What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

Baldwin

Juniors
Thats what i was waiting to hear!
Should lock up Housto for a long time before next season i feel.

aqua_duck

Coach
Apparently Adrian Davis, bulldogs NYC halfback will be the Newcastle NYC halfback next year, and we've also signed a prop for NYC from QLD who's name eludes me

roopy

Referee
We finally have a quality half in Roberts who is good for 2 years, and we sign a guy in his final year and risk losing the kid - doesn't make sense unless we think this Davis is firstgrade ready.

aqua_duck

Coach
Adrian is a newcastle boy from HSH who would form a good rotation with Tyrone Roberts and Tyler Sullivan

keeney

First Grade
Aqua, you're probs the person for it, have you seen the kid play? What's he like?

IanG

Coach
Also with who will be at the club this next season. Will they do another PPP Draft or will they stay with the Real NRL clubs they are already with and they'll just allocate an NRL club to newcomers?

Frederick

Staff member
Danny Wicks has accepted a two year contract extension and taken a pay cut in doing so. He said its not about the money, he just wants to win a premiership.

Source: Newcastle Herald

perverse

Referee
Danny Wicks has accepted a two year contract extension and taken a pay cut in doing so. He said its not about the money, he just wants to win a premiership.

wow, i'm not against that at all as long as the pay cut was significant. big change of heart from the big fella since he first got here, when it was all for the money by most reports.

i think that almost deserves it's own thread. lol.

roopy

Referee

Article says he was on 200k a season.
Ironically, he has probably taken a cut so we can find 50k a season for Joel Edwards, who should take his firstgrade spot as well.

Wicks probaly got 3x as much as Mark Tuafua for last season.

Latest posts