What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights 2019 Team

SamSepi0l

Juniors
How do we see our top 8 chances if we see a lot of a Lino/Ponga combination?

I think we're in a better spot to cope than last year when Pearce missed a couple but I think it still leaves the team lacking leadership and guidance on the field.

Knight Vision

First Grade
They will not keep the coach if the team is struggling. That would be stupid with the roster we now have.
It would have to be a disaster of epic proportions. Consistently chopping and changing is what got us into the mess we we're in. In a big way this squad signed on to Browny's sales pitch, the removal of the coach for failure to get immediate results ( being a genuine premiership threat ) from a squad that hasnt played together would be a big error.

Spot On

Coach
It would have to be a disaster of epic proportions. Consistently chopping and changing is what got us into the mess we we're in. In a big way this squad signed on to Browny's sales pitch, the removal of the coach for failure to get immediate results ( being a genuine premiership threat ) from a squad that hasnt played together would be a big error.

Cbopping and changing was part of the problem. So was paying near rep money for blokes that should not have played a lot of first grade.

This current squad must be playing semi finals this year. If you call that immediate results then yes, they must perform now. If not, I cant see Brown lasting too long. Maybe 1 more year? They'd have to go deep into the semis though.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
So was paying near rep money for blokes that should not have played a lot of first grade.
and paying wingers spine money. ( Uate ) Bennett royally screwed us big time and didnt even offer a reach around...... Didnt know how to manage a cap minus the 3rd party deals he was always used to. Each and every year since he left I dont care who wins the premiership so long as it isnt Wayne Bennett.

Woosh

Head Moderator
They will not keep the coach if the team is struggling. That would be stupid with the roster we now have.

What’s a pass mark for us this year babe?
Top 6 for mine otherwise Brown should be shown the door.

I didn’t sit through 2 wooden spoons with a 21W% just to be borderline top 8 team.

It makes sense to me to keep some experienced players on the bench. Just keeps the team more balanced when we need to make some interchanges. Our starting forwards will be a mix of X factor and experience if klemmer and gavet are our starting props, then after their job is done we bring on glasby to do all the work horse stuff and a fresh saifiti.

perverse

Referee
Some on here may not appreciate the young man as a footballer, but I'm very happy he's a Knight.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/02/12/incredible-gesture-from-champion-young-bloke/

Incredible gesture from 'champion young bloke'
Bugger that, he can't defend particularly well at centre at the ripe old age of 22. Get rid of him already.

In all seriousness, what a champion human being. Of all the things Bennett got wrong while he was here, I do still think Sione could captain the club one day.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Guerra for mine should be our captain and to be dropped to bench for Sione is ridiculous.

Latest posts