What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Vibing

Juniors
Yeh luc longley would’ve made an excellent rugby league player

soccer union basketball all fighting for the crumbs

meanwhile nrl gets record ratings never been this popular before on tv

Sports doing well ... or not ... atm

NRL
attendances ... on track to break records
TV ratings .... see the above

AFL
attendances .... will go close to a record
TV ratings .... concerning

Super Rugby /Union
hahahahaha
OMFG for both
might be some interest to see how Eddie goes

A league /Soccer
see above
WWC will be a highlight in Aus & NZ

NBL
attendances.... very good from a low base
TV ratings ... ok , from a low base

Te Kaha

First Grade
I lived it you moron. I as a kid went through the exact same thing. A kid I played with at lunch playing basketball- the best and tallest basketball player at school ended up playing for the Central Queensland Capras !
It means as much as huge numbers playing chess.
Athletic kids don't play 1 sport 🤦‍♂️ .
Basketball is fun , a very common household item is a basketball hoop ffs.
Ask yourself and your slow mate this.
How many current NRL players do you think can do a decent jump shot?
The vast majority!
They play NRL ffs

And that's how you say you don't know what you are talking about, without actually saying the words.

So you "lived" being a teenager in NZ? Really... funny how you didn't bring that up before... Or as usual, you are talking bullshit.

In the last 30 years by every metric, the vast majority of League juniors have been from Pacific Island decent. Followed by Maori, and a minority of Pakeha.

In the last 5-10 Years, the number of Pacific Island and Maori kids have turned off of contact sports to play Basketball has been massive. The result has been the number of League juniors in NZ has fallen through the floor and those same kids are now playing basketball.

Only a moron such as yourself thinks "current NRL players" having a "decent jump shot" has any bearing on this. PI kids are generally taller, heavier and more athletic than others there own age. Basketball is an easy sport for them to pick up, requires far fewer mates to play and can be played indoors when the weather is shit.

League doesn't have the hold over here as it does the east coast of Aussie, so while they may watch it, playing it is an entirely different matter. And when there isn't enough juniors to field teams, which is already happening then the game will dry up completely over here.

That you don't understand this is very telling, but given your ineptness in this thread, not surprising.

Gobsmacked

Bench
And that's how you say you don't know what you are talking about, without actually saying the words.

So you "lived" being a teenager in NZ? Really... funny how you didn't bring that up before... Or as usual, you are talking bullshit.

In the last 30 years by every metric, the vast majority of League juniors have been from Pacific Island decent. Followed by Maori, and a minority of Pakeha.

In the last 5-10 Years, the number of Pacific Island and Maori kids have turned off of contact sports to play Basketball has been massive. The result has been the number of League juniors in NZ has fallen through the floor and those same kids are now playing basketball.

Only a moron such as yourself thinks "current NRL players" having a "decent jump shot" has any bearing on this. PI kids are generally taller, heavier and more athletic than others there own age. Basketball is an easy sport for them to pick up, requires far fewer mates to play and can be played indoors when the weather is shit.

League doesn't have the hold over here as it does the east coast of Aussie, so while they may watch it, playing it is an entirely different matter. And when there isn't enough juniors to field teams, which is already happening then the game will dry up completely over here.

That you don't understand this is very telling, but given your ineptness in this thread, not surprising.
"the game will dry up completely over here."
You wish potato lol

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I lived it you moron. I as a kid went through the exact same thing. A kid I played with at lunch playing basketball- the best and tallest basketball player at school ended up playing for the Central Queensland Capras !
The vast majority!
They play NRL ffs
When I visit Sydney - which has been a lot the last few years since my children started attending university there - I reckon you see more kids these days with a League ball in their hands than a basketball. Or certainly not the number of kids I used to see with basketballs.

