What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News article - Vicious Emails

Docking said:
The Daily Telegraph - 21/04/06

Vicious emails
By DEAN RITCHIE
April 21, 2006
ANGRY Cronulla coach Stuart Raper last night described fans behind an ugly email campaign circulating the Sutherland shire claiming he has three matches to perform or be sacked as "idiots".
Well some of them might be season seat holders, so he's right! Anyone wanting to book themselves for that amount of torture must be an idiot.

"But I don't care about these people's opinions."
Well I don't think too many fans care too much about the constant spin doctoring they hear. Judging by attendances this season plenty of people are well 'n' truly sick of groundhog day!

They better start considering the fans opinions because I know who the ultimate loser will be in this argument. The party seeking revenue!!

Fuddy

Juniors
Mr - some extra business nous would help. Other NRL Boards have some very heavy hitters on board - we have some around the supporters rank and need them involved.

ghoti

Bench
The support of Raper line reminds me of an old episode of Frontline back when that was doing the rounds on ABC.

Quote from the network administrator to his producer: "Mike Moore has this network's 100% support...right up to the day we sack him."

Good to see the mass media latching onto the unrest. Has the NRL got any power to launch an inquiry into the runnings of the club? Whether it's poor as most of the people I talk to say, or is running fairly as Greg Pierce says, I think it's important that we find out the truth.

MightySharks

Bench
ghoti said:
Has the NRL got any power to launch an inquiry into the runnings of the club? Whether it's poor as most of the people I talk to say, or is running fairly as Greg Pierce says, I think it's important that we find out the truth.

Fair Dinkum mate is this a gee up? The board has just got a development passed and 9.6million grant for the ground. I don't think the NRL will be launching an inquiry.

Whether or not they can win us some footy games is a dfferent story.

Fuddy

Juniors
Whilst great and deserved news Mighty I don't know how much credit the board can take - maybe it's a sweetener for the folk in the Shire to vote Liberal at the State elections next year.

It must have some political gain or they wouldn't be doing it.

wittyfan

Referee
Fuddy said:
Whilst great and deserved news Mighty I don't know how much credit the board can take - maybe it's a sweetener for the folk in the Shire to vote Liberal at the State elections next year.

It must have some political gain or they wouldn't be doing it.

The Liberals must wins seats such as Miranda and Menai if they are any hope next year.

But I'd like to think it's not politically motivated and was due to the deeds of Bazza and co.. :? :lol:

PJ

First Grade
Just demonstrates how out of touch bazza is. Baz you have no creditbility. You sacked Anderson. You eventually paid out an 'undisclosed sum' to settle with him over his unfair dismissial claim. Did you seek legal advice prior to the sacking? You have presided over one disastrous year after another. This year looks like going the same way. And lets not forget the appointment of your son as ceo. You proudly told us you stepped out of the boardroom while the vote was taken thinking we would believe he got the gig on his merits. Why wasn't the job advertised? You treat us like dopes baz and expect our undying loyalty. You have to go.

THinking the same thing Gunna.

THe people who were most out to get Ando was the Board. The person telling us the club was in the right and it wouldn't cost us was the one in charge.

I don't remember anyone really calling for the appointment of Raper.

Many fans have been critical of the appointment of Greg Pierce and labelled it nepotism. I believe that Greg Pierce has a very smart football brain and has proven himself a loyal and hardworking administrator. I don't have any real issues with his appointment - we need to give him time.

Fuddy that may well be the case, it is the process that was handled badly. There shoulod ahve been as vigorous a search as possible and as transparent as possible approach to the appointment so everyone could see that it was above board. As it is it smacks of nepotism and Barry's "I was out of the room so I didn't influence the vote" was as paltry and pathetic a line as I have heard and shows what he thinks of the Sharks fans intelligence. Who else were they going to vote for Barry? Did they know who you wanted voted in? They are pretty much hand selected board members aren't they, after all we saw what happened to Dane Sorenson when he was dropped from the ticket.

Calling Sharks fans fickle I think is astounding!

The Cronulla Sutherland Football Club have 40years of no results.

There lucky to still have a supporter base!

Fuddy

Juniors
PJ said:
THinking the same thing Gunna.

THe people who were most out to get Ando was the Board. The person telling us the club was in the right and it wouldn't cost us was the one in charge.

I don't remember anyone really calling for the appointment of Raper.

Fuddy that may well be the case, it is the process that was handled badly. There shoulod ahve been as vigorous a search as possible and as transparent as possible approach to the appointment so everyone could see that it was above board. As it is it smacks of nepotism and Barry's "I was out of the room so I didn't influence the vote" was as paltry and pathetic a line as I have heard and shows what he thinks of the Sharks fans intelligence. Who else were they going to vote for Barry? Did they know who you wanted voted in? They are pretty much hand selected board members aren't they, after all we saw what happened toi Dabe Sorenson when he was dropped from your ticket.

Agree that the process was flawed - fair point.

Agree on the hand selection - assume you mean that Sorenson was dropped from Barry's ticket and that they are his board members and not mine - I deny any involvement in the board of this club.

Inferno

Coach
newman said:
Calling us idiots?

Unbelievable.

Exactly right Newman.

and people wonder why I have no desire to become a member.

Why are we being called idiots, because we have a different opinion to Raper?

FFS, these people don't seem to handle opposition very well, probably explains why we are going so sh*t on the field as well.

PJ

First Grade
Agree on the hand selection - assume you mean that Sorenson was dropped from Barry's ticket and that they are his board members and not mine - I deny any involvement in the board of this club.

Not meant to mean that, just wrote it wrong. I'll edit it and the spelling of Dane's name.

PJ

First Grade
FFS, these people don't seem to handle opposition very well, probably explains why we are going so sh*t on the field as well.

Not used to it. It's what happens when you surround yourself with backslappers.

Major reason why they were p!ssed at Ando's results, which were better than Rapers, but happy with Raper.

May be starting to get restless know though when they realise we would rather wins on the field than making sure they get a seat on the bus.

Fuddy

Juniors
No probs at all - and agree on your comments re appointment of Stuart Raper - the board appointed a coach and then sacked him and had to pay him out and then apopointed another one.

Are we getting a headache and following - what's the common denominator

The Nulla #2

Bench
i thought u would be the one calling reefy??

Or frenzy?

Surely you must have spent yesterday emailling at the very least!

Latest posts