What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
Masters has gone a bit grey since he’s been living in Melbourne

like I said we don’t need to replicate union

let them waste tens of millions a year finding the kids then we just cherry pick and throw them into Harold Matt’s etc which are already running

obviously nz2 will mean another 50 plus places for league players
Club 18 will mean another 50 plus places for league players. Be it in Australia or NZ, or PNG for that matter. NRL is already heavily represented by Kiwis, seems the systems are already producing?

Wb1234

Referee
He seems to have a different opinion to everyone else going by tv ratings and crowds this season. Would fans rather watch a 18-16 close game between Tigers and Dragons or Storm or Roosters putting 50 points on someone? Personally I can cop a game being a bit lower quality if its close than watching a highly talented stacked team in non contests.
You’re making too much about one minor comment

funny thing you haven’t worked out the delay in the announcement of team 18 reduces the likelihood of png as albo said it needed to be sooner

it’s ok don’t thank me

Wb1234

Referee
Club 18 will mean another 50 plus places for league players. Be it in Australia or NZ, or PNG for that matter. NRL is already heavily represented by Kiwis, seems the systems are already producing?
Not if they find a talent like te whare just like that when he was on the scrap heap

last year was his first year ever playing league and he’s got the potential for dally m rookie of the year

Gobsmacked

Bench
You know what gold miners say.
Best place to look for gold is where you found it last .

Gobsmacked

Bench
Imagine how much Union talent that ends up on the scap heap on politics alone. It's not a coincidence that most Union players are well connected.
f**k I hate that sport 🤦‍♂️

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not if they find a talent like te whare just like that when he was on the scrap heap

last year was his first year ever playing league and he’s got the potential for dally m rookie of the year
Dally M for one game? Wow. The fact Branko Lee was keeping him out of the side may suggest you are over rating him a bit at this point in his NRL career lol

Te Kaha

First Grade
Not really.

You think the lack of desire for a second NZ team from anyone in NZ is not important? You think the lack of interest in anyone bidding for a second NZ team in NZ is not important???? Wow... and i thought you were stupid before that post...

Matua

Bench
Imagine how much Union talent that ends up on the scap heap on politics alone. It's not a coincidence that most Union players are well connected.
f**k I hate that sport 🤦‍♂️
This is not true of NZ rugby. Essentially Te Whare was a lazy fatty which was why he went from the NPC and Chiefs development down to 3rd division rugby. Nothing to do with politics. The three recent converts from NZ rugby are a fatty last playing 3rd division, a NZ7s ex league player, and a club midfielder who's now a first grade forward, not exactly talent ending up on the scrap heap. Just good sportsmen who were probably never going to make it big in NZ rugby.

For this discussion you need to seperate what you belief Oz rugby is and what NZ rugby actually is. But as you rightly note you hate the sport and that hatred blinds you from being able to have a rational discussion about this.

Gobsmacked

Bench
You think the lack of desire for a second NZ team from anyone in NZ is not important? You think the lack of interest in anyone bidding for a second NZ team in NZ is not important???? Wow... and i thought you were stupid before that post...
I always enjoy the irony of you calling people stupid. A small guilty pleasure of mine.

Gobsmacked

Bench
This is not true of NZ rugby. Essentially Te Whare was a lazy fatty which was why he went from the NPC and Chiefs development down to 3rd division rugby. Nothing to do with politics. The three recent converts from NZ rugby are a fatty last playing 3rd division, a NZ7s ex league player, and a club midfielder who's now a first grade forward, not exactly talent ending up on the scrap heap. Just good sportsmen who were probably never going to make it big in NZ rugby.

For this discussion you need to seperate what you belief Oz rugby is and what NZ rugby actually is. But as you rightly note you hate the sport and that hatred blinds you from being able to have a rational discussion about this.
Fair point. Probably more related to AUS rugby then.
Rugby league is a very raw physical game . That raw physicality isn't the most desired aspect Union as it is in League.
That's the talent lost and found.

Wb1234

Referee

Nrl training is tougher

so it’s easy to turn raw talent into stars when union can’t cause of all the other stuff they have to practice like rucks mauls lineouts and scrums

Te Kaha

First Grade
I always enjoy the irony of you calling people stupid. A small guilty pleasure of mine.

And you are too stupid to even know what irony is.

here is a hint. inferring someone is stupid while simultaneously thinking that the lack of any interest in NZ2 in NZ is unimportant, which of course is very stupid.

Gobsmacked

Bench
And you are too stupid to even know what irony is.

here is a hint. inferring someone is stupid while simultaneously thinking that the lack of any interest in NZ2 in NZ is unimportant, which of course is very stupid.
Again 🤣 thanks. You're taking requests now 🤘
The true rugby fans.. are turning off 😳...

Latest posts