Wb1234

Immortal
The vast majority!
They play NRL ffs
It’s funny all these idiots talking about basketball junior numbers being up, soccer has the biggest junior numbers in Australia and a league is a joke

Wb1234

Immortal
When I visit Sydney - which has been a lot the last few years since my children started attending university there - I reckon you see more kids these days with a League ball in their hands than a basketball. Or certainly not the number of kids I used to see with basketballs.
Just driving around lately in the inner west see more people on the streets in league jerseys or people showing up in the gym after their team has a win lmao

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
The NRL, CA, and AFL to a lesser extent, are so confident in their position that they do nothing to maintain it, and that's left niches that sport's like basketball are currently filling.
Wrong. There`s plenty being done to maintain it, the growth in Tag and Touch League is exponential and is perfect social sport for getting into schools for both boys and girls. An example of the advantages of this :

"I signed Keano when he was 15 after watching him play in a league tag tournament in Auckland," Howe told AAP.

"Kini could step off both feet and was just electric. Put it this way, in the whole tournament I watched him play league tag he never lost a tag. No-one could catch him.

Recruitment manager Ezra Howe said he was looking for a half/fullback on a recruitment trip and hit the jackpot.

Funny enough his mum said, 'Don't you want to see him make a tackle?' I said, 'No, we'll teach him how to tackle'," Howe said.

Made his NRL debut last Sunday after tearing up the Queensland Cup. Say no more.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
basketball-by-the-numbers.jpg

https://australia.basketball/basketball-by-the-numbers-the-sports-recent-growth-in-australia/

That's enough to show that you're clueless without even discussing the NBL's growth in recent times, and here's the kicker; basketball's rate of growth is increasing across the board year on year!

There's really no helping you if you can't see that this level of upheaval will have a significant impact on the market in the future.
Those figures are about as useful as the figures fumbleball HQ release. PR nonsense, very likely include any kid who has been forced to participate in basketball in P.E. at school.

Gobsmacked

Bench
But we aren't from NZ... so we don't know anything, balls, sports, kids or even BBQ . They view gravity much differently, the effects from gravity in NZ are a concern.

Te Kaha

First Grade
But we aren't from NZ... so we don't know anything, balls, sports, kids or even BBQ . They view gravity much differently, the effects from gravity in NZ are a concern.

Of course you don't know... anything

"Sport New Zealand statistics show playing numbers in rugby league have declined faster than any sport in the country's biggest city during the past 10 years."

" male numbers are down by almost 2000 players, or 23 per cent."

mongoose

Coach
one issue with Basketball which i pointed out many pages back is that unless you are 6'3'' or taller then its going to be incredibly hard to make a professional career out of it, especially NBA where at 6'3'' or shorter you're not going to be anything except a Point Guard.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Of course you don't know... anything

"Sport New Zealand statistics show playing numbers in rugby league have declined faster than any sport in the country's biggest city during the past 10 years."

" male numbers are down by almost 2000 players, or 23 per cent."
I think we covered this on page 2 of the thread.
Dementia is no joke, get checked 👍

Te Kaha

First Grade
I think we covered this on page 2 of the thread.
Dementia is no joke, get checked 👍

Not mentioned on Page 2 at all... perhaps it's you who needs to get checked for Dementia... although it's just another example of you getting things wrong.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
one issue with Basketball which i pointed out many pages back is that unless you are 6'3'' or taller then its going to be incredibly hard to make a professional career out of it, especially NBA where at 6'3'' or shorter you're not going to be anything except a Point Guard.
That’s actually the one area Rugby Union has the other sports beat, in that it caters for most body types.
Built like a fridge? You can be a prop
Super tall? Lock
Big and athletic? Centre or loose forward
Super quick? Winger
Small and nimble? Halfback or 5/8.

Wb1234

Immortal
That’s actually the one area Rugby Union has the other sports beat, in that it caters for most body types.
Built like a fridge? You can be a prop
Super tall? Lock
Big and athletic? Centre or loose forward
Super quick? Winger
Small and nimble? Halfback or 5/8.
NAS and te whare say hi

the only body shape suited for union and not league is those really fat forwards eg Matt dunning

Latest posts