What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

final say

Juniors
"The Kea looks like a parrot and The Warriors have android parts for some reason" "Perfect, send it"
I think a Terminator esk kea is the go..it needs part of the feathers missing showing the metal skull and red eye... endangered.?.." I'll be back!"

When the run out ,it could be the theme music from Terminator.
" it will not stop until it has won the ruck!"

final say

Juniors
"The Kea looks like a parrot and The Warriors have android parts for some reason" "Perfect, send it"
I think a Terminator esk kea is the go..it needs part of the feathers missing showing the metal skull and red eye... endangered.?.." I'll be back!"

When the run out ,it could be the theme music from Terminator.
" it will not stop until it has won the ruck!"

Wb1234

Referee

how does this compare to the other union sides ?

we know the warriors will be well over 20k for double the number of home games

Matiunz

Juniors

how does this compare to the other union sides ?

we know the warriors will be well over 20k for double the number of home games
Only other one I’ve seen is Hurricanes that was around the 14k ave mark.
Lots of complaints about pricing so thought I’d take a look, Hurricanes v Rebel Sat $25-$60, Warriors vs Tigers $20-$40.
Warriors seem to have found that Goldilocks zone of pricing, I know I pay more to attend their Sydney games in general.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I think we can all agree that AI art is shit and that is a piss poor representation of a Kea.

The bid needs to become professional very soon, to get taken seriously.
The only reason they'd rely on AI art as they have is if they can't afford or refuse to get graphics and assets done up for them by professionals, which is a clear sign that the bid has no real substance to it.

Colk

First Grade
Only other one I’ve seen is Hurricanes that was around the 14k ave mark.
Lots of complaints about pricing so thought I’d take a look, Hurricanes v Rebel Sat $25-$60, Warriors vs Tigers $20-$40.
Warriors seem to have found that Goldilocks zone of pricing, I know I pay more to attend their Sydney games in general.

Good on them. Maybe other clubs could take the hint. A full house with atmosphere also looks a hell of a lot better on TV

The Great Dane

First Grade
Good on them. Maybe other clubs could take the hint. A full house with atmosphere also looks a hell of a lot better on TV
Are they sacrificing profit or pushing loss leaders to achieve it though?

IDK, don't really care in this individual case either, but we shouldn't be encouraging teams that are papering crowds because that always ends in a race to the bottom.

Wb1234

Referee

IDK, don't really care in this individual case either, but we shouldn't be encouraging teams that are papering crowds because that always ends in a race to the bottom.
Did you see the price range for tickets lmao

they both charge the same at the low end

Colk

First Grade

Well that’s a question that only they can answer.

Using that example above though, if you were to mean those price ranges, their mean ticket would be $12.50 less which is 29% less than the Hurricanes. Based on a 40 -50% improved ticket sales in comparison, they are making more money. Now of course that’s purely speculative on an equal distribution of higher range and lower range which is very unlikely but perhaps cheaper ticketing can be a positive.

The other option would be drastically improve the at game experience in Australia and NZ but considering some of the facilities around the place that is unlikely to occur in the short term.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Well that’s a question that only they can answer.

Using that example above though, if you were to mean those price ranges, their mean ticket would be $12.50 less which is 29% less than the Hurricanes. Based on a 40 -50% improved ticket sales in comparison, they are making more money. Now of course that’s purely speculative on an equal distribution of higher range and lower range which is very unlikely but perhaps cheaper ticketing can be a positive.

The other option would be drastically improve the at game experience in Australia and NZ but considering some of the facilities around the place that is unlikely to occur in the short term.
Obviously we don't have access to the information necessary to answer the question, but we've also got enough experience to know that bigger crowds doesn't necessarily equal bigger profits, and that there're lots of dirty ways that clubs boost and fudge numbers like that.

Now I'm not accusing the Warriors of doing anything out of the ordinary to boost their numbers, as I honestly wouldn't have a clue in their case, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if they were, there are many clubs in all sports that do, and we should be careful not to encourage that behaviour because it has serious negative long term effects.

We also don't really know what's going on in NZ in general.
Is this Warriors craze just a fad that'll dissipate once they have couple bad seasons?
Are RU's current issues making things look better than they are on the ground, and how long will that last for?
Are their other factors or unforeseen consequences impacting interest in RL over there?

Basically some of us need to claim down and wait to see how things play out in Auckland before we start popping the champagne, because none of us have a clue what's actually going on over there just yet.

BTW; there are some pretty simple ways the NRL could drastically improve game day experience without the need for significant investment in facilities. Simply getting the clubs to take gameday entertainment seriously and invest some actual money into production costs would make a world of difference for most of them.

Latest posts