What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
There's a lot of people , moving parts and organisations involved. There's truths to both sides.
Nobody said that people can't watch both and enjoy it( I even watched some of the wc when I was in NZ) but pretending that there's not people who snubs the other is just silly, your mate just took a swipe at League on the previous page...
It's fair to say everyone has a varied degree of favouritism towards one or the other and someone truly appreciating both perfectly equally is as common as a coin landing on its edge.
Having said that, the 2 sports can coexist but the fact is the progress of one is commonly offset by the detriment of the other.. we have over a hundred years of evidence of this and it plays out before us today.
I love League far more than Union and knowing that my favourite sport is held back by the progress of the other makes me hate the other. Witnessing my sport directly held back by the other, makes me hate it even more so.. to see they pompous arrogant class based sport taunt my sport openly makes me hate that sport..then actually Witnessing what a boring pitiful sport it is actually makes me hate it.
If I was a kiwi that grew up on Union, it was our national pride and I didn't get exposure to the class based ridicule Union has done in other parts of the world and been thoroughly exposed to League... I'd be confused too.
What a weird way to be, I find soccer and AFL boring, but I don't hate them, I just don't care about them. Soccer is always going to be the biggest sport in the world, no point wasting time on being annoyed by that.

As for the rest of your post, why on earth are you worrying about that stuff in Australia? NRL is the top dog here, it's a behemoth, why worry yourself about stuff in the past? Just be happy you've got the biggest game in the SH.

No one at any time has said no one snubs either sport in NZ, but the majority are fans of both.

Wb1234

Referee
Lmao let’s ignore 130 years of rugby union trying to kill off rugby league and all just get along

even when it’s continuing today

as the benchwark rugby league competition in the world it’s the nrls job to grow wherever it can even if that means dominating all its rivals

the reality is afl will is too entrenched in Victoria sa and wa

nz however union is very vulnerable to rugby league

Chris Reid

Juniors
Lmao let’s ignore 130 years of rugby union trying to kill off rugby league and all just get along

as the benchwark rugby league competition in the world it’s the nrls job to grow wherever it can even if that means dominating all its rivals

You attack every sport Wally not just Rugby. You blokes are the only ones that see other sports as rivals. It's a good laugh though.
Over 75% of your comments on here are having a go at other football codes. It's really strange

Wally can you tell me below the Warriors how's the state of Rugby League in NZ? Here's your chance

Last edited:

Matiunz

Juniors

It’s funny that AFL is often brought up as glorified suburban comp when in reality League isn’t much better with pockets of PNG and NZ propping up the Sydney/QLD comp and another comp you guys seem to like to shit on with a reach marginally more than the north of England.
You say NRL is growing the sport but my only concern about the sudden interest in the previously ignored NZ is that they are just boosting numbers to prop up Sydney club stocks with the NZ team(s) not seeing any benefit, other than that and the political move into PNG the needle hasn’t moved very far outside of NSW QLD
Love league but it’s frustrating to see them pull the pin on markets so easily such as Perth,SA,Canada,Wales etc

macca_saint

Juniors
You attack every sport Wally not just Rugby. You blokes are the only ones that see other sports as rivals. It's a good laugh though.
Over 75% of your comments on here are having a go at other football codes. It's really strange

Wally can you tell me below the Warriors how's the state of Rugby League in NZ? Here's your chance
Whose alt is this one?

Wb1234

Referee
It’s funny that AFL is often brought up as glorified suburban comp when in reality League isn’t much better with pockets of PNG and NZ propping up the Sydney/QLD comp and another comp you guys seem to like to shit on with a reach marginally more than the north of England.
You say NRL is growing the sport but my only concern about the sudden interest in the previously ignored NZ is that they are just boosting numbers to prop up Sydney club stocks with the NZ team(s) not seeing any benefit, other than that and the political move into PNG the needle hasn’t moved very far outside of NSW QLD
Love league but it’s frustrating to see them pull the pin on markets so easily such as Perth,SA,Canada,Wales etc
Deep pockets in nz mate

lmao

@final say pockets of nz !

Chris Reid

Juniors
He claims to “run a website” where he takes peoples quotes from here and reposts them

no seriously.

hes a Gold Coast United fan who got mad when they went bust
It's not a website Wally. It's a forum. How many times do I have to tell you? It's not just from here it's social media in general.

Ps Gold Coast United haven't gone bust. They still exist. You really need to do your homework before you start your stories on here

final say

Juniors
It's not a website Wally. It's a forum. How many times do I have to tell you? It's not just from here it's social media in general.

Ps Gold Coast United haven't gone bust. They still exist. You really need to do your homework before you start your stories on here
What forum?

Latest posts