What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEWSFLASH! - Bulldogs cleared

Woods

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
Woods said:
Phone taps on all players and still no evidence

So having said that, my question is, what the hell happened to the Bulldogs player who was caught out during the phone taps playing their part ( in a minor or major way ) in some kind of drug deal during these very same phone taps?!

Does everyone forget this part of it all?!

Remember how " police stumbled on the evidence during the phone taps"?

Or is there not enough evidence for that either? :roll:

I haven't forgotten it SJ

Last i read anything about it, the drugs squad had said it was so minor they'd referred it to local police to investigate.

If i remember correctly the comment was something along the lines of 'I've got it in my bag and i'm giving it to him later'. Could refer to anything really but i guess its another case of wait and see.

Sportsjock

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
It's a separate case and no doubt being dealt with...

When? How? By whom?

I am trying not to be cynical here, but if someone is caught in a phone tap in a drug deal of whatever description, what other damn evidence do they need? And if that is the case, how long is it going to take before SOMEONE , SOMEBODY takes responsibility and does something about this evidence?

Will it simply fizzle away in time like this other crap?!

Some Bulldogs fans seem to think that the entire thing was some conspiracy against them, yet from a neutral perspective from someone who loves the Bulldogs style of football and watching them play, there are many many questions that remain unanswered, and I certainly am not convinced other intangibles have come into play in this entire thing, whether that be botched up police work, or whatever else.

The way the player who was caught on the phone taps is dealt with, will explain to me personally just how credible the entire thing has been.

I am still trying to comprehend why a female would want to lie about accusations and put herself and her family through hell and back for the last 3 months in order to do this... I still don't get that. :? Can ANYBODY explain to me why that would even begin to occur?!?!?!?!?! :?

ibeme

First Grade
Sportsjock said:
hrundi99 said:

When? How? By whom?

I am trying not to be cynical here, but if someone is caught in a phone tap in a drug deal of whatever description, what other damn evidence do they need? And if that is the case, how long is it going to take before SOMEONE , SOMEBODY takes responsibility and does something about this evidence?

Will it simply fizzle away in time like this other crap?!

Some Bulldogs fans seem to think that the entire thing was some conspiracy against them, yet from a neutral perspective from someone who loves the Bulldogs style of football and watching them play, there are many many questions that remain unanswered, and I certainly am not convinced other intangibles have come into play in this entire thing, whether that be botched up police work, or whatever else.

The way the player who was caught on the phone taps is dealt with, will explain to me personally just how credible the entire thing has been.

I am still trying to comprehend why a female would want to lie about accusations and put herself and her family through hell and back for the last 3 months in order to do this... I still don't get that. :? Can ANYBODY explain to me why that would even begin to occur?!?!?!?!?! :?

The matter of the drugs was referred to the appropriate police department. It's up to them to deal with it. We don't know if the Bulldogs club is aware of who the player is.

IF the girl has lied, I have no idea why, but we do know that she wouldn't be the first to have done so, outside of football

Razor

Coach
[furrycat said:
]
that a jury would find them guilty BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. They have to be 100% sure... and the DPP simply doesn't believe the case would stand.

Reasonable doubt is 75% sure, not 100% sure.

It can still go to a civil trial right?

Yes to find against someone civilly you only have to be 50% sure, criminally it's 75% sure.

ibeme

First Grade
Razor said:
[furrycat said:
]
that a jury would find them guilty BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. They have to be 100% sure... and the DPP simply doesn't believe the case would stand.

Yes to find against someone civilly you only have to be 50% sure, criminally it's 75% sure.

What? That sounds like a load of crap. Firstly, how do you measure certainty. There isn't such a thing as a certainty metre. Second, 75% and 50% would see more convictions than you could poke a stick at.

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Rex said:
Bulldogs party ended in woman's screams by pool
Date: 25/02/2004
SMH

But she has told police that after they had been at the resort, six to eight of the Bulldogs players took her to the lower pool area. Here, she alleges, six of the players sexually assaulted her.

The victim, who is still so distraught that she has yet to fully complete her statement, says the assault was anal, oral and vaginal.

Hotel staff heard her screams for help and she was helped to the reception area and then put in a cloakroom for privacy.

