What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matiunz

Juniors
RTS going to watch his former club mate because he has 2 weeks to kill proves it's the better sport though lol
No but some claim the sports hate each other in NZ when in truth you frequently see the fans and athletes of each following both.

Matua

Bench
No but some claim the sports hate each other in NZ when in truth you frequently see the fans and athletes of each following both.
I mentioned earlier in the thread seeing a Warriors (Forbes) and Blues (Berry) player at a cafe together on my most recent trip back, but the know-it-alls on this thread know better.

final say

Juniors
There's a lot of people , moving parts and organisations involved. There's truths to both sides.
Nobody said that people can't watch both and enjoy it( I even watched some of the wc when I was in NZ) but pretending that there's not people who snubs the other is just silly, your mate just took a swipe at League on the previous page...
It's fair to say everyone has a varied degree of favouritism towards one or the other and someone truly appreciating both perfectly equally is as common as a coin landing on its edge.
Having said that, the 2 sports can coexist but the fact is the progress of one is commonly offset by the detriment of the other.. we have over a hundred years of evidence of this and it plays out before us today.
I love League far more than Union and knowing that my favourite sport is held back by the progress of the other makes me hate the other. Witnessing my sport directly held back by the other, makes me hate it even more so.. to see they pompous arrogant class based sport taunt my sport openly makes me hate that sport..then actually Witnessing what a boring pitiful sport it is actually makes me hate it.
If I was a kiwi that grew up on Union, it was our national pride and I didn't get exposure to the class based ridicule Union has done in other parts of the world and been thoroughly exposed to League... I'd be confused too.

mongoose

Coach
You wouldn't find a league fan on a Union forum .
A Union fan on a League forum?
There is some cross over of fans in Brisbane, lots of Reds fans are also Broncos fans and some vice versa. Same in Canberra. I'm not sure about Sydney, it seems to have a more ingrained class divide...

Chris Reid

Juniors

no but it does look more interesting than a union forum

but enjoy your time on planetrugby lol
Wally you compare an AFL and Rugby forum to a League forum you'll find those other forums don't even remotely come close to the amount of times other sports are mentioned and compared to as on here

Wb1234

Referee
There is some cross over of fans in Brisbane, lots of Reds fans are also Broncos fans and some vice versa. Same in Canberra. I'm not sure about Sydney, it seems to have a more ingrained class divide...
Nah in Sydney just about every Union fan also watches league (like over 99 percent)

most cross over is chooks fans (also swans)

in terms of union only fans in Australia who don’t watch league it would be basically zero

Chris Reid

Juniors
To this Neanderthal, WB and a couple others it's illegal to enjoy any other sport

Wb1234

Referee
In terms of Aussie union fans most like league to some degree

some would secretly dream of union taking over so they aren’t real league fans but still watch lots of league games over super rugby

in terms of league fans that enjoy union ? Hardly anybody watch I regularly

maybe one or two internationals a year and no club games