What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle looking to future with young rake

Johns Magic

Referee
Kurt Gidley will be up there in terms of the biggest clubman by the time his career ends.

Wouldn't swap him for any other fullback in the game.

Coopah_Knights

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Kurt Gidley will be up there in terms of the biggest clubman by the time his career ends.

Wouldn't swap him for any other fullback in the game.

yeahh i guess so.
only thing is we almost lost him to the tigers in 2006? correct me if im wrong

cram

Bench
Coopah_Knights said:
yeahh i guess so.
only thing is we almost lost him to the tigers in 2006? correct me if im wrong

Mmmm, not particularly sure about that but lets remember that A Johns was happy to string the club out on every contract from 1998 till his retirement. It will take a long time for A Johns to be replaced as the Knights best ever player but as far as clubman he is way down the pecking order.

Hanscholo

Bench
Flanagan is being discussed one these boards in realtion to several clubs it appears. No surprise there really, but we will need to pay him well and sell it as well.

Knights01

Juniors
Flanagan is the best prospect out there. I don't think they should settle and welcome back Morris and/or Ennis. Sealing up Morris and losing Bedurus should then free up some $$$ to spend on a postion which needs assistance - some of you are saying a 'top quality' centre - well there would be some cash there to pursue that idea.

Knights01

Juniors
Someone mentioned Luke Priddis - a short term fix - but I personally see him in the big red V next year - joining his good mate Bennett who regards him as one of his biggest (if not biggest) mistakes - as in letting him leave to Penrith!

strewth_mate

Bench
i love the work billy peden did.
still serving the club as a excellent trainer..
always give him a hooroo at the games.
still wont forget him being the first try scorer 97 GF:crazy:

Tbh I'd completely forgotten that ;-)

macavity

Referee
we are 0% of Flanagan

I think we will end up with someone none of us have thought of. perhaps someone not playing NRL.

Knights01

Juniors
Do you mean the '01 GF - where it took a team 20 odd games to realise the way to put Parra under pressure was to simply run straight at Jason Taylor... watch the tapes - JT had a shocker defensively... as he did in just everyone of his club games - but it was highlighted in his most important game!!!

macavity

Referee
dont think we are after weepu

think of the type of player smithy targets

either yet to play FG with potential, or a bargain underachiever

my guess is when we do sign our guy (and I certainly don't know who it will be) - it will be someone where we ask either "who" or "why"

MSKnight

Juniors
I reckon it will be someone from England. Smithy would have his connections over there, past NRL Player or and English recruit is on the cards.

Latest posts