(edit)

The woman, who was taken to Coffs Harbour hospital by ambulance on Sunday morning, has been discharged, suffering grazing, bruising and trauma.

Most of that is BS and has been discredited by other witnesses. The rest of it is probably made up by the SMH journo.

Im not a dogs fan so i think i have a neutral prespective on this. Something may have happened between this woman and dogs players at coffs but no one really knows what it was.

Here is what we do know..the allegations of rape have been thrown out the window because there is no evidence to build case against any player. Therefore nothing illegal happened. So what we have then is a situation where players may have broken the code of conduct by engaging in lewd or immortal behaviour. The NRL has said it will investigate this and if the code of conduct was broken then those players should be fined or suspended.

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
hrundi99 said:

Whos knows why. Only she would know. We can only speculate whether she is perhaps mentally troubled or was for some reason invidictive towards one or more of the dogs players.

Razor

Coach
ibeme said:
Razor said:
[furrycat said:
]

What? That sounds like a load of crap.

That's the case in QLD. Don't know about elsewhere, but it will be similar

Firstly, how do you measure certainty.

Easily. People often say "I'm 50% sure", or "90% sure", or anything else.

They have to have a cut-off point. You know it's certainly not 100% as people who have been convicted have been found innocent later on, so if they don't have a guideline on how sure you have to be to find someone guilty how is the jury supposed to know?

Second, 75% and 50% would see more convictions than you could poke a stick at.

No you won't. You'll find most not guilty verdicts in court cases come from pretty solid evidence showing he is innocent, or unreliable prosecution witnesses.

Rexxy

Coach
Canterbury said:
Rex said:
SMH

She left the Plantation with one player in the early hours and they went back to the Bulldogs' accommodation at the Novotel Pacific Bay resort. But she has told police that after they had been at the resort, six to eight of the Bulldogs players took her to the lower pool area. Here, she alleges, six of the players sexually assaulted her.

The victim, who is still so distraught that she has yet to fully complete her statement, says the assault was anal, oral and vaginal.

Hotel staff heard her screams for help and she was helped to the reception area and then put in a cloakroom for privacy.

(edit)

The woman, who was taken to Coffs Harbour hospital by ambulance on Sunday morning, has been discharged, suffering grazing, bruising and trauma.

Under the code, players are not supposed to bring outsiders back to the team hotel.

Thats nice.

If the smh printed you were a raging homosexual tommorrow would you live by that?

:-# :-# :-#

Canterbury

Juniors
Rex said:
Canterbury said:
Rex said:
SMH

She left the Plantation with one player in the early hours and they went back to the Bulldogs' accommodation at the Novotel Pacific Bay resort. But she has told police that after they had been at the resort, six to eight of the Bulldogs players took her to the lower pool area. Here, she alleges, six of the players sexually assaulted her.

(edit)

Under the code, players are not supposed to bring outsiders back to the team hotel.

Thats nice.

If the smh printed you were a raging homosexual tommorrow would you live by that?

:-# :-# :-#

?

Ren

Juniors
My best friend once told me she'd been raped by a guy she worked with. We talked for ages, and I tried to get her to go to the police. She refused and it was all so and so. I go to her work a week later to pick her up, and she's sitting on this guy's lap, hugging him and kisssing him. When I confronted her about it, she said that he hadn't raped her, she'd just regretted sleeping with her. It does happen.

A possible explanation for why the woman would lie about this, is that once the allegations had been made, and everything had started, she was too scared to turn around and say "It didn't happen". The report was read out on national radio two days after it happened, and quickly became a HUGE story. For her to back out after that, would cause hugh embarrasment and a lot of recrimination from her family.

The worst thing about this, is woman are going to be discourged from going to the police. Not because charges weren't laid, but because they're afraid they won't be believed because of women like this who lie.

gaterooze

Bench
Rex, you tool, that SMH article was already contradicted by other (less sensationalist) newspaper reports which stated the woman was found sitting in the hotel driveway sobbing, fully clothed.

Unfortunately you've been brainwashed by the media into believing there was even group sex -- THAT HAS NOT BEEN PROVED TO BE THE CASE.

This is a very important concept -- the evidence, witnesses, and players' statements (not to mention their DNA), suggests there was NO GROUP SEX at all.

