What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Te Kaha

First Grade
From what?

Deflection from the fact that there is no "momentum" for another NRL team in NZ. All you can post is Australians in Australia who think it might be a good idea. And the only club to give an opinion is also the only NZ club who think, without the massive grassroot investment first, it's an idea doomed to failure.

Deflection from the fact that the chances of NZ2 are failing with every bit of news out of NZ.

Deflection from the fact that your original claim has been shown to be a "massive" error and a "massive blow" to your ego.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Deflection from the fact that there is no "momentum" for another NRL team in NZ. All you can post is Australians in Australia who think it might be a good idea. And the only club to give an opinion is also the only NZ club who think, without the massive grassroot investment first, it's an idea doomed to failure.

Deflection from the fact that the chances of NZ2 are failing with every bit of news out of NZ.

Deflection from the fact that your original claim has been shown to be a "massive" error and a "massive blow" to your ego.
There was a great crowd at a trial in Christchurch, what do you think they'd say? " please don't bring the biggest and best Rugby competition to my town"
I think the next team should also be called "New Zealand " so basically anyone in NZ can choose to follow them but what should they be called?

Te Kaha

First Grade
There was a great crowd at a trial in Christchurch, what do you think they'd say? " please don't bring the biggest and best Rugby competition to my town"
I think the next team should also be called "New Zealand " so basically anyone in NZ can choose to follow them but what should they be called?

12K for the only time this year they will be there is a good crowd now? And here you have been saying Super Rugby crowds of that size indicate "the game is dying"... so which is it?

And its far from the best "rugby competition"... you could argue its the best "domestic competition" but its not even domestic. Maybe its the best, mostly domestic, competition in the southern pacific....

Just face it. With no NZ TV money, no corporate support, less value for Aussie TV than an Aussie club, putting a new team that will be unable to attract the necessary top Aussie talent into the same location is the most successful Professional Rugby Club in the world, has no chance of happening.

Gobsmacked

Bench
12K for the only time this year they will be there is a good crowd now? And here you have been saying Super Rugby crowds of that size indicate "the game is dying"... so which is it?

And its far from the best "rugby competition"... you could argue its the best "domestic competition" but its not even domestic. Maybe its the best, mostly domestic, competition in the southern pacific....

Just face it. With no NZ TV money, no corporate support, less value for Aussie TV than an Aussie club, putting a new team that will be unable to attract the necessary top Aussie talent into the same location is the most successful Professional Rugby Club in the world, has no chance of happening.
If Super rugby got 12k, they might even give us the figures..
It was a trial and probably one of the most attended trials in the NRL!
I really think you struggle with the concept of a trial...
Anyway moving on, what do you think they should be called?

Te Kaha

First Grade
If Super rugby got 12k, they might even give us the figures..
It was a trial and probably one of the most attended trials in the NRL!
I really think you struggle with the concept of a trial...
Anyway moving on, what do you think they should be called?

So "league fans" wont go to a trial, even though its the only time they will see these teams this year, or for many years? "only a trial" is a bullshit excuse when you can't defend the crowd.

And as usual you deflect because you cant respond to the salient points, no surprise.

But on the off chance you can...
How will it work? With no NZ TV money, no corporate support, less value for Aussie TV than an Aussie club, putting a new team, that will be unable to attract the necessary top Aussie talent, into the same location is the most successful Professional Rugby Club. Especially with no TV ratings AND small crowds.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So "league fans" wont go to a trial, even though its the only time they will see these teams this year, or for many years? "only a trial" is a bullshit excuse when you can't defend the crowd.

And as usual you deflect because you cant respond to the salient points, no surprise.

But on the off chance you can...
How will it work? With no NZ TV money, no corporate support, less value for Aussie TV than an Aussie club, putting a new team, that will be unable to attract the necessary top Aussie talent, into the same location is the most successful Professional Rugby Club. Especially with no TV ratings AND small crowds.
I'm happy to address all those things and much more.. if you give them a good name.
What would you call them?

Gobsmacked

Bench
It's pointless... But i understand why you would need one, after all you made this entire thread without knowing anything about NZ, it's sports, or its fans. So it's no surprise you are stuck.
I think it should be:

New Zealand Taiaha

What's your thoughts on the name?

Te Kaha

First Grade
Tony Kemp thinks it's the go . Is he a kiwi? Does he know anything about NZ?

So yes your ego IS that fragile...

Did you notice the salient bit of information in that Article

"THE OBVIOUS CHOICE FOR AN 18TH TEAM, ACCORDING TO EX-WARRIORS COACH TONY KEMP
BY ETHAN CLARK A YEAR AGO"

I'll give you a hint... its the last three words.... Since that Article some things have changed that dramatically effect the chances of what he wants to happen from happening.... but then you already knew that.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So yes your ego IS that fragile...

Did you notice the salient bit of information in that Article

"THE OBVIOUS CHOICE FOR AN 18TH TEAM, ACCORDING TO EX-WARRIORS COACH TONY KEMP
BY ETHAN CLARK A YEAR AGO"

I'll give you a hint... its the last three words.... Since that Article some things have changed that dramatically effect the chances of what he wants to happen from happening.... but then you already knew that.
What should they be called?