What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

flippikat

Bench
GRR at Christchurch getting all the attention, all the bids, and all the "outside of Auckland" games, and us muggins in Wellintgon getting sweet FA. :(

**goes out of the room to scream "F***ING CANTABS!! YOU GET EVERYTHING ARGH ARGH ARGH!!" Where's our games!?! WHERE'S OUR GAMES!?!?!? ARRRRRRRRGHHHH" **

Umm... yeah, so I guess Christchurch is being anointed as NZ Rugby League's "Second City" now, right? ;)

(Note: purely exaggeration/satire - I suspect Wellington may get some crumbs out of this, once the dust has settled - enough to guage interest, build a consistent following etc etc)

Bukowski

Juniors
There's speculation that announcement on Perth may come soon after bids close, as the Perth + Bears bid is shaping up as a clear choice without the logistical fish-hooks of PNG or the plethora of competing bids that NZ 2 or SE Qld has to weigh-up.

Wouldn't be surprised if there the two announcements "Perth is in for 2027, more on 19/20 later this year" in August, then "ok, here's our thinking on 19/20" in September.
I think 18/19 will be announced just after GF. Bids for team 20 will be given more time.

BuffaloRules

Coach
GRR at Christchurch getting all the attention, all the bids, and all the "outside of Auckland" games, and us muggins in Wellintgon getting sweet FA. :(

**goes out of the room to scream "F***ING CANTABS!! YOU GET EVERYTHING ARGH ARGH ARGH!!" Where's our games!?! WHERE'S OUR GAMES!?!?!? ARRRRRRRRGHHHH" **

Umm... yeah, so I guess Christchurch is being anointed as NZ Rugby League's "Second City" now, right? ;)

(Note: purely exaggeration/satire - I suspect Wellington may get some crumbs out of this, once the dust has settled - enough to guage interest, build a consistent following etc etc)

I suspect you have been out-stadiumed

flippikat

Bench
I suspect you have been out-stadiumed
Yeah, good point.

We got the location absolutely right, but we didn't tell cricket to "butt out" - and got the design absolutely WRONG.

Icing on the cake is the recent trend (Dunedin, now Christchurch) to make the new builds fully covered. In the cold of NZ winters, that's a huge win for spectator comfort.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

As (I think) you have pointed out previously, you might get a bit more love from the Wahs and Aussie NRL clubs bringing games over once Christchurch has a full time team.

Vlad59

Bench
Funniest reveals ever ? ! Thanks bro!
Wait until they find out my real name isn't Final Say! Shhh don't tell anyone, I'll let you know ahead of time so you can tune in for the BIG REVEAL!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
The big reveal is you are a blatant liar. Caught red handed. It’s a joy to watch.

Latest posts