All along, they said ONE player had consensual sex with a woman, and the evidence, DNA and witnesses have backed that up.

So what exactly have the Bulldogs done that is so terrible?

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Kaz said:
Not correct.

There is not enough evidence to charge them.

i believe it was....

couldnt identify the players whom she claims to have have been assualted by...

witness statements contradicting her statement including the time of events

DNA tests did not link the woman to any player

and the womans credibitly was questioned..

i think thats your major avenues for a case if they arent good enough then"NO CASE!!!" not to mention that a "mysterious woman" happens to attempt tp blackmail the club when news comes out that charges were unlikely...

melon....

Coach
Unfortunately, this looked like it was going to be dropped from day 1. Cover up after cover up by the crooked Bulldog management. Reality is this folks. Without saying too much, its WHO YOU KNOW, and there's some big muscle involved here, that got the Dogs off the hook.

Sad..but for the young players on this forum...thats how the world works. So when you graduate from uni with honors, get into this frame of mind if you want to survive. ITS WHO YOU KNOW...not WHAT you know.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
melon.... said:
Unfortunately, this looked like it was going to be dropped from day 1. Cover up after cover up by the crooked Bulldog management. Reality is this folks. Without saying too much, its WHO YOU KNOW, and there's some big muscle involved here, that got the Dogs off the hook.

Sad..but for the young players on this forum...thats how the world works. So when you graduate from uni with honors, get into this frame of mind if you want to survive. ITS WHO YOU KNOW...not WHAT you know.

Yes it sucks doesn't it.. I have been fighting this fight for a while now.

At least you confirmed my suspicions, Your not as Stupid as you carry on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sportsjock

Juniors
melon.... said:

100% spot on.

Was there ever any real doubt that there would be NO charges?!

What a waste of valuable police time really...

And lets not kid ourselves, how many criminals are out there roaming the streets today because they can't be proven guilty?! Alot.

Probably quite a few more than the many INNOCENT people behind bars.

JoeD

First Grade
Legal action considered after police investigation

One of the Bulldogs rugby league players is considering taking legal action against a New Zealand media outlet, over the story about an alleged pack rape.

A 20-year-old woman claimed six Bulldogs players raped her at a Coffs Harbour hotel.

New South Wales police now say they will not lay charges, because insufficient evidence means there would be no chance of a successful prosecution.

The Bulldogs league club and players believe they've been vindicated, and the manager of one of the Bulldogs' players says his client is ready to commence legal action over an article published in New Zealand at the height of the scandal.

He says they have been waiting for the correct decision to come through.

New club CEO Malcolm Noad says the club is incredibly relieved to hear the news

He says it should be seen as a true vindication, as the police have mounted an incredibly extensive investigation over the last two months.

Noad says he and his board will also examine whether any players breached the club's code of conduct.

However, the NRL intends to launch its own investigation into player conduct.

NRL boss David Gallop says the sport's governing body must now ensure the sport's attitude to women changes.

melon....

Coach
Stgillaman said:
melon.... said:

Never...Never...make the mistake of comparing my intelligence/knowledge/contacts with anything you come up with. Never make that mistake again.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
melon.... said:

100% spot on.

Was there ever any real doubt that there would be NO charges?!

What a waste of valuable police time really...

And lets not kid ourselves, how many criminals are out there roaming the streets today because they can't be proven guilty?! Alot.

Lets not kid ourselves, the Dogs got caught out in a situation, and they are by no means the only guilty party.
This has been going on for a very long time, in football, in other codes, and in life in general.

As melon said, It's who you know.

But to get stuck into the bulldogs only is criminal and unjustified. We don't know what occured, maybe we never will. But they are far from alone.

Sharks 2001, Dogs 2002, Dogs 2003. Storm 2004, StKilda 2004, Leicester 2004, Kobe bryant, I could go on and on.

See the pattern ??

Probably quite a few more than the many INNOCENT people behind bars

TRANSLATION

Juniors
melon.... said:
Stgillaman said:
melon.... said:

Never...Never...make the mistake of comparing my intelligence/knowledge/contacts with anything you come up with. Never make that mistake again.

Intelligence ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knowledge ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

melon and those 2, Never the twain shall meet.

:idea: