What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matiunz

Juniors
Probably just about pips the kiwis team from the mid-late 90’s that had the likes of jones, pongia, Barnett, McCracken, Lomax, wiki, hoppe, ridge, Kearney, big Joe, and the Paul bros etc.
Remember this team fondly, had an epic semi final with Aus that had we gotten through we had a decent chance at taking it out.
First game I ever went to was this team vs Great Britain in Palmy

warriors 95

Juniors
Remember this team fondly, had an epic semi final with Aus that had we gotten through we had a decent chance at taking it out.
First game I ever went to was this team vs Great Britain in Palmy
95’ World Cup semi-final in Huddersfield?

was the Great Britain test a super league test game?

Matiunz

Juniors
95’ World Cup semi-final in Huddersfield?

was the Great Britain test a super league test game?
Yeah that was the game, Ridge had a chance to put us ahead in the dying minutes But wasn’t to be.
The GB tour was 96 so the season before super league but looking at the squad there’s no McCracken or Freeman who were ARL aligned but did have Grant Young (crushers) and Tyran Smith(South’s) but they had both signed with the Warriors for 97 so may have been why

warriors 95

Juniors
Yeah that was the game, Ridge had a chance to put us ahead in the dying minutes But wasn’t to be.
The GB tour was 96 so the season before super league but looking at the squad there’s no McCracken or Freeman who were ARL aligned but did have Grant Young (crushers) and Tyran Smith(South’s) but they had both signed with the Warriors for 97 so may have been why
That game for me was the turning point for the kiwis in which they went from being constant underdogs to Australia to being on a level par with the kangaroos.