What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
Most of NZ's top RL talent is developed in Australia.

You, like all Kiwi's, can pretend that's not true, but it is what it is.
What, we've been saying that the entire thread. The Warriors are shit and the local grassroots game has gone to shit. Any decent league players get chequebooked over to Oz by NRL clubs with associations with high schools.

Wb1234

Referee
What, we've been saying that the entire thread. The Warriors are shit and the local grassroots game has gone to shit. Any decent league players get chequebooked over to Oz by NRL clubs with associations with high schools.
So clearly since the Aussie system is so good at producing kiwi nrl players then another nz nrl side will enhance the situation.
/thread

Wb1234

Referee
Wait, I'm not allowed to have Australian friends now? Only one of the three is a Kiwi and they've been here 21 years and done shit loads to support local rugby in Australia.

It's hard to take your discussions of rugby seriously if you honestly think the bold is how the game is played.

But the point is Aus rugby is party of the world rugby eco system, it can't survive without it, international rugby is the pinnacle of the game. Playing it's own hybrid-league style comp or whatever you want is not going to be a successful solution to improve player numbers.

That was the direct comparison I was making. Last year the crowds for the Tahs and NZ teams were similar to the Tahs v other Oz teams.

Jesus, you're not serious are you ...

Australian sides winning more does not hurt NZ rugby's bottom line, it will increase interest in the Super comp in NZ if the games are more competitive.

The restriction on eligibility is not about the strength of the Oz teams, it's about what is best for the game in NZ (on the field, not financially) and how system works (e.g. the players are contracted to NZR). The ARU have not shown any interest in overturning the status quo either.

It's not BS. Oz rugby will not be successful if it's only playing itself. It's not going to instantly be an NRL level competition.
Your arguing with someone who is actually a Aussie union fan as well as league

maybe he knows more about union than you think

Perth Red

Post Whore
So clearly since the Aussie system is so good at producing kiwi nrl players then another nz nrl side will enhance the situation.
/thread
How? Surely if one NZ NRL club has failed to capitalize on NZ jnr talent theres no reason to believe adding a second will change that?
The problems seem to be in the NZ systems and funding, not in the number of NRL clubs in the country.

Wb1234

Referee
How? Surely if one NZ NRL club has failed to capitalize on NZ jnr talent theres no reason to believe adding a second will change that?
The problems seem to be in the NZ systems and funding, not in the number of NRL clubs in the country.
Yeh the warriors have struggled to produce talented players from New Zealand

you’ve been on a roll lately

Pippen94

First Grade
Im starting to think te kah and Matua are the same person 🤔

They clearly don't know anything about league in NZ, it's obvious by their posts. However, I live in Australia, and as I stated have had friends working for one of the Super teams fairly recently, so I do have some knowledge about rugby over here. It is what it is.

Sure you don't. Stop pretending to know somebody who knows something. Rugby is dead here btw

docbrown

Coach
No fine line for anything. Answering in kind has always been done on here.

And yet the Kiwis League team has won in the world cup in the last 15 years and made the final, despite the incredibly small player base.

Unless you live in NZ. then it only means something to a very small amount of people.

Logic has never been there strong suit.

Of course they are, look up the definition. Just because you don't like the definition, doesn;t make it untrue.

Ahhh, using the straw man argument when you know you're wrong. I said no such thing, but since you know I was right you make shit up.

Of course you would back it, however the list of places you gave is a "pipe dream".

What is it with you Aussies and your narrow thinking? World Rugby supported the Jaguares because it was great development for Argentina. they would have been fine had they been able to continue. But covid killed the comp and their best players went back to Europe. However there is no reason, should they desire it to do exactly the same thing again. Since on the field they were a success.

The sunwolves were covered by the JRU, the teams in their domestic comp are paid by Mitsubishi, Toyota, Toshiba. Who did not support the sunwolves. However a Japan pool would be made up of the Japan League top teams, who would gladly and easily support those teams.
Oh and South Africa have already asked if it was possible to field some teams in Super Rugby, they quite liked the two hemisphere model. It probably wont happen, but its there.

Wow... a bunch of no nothing League supporters all agree what they think will happen to a rugby comp... who would have thought that....
I didn’t bother

To read

Any of this

And I won’t

If you keep

Annoyingly

Breaking

Up

All of your

Responses

Like a

Moron

Matua

Bench
/thread
No, it's not a good thing for the game for players to be shipped off to Australia, why on earth would you think that? A new NZ team needs to be able to keep the good young players in NZ or there really is no point to them.

Re: The Great Dane - I didn't claim he wasn't a rugby fan. The fact he is doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says though.

Wb1234

Referee
No, it's not a good thing for the game for players to be shipped off to Australia, why on earth would you think that? A new NZ team needs to be able to keep the good young players in NZ or there really is no point to them.

Re: The Great Dane - I didn't claim he wasn't a rugby fan. The fact he is doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says though.
Why not

premier league sucks in juniors from all around the globe

the nrl is improving kiwi playing ranks

if it’s just the warriors your limited to how many players you can develop

Wb1234

Referee

Indeed making them only play for the first warriors could see them lost to the code eg rts or the other guy that left the warriors last year for a sabbatical

fisher Harris, Jwh or manu you don’t see them having these issues

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Indeed making them only play for the first warriors could see them lost to the code eg rts or the other guy that left the warriors last year for a sabbatical

fisher Harris, Jwh or manu you don’t see them having these issues

How’s Angus Chrighton going

Matua

Bench
Why not

premier league sucks in juniors from all around the globe

the nrl is improving kiwi playing ranks

if it’s just the warriors your limited to how many players you can develop
The NRL is not the premier league. League in NZ is not soccer.

If the domestic game continues to collapse then the number of players coming through will decrease, therefore there will be less players for the NRL. There will be less juniors from NZ to suck up. So, as previously said if NZ2 is going to be a successful option then the domestic game needs to be sorted too.

RTS was likely going to go to rugby no matter who he was playing for.

Wb1234

Referee

If the domestic game continues to collapse then the number of players coming through will decrease, therefore there will be less players for the NRL. There will be less juniors from NZ to suck up. So, as previously said if NZ2 is going to be a successful option then the domestic game needs to be sorted too.

Yeh nah

nah

joey manu looks really settled

winning comps and making finals

Matua

Bench
Yeh nah

nah

joey manu looks really settled

winning comps and making finals
So? Arana Taumata, one of the most talented juniors, was taken over as a 15 year old and managed about 12 first grade games and got kicked out of 7 different clubs.

Latest posts