What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

final say

Juniors
Based on one year? after nearly 30 to the contrary? I think assuming they've turned the corner is a little premature.

To be clear - I wouldn't be upset if you're ultimately proven right. But after 3 decades of ups and downs, it'll take more than one or two good years to convince me that things have turned for good.
Well if your point is that fickle fans for the Warriors are still prevalent. Encompassing one's sentiment is as good an argument as any I suppose..
However while you're here still crying about spilled milk of seasons past, real Warriors fans are turning out in droves.
The Warriors supporter base has moved beyond your kind.

Wb1234

Referee
Well if your point is that fickle fans for the Warriors are still prevalent. Encompassing one's sentiment is as good an argument as any I suppose..
However while you're here still crying about spilled milk of seasons past, real Warriors fans are turning out in droves.
It’s funny how warriors getting sellouts triggers some on here

Matiunz

Juniors
One semi good year for the warriors vs 140 for the established rugby code

wait till the wahs are actually a really good side Eden park will be needed
Council has been trying to consolidate Stadiums and have the Warriors as a tenant at Eden park for about a decade, Warriors have fought against it as the operating costs and break even point is prohibitive.
Hopefully the Waterfront stadium gets momentum it’d be a much better option

Matiunz

Juniors
RU has reverted to type, and is going back to being years - if not decades - behind the innovations of rugby league.

Case in point, the NZ Super Rugby teams have only just now started releasing heritage jerseys.
Yep about the time they did that and they flew off the shelves in an hour.
Problem they have now is apart from the iconic original jerseys there’s not too many iconic jerseys left with the way Adidas changed them regularly.

Matiunz

Juniors
Seeing comments on social media and fan forums it’s pretty obvious a chunk of the bandwagon had left after a few shockers only to jump back on after the Panthers win.
There were comments about the Dolphins game that it was near sold out after the Manly game so it’s not really reflective of their current position on the table and it’s probably lucky they haven’t played in Auckland the last month coupled with the great result against the Panthers if they continue they may have luckily avoided a dip in crowds.

Maximus

Coach
These 3 are too stupid to understand that nobody agreeing with the dumb shit they post doesn't mean they are all the same person, it just means that multiple people all agree that the shit they post is dumb.

Matiunz

Juniors
These 3 are too stupid to understand that nobody agreeing with the dumb shit they post doesn't mean they are all the same person, it just means that multiple people all agree that the shit they post is dumb.
Irony is if you follow their “posting style” criteria as ‘proof’ of an alt it points to them being alts…
Get your bingo card ready for ‘union troll’

Vlad59

Juniors
Irony is if you follow their “posting style” criteria as ‘proof’ of an alt it points to them being alts…
I’m one for relying on statements from people who actually live in or are connected to NZ for information about the game there. Strange approach I know. Pretty much everything I’ve been able to find on line backs that approach up.

Maximus

Coach

Not only that, but one of the 3 is a confirmed alt who used both accounts at the same time, and claimed they set up the 2nd account because they forgot their password. Of course it makes sense to set up a completely new account and tell a whole different story about yourself instead of just clicking the forgot password button.

Wb1234

Referee
  • Parents and coaches report a strong presence of NRL scouts at national under-15 tournaments, with minimal visibility from Super Rugby teams.
  • There are calls for a unified strategy in rugby union to counter the NRL’s effective talent acquisition.

“at least seven players from under 15s school teams in Auckland who have signed with NRL clubs and relocated to Australia.

Five leading players from last year’s Auckland Grammar under-15s team were targeted”

Wb1234

Referee
Nrl clubs raiding rugby union pathways is a cost effective solution as I’ve been saying for ages

And they are getting the best kids and getting them into the elite nrl pathways at a young age

the money nrl clubs have is hard to compete with

final say

Juniors
Nrl clubs raiding rugby union pathways is a cost effective solution as I’ve been saying for ages

And they are getting the best kids and getting them into the elite nrl pathways at a young age

the money nrl clubs have is hard to compete with
More teams, bigger caps...more teams.. bigger caps.$$$$
Rugby union is Aus has bankrupted itself trying to compete.. NZ rugby is next.