What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News article - Vicious Emails

The Shire

Juniors
"I can't allow this to distract me and I won't listen to these idiots.

Distract you from what ?!!

"Whenever you are doing it tough, fans jump on the bandwagon.

It would be nice to win to a few games. OR A PREMIERSHIP!!!

"Just like when you are doing well, they want to pat you on the back

He has never really experienced going well. (ESL doesnt count)

"I don't take heed of anyone who makes statements and can't come up with any answers.

Look at the forums you clown.

"I'm sure other clubs at the moment are also going through this," he said.

the eels are and well where is Brian Smith heading next year.

"But I don't care about these people's opinions."

These people are the hardcore fans, if you cant listen to them who can you listen to.

Pierce said the fans should start supporting Raper.
"All they are saying is sack the coach, sack the board," Pierce said.
"They are probably the same people who two years ago said we should sack Chris Anderson and employ Stuart Raper."

who said we should employ raper.

i really hope i am wrong about raper and he can turn it around.

Fuddy

Juniors
Aries said:
I'd say we would have to account for every cent of it, to the government, like ALL grants... So, I'm fairly confident it will be spent on what it was intened to be spent on!

Usually, when a grant is given, they also like to take a part in those desisions...

Agreed and understood - but more thinking out aloud - we don't have the best financial track record - hardly triple a

Aries

Bench
Fuddy said:
Agreed and understood - but more thinking out aloud - we don't have the best financial track record - hardly triple a

Geez Fuddy, you better learn to stop hitting the keys when "thinking out aloud"

You might say dumb things, like me, all the time :lol:

Aries

Bench
btw reefy...

Am I the only one that fears the thought of "Abbott and Costello" running the country :?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
why would you fear anything from the economic genius that is Peter Costello?

Walk around your house & your yard & have look at everything you have.

then thank ppete.

BTW pete, I have a small tax issue i'd like to discuss with you.

Surely

Post Whore
Aries said:
btw reefy...

Am I the only one that fears the thought of "Abbott and Costello" running the country :?

Country is in great shape, Beazley should be able to f**k it all up in 3 years though.

Aries

Bench
Bit slow ppl...

have a long think about it....

"Abbott and Costello" that team ring any bells, DING, DING, DING,

Surely

Post Whore
Aries said:
Bit slow ppl...

have a long think about it....

"Abbott and Costello" that team ring any bells, DING, DING, DING,

Yeah, they'd still do a better job than Beazley :)

!fullback!

Juniors
Surely said:
Country is in great shape, Beazley should be able to f**k it all up in 3 years though.

country in good shape? mate i have never forked out so much money on tax in my life. you wonder how they can manage the country well. they just jacked up the price of living

Aries

Bench
Surely said:
Yeah, they'd still do a better job than Beazley :)

agreed, I voted labour most my life, even though I was involved in a family business, at the time...

but they have nothing better to offer, and haven't had for a decade...

anyway, before this is hi-jacked into a political thread, I'll just point out I laid a bait for reefy... I didn't think he'd take it though, but I was wrong, I guess

13-0

*Kiss on snoz, released*

!fullback!

Juniors
The Shire said:
"I can't allow this to distract me and I won't listen to these idiots.

Distract you from what ?!!

"Whenever you are doing it tough, fans jump on the bandwagon.

It would be nice to win to a few games. OR A PREMIERSHIP!!!

"Just like when you are doing well, they want to pat you on the back

He has never really experienced going well. (ESL doesnt count)

"I don't take heed of anyone who makes statements and can't come up with any answers.

Look at the forums you clown.

"I'm sure other clubs at the moment are also going through this," he said.

the eels are and well where is Brian Smith heading next year.

"But I don't care about these people's opinions."

These people are the hardcore fans, if you cant listen to them who can you listen to.

Pierce said the fans should start supporting Raper.
"All they are saying is sack the coach, sack the board," Pierce said.
"They are probably the same people who two years ago said we should sack Chris Anderson and employ Stuart Raper."

who said we should employ raper.

i really hope i am wrong about raper and he can turn it around.

please email this to bazza pierce and raper

PJ

First Grade
PJ I dont care what previous admins did or didnt do.
This admin has made mistakes & is probably still making them & I wouldnt be surprised if soon we start hearing about the affiliated businesses that will make good money out of the redevelopment. Businesses like law firms, construction companies, tile shops, earth works etc.
Some times motivation that may not be so above board is needed to drive these things. Fact of life.
But if its a win win situation, then really I couldnt be stuffed about jealousy interfering with the end result.
I firmly believe the wait has been good. A positive thing.
Now we have 10 million in the kick.
We have the countries future commander as our number 2 ticket holder!!
I couldnt give a rats how many games he has seen or not seen.
I will even go to church with him!!!!

reefy you made a post highlighting, or it sounded to me like highlighting, the acheivements of our current board.

