population and is a minor sport in every nation it’s played in except nz.

but yeh

but one day the masses In China and India will be added to the 4 billion who watched the union World Cup final

Te Kaha

First Grade
I mean it misses almost half the worlds population and is a minor sport in every nation it’s played in except nz.

but yeh

but one day the masses In China and India will be added to the 4 billion who watched the union World Cup final

You have to love an attempt at deflection when you're shown up to be an idiot... to bad your attempt was just sooooo bad.

Pippen94

First Grade
You've added nothing to this thread aside from poor reading comprehension, at least your mates try to engage in a discussion despite the fact they start with a baseline of delusion. So I really couldn't give two shits that you think I'm lying.

Pointed out two times u contradicted yourself in space of a few posts. Something tells me you do that a lot

Latest posts