What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Brian potter

Bench
I suspect Perth, Christchurch and Brisbane Tigers will be the three teams. The 17 clubs are demanding more than Labor can provide.

I don't take much notice of V'landys' rhetoric. He likes to talk shit to generate headlines.

Remember when he talked up Pasifka @ Cairns and Melbourne 2?

The dope from Penrith fell for that one hook, line and sinker.

Albo and V'landys can posture all the like. It won't change the fact no one will want to live in Port Moresby. Nor will it endear the game's commercial partners to the proposal.
Those 3 teams would set the NRL up nicely for the next generation or so for being the biggest sporting competition in the southern hemisphere and potentially the equivalent of the NFL.

Brian potter

Bench
I think it's happening mate. Both bids are ramping up their cases with a 3rd possible. They're are connected and they wouldn't be making moves like they are otherwise.
Really hope you are right mate.

it’s not hyperbole to say that the addition of NZ2 to the NRL could potentially be the biggest game changer decision in the history of RL in New Zealand.

it’s that big and momentous that it needs to happen to not to do so would not only be a mistake but a huge blunder.

i0Nic

Juniors
“Two city team” is not the way to grow the game in Perth. Just from that statement alone im off that bid.

Bring in NZ2 first and then next a standalone Perth bid.

Bukowski

Juniors
“Two city team” is not the way to grow the game in Perth. Just from that statement alone im off that bid.

Bring in NZ2 first and then next a standalone Perth bid.
The only thing stopping that is the infancy of the NZ bids in comparison to the Perth bid. But I wouldn't mind if NZ came in before Perth. PNG is the only bid that sets off alarm bells for me.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Port Moresby just doesn't have the depth and breadth of corporates that any major Australian (or NZ) city will have.

no it doesn’t. But I can see a PNG team if it gets in still getting corporate support there because frankly it won’t have much competition.

Luckily for us, the NRL seems to be slowly backing away from this shitshow of an idea
Let’s hope so. I agree it’s a dumb idea on several levels.