I'm merely pointing out I don't think that these are achievements attributable to our current board, and if they are then they are cerainly not the only ones who can take credit.

PJ

First Grade

You are the one being paid a large amount of money, you come up with one. Just one to start with would be nice.

And whilst I still fork out money to watch my team and be part of my club, part of which ends up in your pocket, I'll make my statements. Th fact that the team is performing poorly and you proudly boast of not listening is hardly comforting or surprising. I'm guessing some of the players you don't communicate with don't ahve answers, or at least answers you like or want to hear.

But anyway here are a couple of answers for you.
Simmons isn't a first grade fullback. Put someone there who will have a crack.
You need to learn to use your bench. Don't hold back the best attacking option until the game is over.
Albert is the quickest guy in the comp. Try and get him in space. Maybe tell him he can either start backing up the forwards for offloads and try to get involved or spend some time in PL learning how.
When you make your sword wavign threats that you will be weilding the axe, back it up. Axing a guy to make way for the return from injury of a star player doesn't count.
Learn the names of all the players in club. Better yet watch a few and see who has potential and what you can do to help them reach that potential.
Best answer though, step aside and give us a chance. I read with interest that you will be doing your best, as you have been doing, personally I appreciate you are trying but don't believe you are up to it. As Dirty Harry says a man's got to know his limitations.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The Nulla #2 said:
i thought u would be the one calling reefy??

Or frenzy?

Surely you must have spent yesterday emailling at the very least!

Incorrect and a very poor judgement call. I have neither emailed them nor called. Don't have to as everyone down there knows who I am anyway. My transparency is on here day in and day out.

In a conversation in MSN with another poster from here 2 nights ago I actually said I may email the club but not till well and truly after all the knee jerking was over. Unlike most here I rarely if ever respond with a knee jerk reaction.

Onto the topic

Rapers reactions are EXACTLY how I would expect him to react. The arrogance, venom and downright abrasivness is exactly why this poster did not want him as coach. It's how he has always been and there is enough evidence to show that's how he still is. With his players and now with his fans.

He is pigheaded, inflexible and incapable of introspective thinking. He won't change and listen to advice or common sense until the bloody great "Johnny Raper's son" chip tumbles down off his shoulder. Should never of been hired.

If he thinks calling fans idiots will endear him to us or relieve the pressure then it further proves my beliefs and confirms the total lack of insight he suffers from.

The fans built the club. The members own the club as far as I am concerned. We have more right to being heard than these clowns want us to believe.

Aries

Bench
PJ said:
When you make your sword wavign threats that you will be weilding the axe, back it up.

"Off with their BLOODY heads"

a possible Subliminal post there, maybe[FONT=&quot]? :lol:[/FONT]

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Hi Guys,
My first post here, Ive been a LONG time lurker.
First I must say I have followed the sharkies since I was 3, 37 years ago...and Iam tired of waiting. I lived in the Sutherland shire for many years, went to every home game, until I moved to Qld. I regularly go to Brisbane for the sharkies game, but this year I dont intend to waste my time and money on a team which has no heart.
I applaude the actions of members of this forum over the past few days. But it cant stop with emails.
I dont know the constitution of the leagues club, but I do know that a small minority can call a EGM (Extraordinary General Meeting) and prior to the meeting table questions you want answered. From here you can vote for a "No confidence" in the board of directors and try and put a new board in.

I dont know if its possible, it will take hard work from the ordinary punters that spend their hard earned cash on merchandise, such as yourselves.

I personally purchase a jersey ever year, I splurged and bought the "Pride of the Sharks" with Sludges signature on it to remember the greatest shark ever. But Iam ashamed that this is the year the team plays for Sludge. Iam ashamed of the effort some of players are putting in, not all but most. We lost all our heart and passion when Peach and Nuts left.

If the team, management or coaching staff read these forums....
Hang your heads in shame at fouling a great name like Steve Rodgers, dont look a sharks fan in the eye because you dont deserve the money the club (and in reality the members and supporters) pay you and as far as respect goes..... you have to earn it from me.

Stuart Raper, me and my fellow supporters are "Idiots", only one thing to say... Sticks and stones......KISS MY FURRY WHITE ASS !!!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

Keep it up guys....

Aries

Bench
Welcome aboard...

If you have lurked for a long time, then you know it's just a forum...;-)

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Aries said:
Welcome aboard...

If you have lurked for a long time, then you know it's just a forum...;-)
'
fo·rum 1. a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

I didnt expect anyone to suddenly drop everything and go on a vendetta against the club, but these things must start somewhere.... why not an internet forum. Look what you guys have done so far.

Aries

Bench
Qld-Sharkie said:
'
fo·rum 1. a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

I didnt expect anyone to suddenly drop everything and go on a vendetta against the club, but these things must start somewhere.... why not an internet forum. Look what you guys have done so far.

someone sign this guy up for the "BLOCK VOTE"...

lots of dribblers here though, not TOO many experts...;-):lol:

Latest posts