What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
Nah he just extended 2 years last year, till end '25.

If he's talking to the Wahs he must have an out-clause in that contract, probably based on test selection.

If so, that could suggest his interest is genuine.
Perhaps he missed out on all blacks squad and this is to pressure the nzru to pick him ?

Wiki lists him as a current all black

Has been picked in the teams that played in the past few weeks ?
Nah missed out. Had a few injuries this year so didnt reach the same heights as last year and there's good depth amongst outside backs.

With new coaches in place, he may have seen this year as his best opportunity to properly crack the team. Now he's missed out, and not really on the periphery to come in if someone goes down either, he wouldn't be the first player at this stage of his career to start looking at other options.

Wb1234

Referee
Nah missed out. Had a few injuries this year so didnt reach the same heights as last year and there's good depth amongst outside backs.

With new coaches in place, he may have seen this year as his best opportunity to properly crack the team. Now he's missed out, and not really on the periphery to come in if someone goes down either, he wouldn't be the first player at this stage of his career to start looking at other options.
Yeh thought so

could be genuine then or a move to Japan or France

I can’t see an actual current all black coming to league before a World Cup and with their wages not far off or on par with what they would get in league

Yeh thought so

could be genuine then or a move to Japan or France

I can’t see an actual current all black coming to league before a World Cup and with their wages not far off or on par with what they would get in league
Probably both I reckon.

I don't think he'd have much luck playing the Wahs off against an offshore rugby club, nor vice versa. So if he's talking to anyone I think it'll be legit.

Be interesting to see how it plays out. Very good attacking player but his defensive decision making was seen as a weakness which is what cost him a regular test spot. But if he's having to learn a new defensive system as part of a switch, that may not be a deal breaker.

Wb1234

Referee
Probably both I reckon.

I don't think he'd have much luck playing the Wahs off against an offshore rugby club, nor vice versa. So if he's talking to anyone I think it'll be legit.

Be interesting to see how it plays out. Very good attacking player but his defensive decision making was seen as a weakness which is what cost him a regular test spot. But if he's having to learn a new defensive system as part of a switch, that may not be a deal breaker.
The wallaby who went to the roosters had a very good game in nsw cup on the weekend

his defence was a bit sus but he scored a good try

Latest posts