What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newton to England????

Gene Krupa

Referee
Johns Magic said:
He wasn't happy at the club, and the club didn't want him.

He left because it was best for both parties.

Bull crap! The club wanted him for the rest of the year. If they didn't, they would have been the ones releasing him.

He left because it serve his best interests and was the best for him! That's "bleeding" red and blue! :roll:

eagle rock

Juniors
after the flogging u blokes copped, I'd say there's a lot more going on than one pissed off player. Good 'ol Smiddy...he knows how to f@ck a club up.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Bull crap! The club wanted him for the rest of the year. If they didn't, they would have been the ones releasing him.

He left because it serve his best interests and was the best for him! That's "bleeding" red and blue! :roll:

If the club really wanted him for the rest of the year they wouldn't have released him.

I'm sure Newton did bleed red and blue until the club turned their back on him.

Alex28

Coach
Not really that different. The Bulldogs essentially told him that SBW was part of the clubs future and he would be for an amount that was well below what his market value is. That is essentially saying he is not part of the clubs future. O'Meley is aiming towards finishing out the year with the club.

Newton was supposedly told that he was not part of the Knights plans for 2008. He thought about it a bit, saw out his 100th game with the club and walked out the next day.

Similar situation, however one player is much smarter than the other...

Gene Krupa

Referee
eagle rock said:
after the flogging u blokes copped, I'd say there's a lot more going on than one pissed off player. Good 'ol Smiddy...he knows how to f@ck a club up.

P!ss off you f**king c0ckhead. Go cry about losing 2 grandfinals in 3 years!

Gene Krupa

Referee
Johns Magic said:
If the club really wanted him for the rest of the year they wouldn't have released him.

You can justify his dummy spit all you want. The club didn't turn their back on him. So we should keep every under performing player because they WANT to play for us? Seriously JM, you usually make sense but your love of Newton is clouding your judgement. He's the one who called it quits, not Smith, not the Knights. He's the one who wanted to walk away from his mates. He's the one who put his own self interests first! No one came up to him and said, Clint, we're letting you go as of now. The Knights were given no option. Why would they WANT to keep a person who only thinks of themselves around? Atleast we know for sure his heart was never in the game on Sunday. Just wanted 100 games. What a team player! :roll:

Gene Krupa

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Yes it is.

The Bulldogs wanted to keep O'Meley.

Newton was pushed.

No he wasn't. The Bulldogs told him they couldn't keep him and Sonny Bill and Mason. They withdrew their offer.

And if you think Newton was pushed, there's no hope for you! If he was so unhappy, why didn't he quit 2 weeks ago?

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
No he wasn't. The Bulldogs told him they couldn't keep him and Sonny Bill and Mason. They withdrew their offer.

And if you think Newton was pushed, there's no hope for you! If he was so unhappy, why didn't he quit 2 weeks ago?

The only reason the Bulldogs didn't re-sign O'Meley was because they couldn't afford him. Otherwise he would still be at Canterbury next season.

The Knights had upwards $1.5 million to spend and they told Newton they didn't want him anymore.

Totally different, and you know it.

Alex28

Coach
Johns Magic said:

Once Newton made it clear HE didn't want to play for the club it made his position untenable. He had a position with the club for 2007 - he was the one who walked out on us.

Don't blame Smith. Don't blame the club. Don't blame any one but Clint for this.

"Bleeding Red and Blue" would have been seeing out the year after everything he has been through with the club with dignity and getting the farewell at the last home game that he deserved. He wont get it, nor does he deserve it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
You can justify his dummy spit all you want. The club didn't turn their back on him. So we should keep every under performing player because they WANT to play for us? Seriously JM, you usually make sense but your love of Newton is clouding your judgement. He's the one who called it quits, not Smith, not the Knights. He's the one who wanted to walk away from his mates. He's the one who put his own self interests first! No one came up to him and said, Clint, we're letting you go as of now. The Knights were given no option. Why would they WANT to keep a person who only thinks of themselves around? Atleast we know for sure his heart was never in the game on Sunday. Just wanted 100 games. What a team player! :roll:

Stop pretending you know exactly what happened, because the fact is you don't.

The Knights and Smith told him to leave. It was reported in the media.

How did the Knights have "no option"? They could've easily re-signed him. They had all the options in the world.

Do you know Clint personally? How the hell would you know if he only thought of himself?

Our team is completely different that what it was. Thaiday, Carmont, Quinn, Gidley, Carney, Johns, Smith, Lowrie, Quigley...all his "mates" gone in the space of an off-season.

The coaching staff clearly hold a low opinion of him. He wasn't enjoying his footy.

How do you know that Newton didn't leave because he didn't want to let down his team mates by playing on when his heart wasn't in it? How do you know that he wasn't desperate to bring up 100 games because he loves the club so much?

Personal happiness is more important than football Gene.

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:
Once Newton made it clear HE didn't want to play for the club it made his position untenable. He had a position with the club for 2007 - he was the one who walked out on us.

Don't blame Smith. Don't blame the club. Don't blame any one but Clint for this.

"Bleeding Red and Blue" would have been seeing out the year after everything he has been through with the club with dignity and getting the farewell at the last home game that he deserved. He wont get it, nor does he deserve it.

Never did I say "bleeding". Don't put words in my mouth.

Yosh

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Stop pretending you know exactly what happened, because the fact is you don't.

The Knights and Smith told him to leave. It was reported in the media.

How did the Knights have "no option"? They could've easily re-signed him. They had all the options in the world.

Do you know Clint personally? How the hell would you know if he only thought of himself?

Our team is completely different that what it was. Thaiday, Carmont, Quinn, Gidley, Carney, Johns, Smith, Lowrie, Quigley...all his "mates" gone in the space of an off-season.

The coaching staff clearly hold a low opinion of him. He wasn't enjoying his footy.

How do you know that Newton didn't leave because he didn't want to let down his team mates by playing on when his heart wasn't in it? How do you know that he wasn't desperate to bring up 100 games because he loves the club so much?

Personal happiness is more important than football Gene.

I totally agree.

Newton was a good player for us, and he had his great moments. Its sad to see him leave in a week that so much negative things have happened. I wish him all the best and maybe one day later down the track he might finish his career up at the Knights and forever be remembered as a club man, we never know.

However, if his leaving means that it contributes us getting an even better player, I'll probalby feel no regrets.

Whats Doing

Bench
I had a lot of respect for Newton but the man has no honour.

1. He has a contract to fulfil for this year but doesn't fulfil his contractual obligations.

2. He knew 2 weeks before yesterday's debacle he wanted out but chose to keep it a secret to get his 100 games. Why didn't he ask for a release then but instead he kept playing without 100% commitment to himself, his team matemates and the club.

3. He made his announcment the day after the darkest day in the club's history.

Good on you Newton, fa4k your team mates and look after yourself.

My opinion of of you has gone down to zero.

Let the club clean out begin.

RABK

Referee
Pika said:
I am sorry to see him go.

His training ethic in the gym was second to none. Had some great lifting preseason.

My source was right about Newton aye.

Newton is part of the peaheart culture that we need out of this club, i can understand the love for him based on his late 2005 form but based on his 01-mid 05 and 06-07 form he is no better then Perry. Absolute deadwood playing well below potential.

Good riddance. And please by all means any other peahearts, and there is a few, in the club that might be feeling the same as Clint quickly follow suit and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Bicey_18

Bench
Well apparently Perry and Woolnough are likely to leave next year with offers from Manly and Penrith respectively. Perry im not fussed bout leaving but Wooly? mmm I really hope we spend the money wisely and not have holes left like this year when players left last year

Latest posts