What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Gobsmacked

Bench
Seriously dude, we've been over this in the last two weeks. If there's no Super Rugby the NZR will just run an extended NPC. As noted earlier too the current NPC has more viewership (11 - 13 week comp) than the NRL does over it's whole season.
Sure mate , rainbows.

Matua

Bench
Sure mate , rainbows.

Ok, let's set aside you're quoting a notorious anti NZ rugby (troll) journalist who is focusing on one province that suits his agenda and look at this realistically.

If Super Rugby ceases to exist, NZR creates a new longer NPC and transfers the current player payments from Super Rugby to the NPC to go along with the existing NPC player payments. That's all.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Ok, let's set aside you're quoting a notorious anti NZ rugby (troll) journalist who is focusing on one province that suits his agenda and look at this realistically.

If Super Rugby ceases to exist, NZR creates a new longer NPC and transfers the current player payments from Super Rugby to the NPC to go along with the existing NPC player payments. That's all.
I'm sure a failure of the most prominent professional Rugby Union comp in the southern hemisphere will be a picnic.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I'm sure a failure of the most prominent professional Rugby Union comp in the southern hemisphere will be a picnic.

Still making up bullshit... The Pacific Championship is the "most prominent professional Rugby Union comp in the southern hemisphere" At least get your facts right before you start dribbling.

Vibing

Juniors

so
we're to pick & choose which NZ Journalists to believe & not to ?
Tea cup says a journalist or 2 over there " claimed " that TV ratings for stupor wugby were strong
& we must believe them

now you're saying another journalist writes a story that Wellington rugby is in dire financial straits & we're
not to believe him ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Matua

Bench
Which is completely irrelevant to the discussion you and I are having in regards to your claim that there will be no professional competition competing with the NRL in NZ. There will be, it will just be a national competition, one that NZR was ready to go with if they couldn't come to terms with Oz rugby.

Vibing

Juniors
Which is completely irrelevant to the discussion you and I are having in regards to your claim that there will be no professional competition competing with the NRL in NZ. There will be, it will just be a national competition, one that NZR was ready to go with if they couldn't come to terms with Oz rugby.
So

super rugby has been a failure then ?

Te Kaha

First Grade
so
Tea cup says a journalist or 2 over there " claimed " that TV ratings for stupor wugby were strong
& we must believe them

now you're saying another journalist writes a story that Wellington rugby is in dire financial straits & we're
not to believe him ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lying again... don't you get tired of that repetitive schtick?

Matua

Bench
so
& we must believe them

not to believe him ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
TBH, I can't understand what you're writing half the time bit I'll try and parse it out.

Yes, there are anti rugby journos in NZ and as such they should be taken with a grain of salt. Reason (the writer of the Wellington rugby story) might have got his facts correct (although he's already issued a correction to something he got incorrect) but he's notoriously anti NZ rugby (he's English) and always has been.

Provinces often have good years and bad years. My province Hawkes Bay is financially astute and has posted surpluses for about a decade now. Other's aren't. That's the nature of professional sports (not all NRL clubs have rosy books either).

Gobsmacked

Bench
Fair point .

Matua

Bench
So

super rugby has been a failure then ?
It's the second year of the comp, we don't really know yet. The Oz teams appear to be getting more competitive, and the big games are getting decent crowds so that's a start. Depends on whether Sky feels like they're getting value for money.

Vibing

Juniors
TBH, I can't understand what you're writing half the time bit I'll try and parse it out.

Yes, there are anti rugby journos in NZ and as such they should be taken with a grain of salt. Reason (the writer of the Wellington rugby story) might have got his facts correct (although he's already issued a correction to something he got incorrect) but he's notoriously anti NZ rugby (he's English) and always has been.

Provinces often have good years and bad years. My province Hawkes Bay is financially astute and has posted surpluses for about a decade now. Other's aren't. That's the nature of professional sports (not all NRL clubs have rosy books either).
You understand fine

We had ol Tea cup saying we should just accept Journos stating stuff without any evidence , & you saying we shouldn't, which is it ?

Gobsmacked

Bench

Due to the NRL grant, All NRL clubs actually do have rosy books.

Gobsmacked

Bench

Vibing

Juniors
It's the second year of the comp, we don't really know yet. The Oz teams appear to be getting more competitive, and the big games are getting decent crowds so that's a start. Depends on whether Sky feels like they're getting value for money.
Oh please
the A league is more relevant here & its not much better over there
The saffas got the f**k outta dodge , they knew what was coming , the Argies & Japs went the way of the dodo
The force were axed because they were a basket case , then reinstated when there weren't enough aussie teams to field a conference , drua & moana .... complete disasters

its done
its failed