What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 5 games (17 - 21)

King Ben

Juniors
I think the games against Manly and Souths are going to be more of a barometer than this week against Penrith. I also have us finishing 2nd and making the grand final so who knows

🤷

bluefox68

Staff member
If we can beat Manly twice in a season, then we can do ANYTHING!!!!

FLUFF-METER OVERLOAD!!!!!

Just stick my head in to wish you well for this week.

I don’t watch all the games anymore but still keep up with most. It looked like the sharks (after a fast start to the season) lost their way for a few weeks. But are really flying now. Any reasons why they have come back strong?

Also really like your hooker; see him being SOO in a few years.

Best of luck and hopefully no injuries either way.

Just stick my head in to wish you well for this week.

I don’t watch all the games anymore but still keep up with most. It looked like the sharks (after a fast start to the season) lost their way for a few weeks. But are really flying now. Any reasons why they have come back strong?

Also really like your hooker; see him being SOO in a few years.

Best of luck and hopefully no injuries either way.
Thanks, and it's always cool when the cousin teams play.
No one really knows why they 'lost their way' but a theory is that they were purposely being over worked during that time in preparation for these 4 weeks of games in a row, Storm, Cows, Panthers, South's, then hopefully a good run at the Finals.
Looking forward to this Saturday.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just been doing the ladder predictor thing. 30 points gets you a spot in the 8 this year. 28 points might jag you 8th spot. Heaps of teams play each other in the top 10 last 6 rounds. Which means no matter what, the teams below 10th are already done regardless. Sharks and Cowboys have the easiest run by far the rest play 5 games within that group.

Not sure how that effects our semi preparations, will the other teams be battle hardened or fatigued ? Interesting finish coming up and plenty of cracking games ahead.

Just been doing the ladder predictor thing. 30 points gets you a spot in the 8 this year. 28 points might jag you 8th spot. Heaps of teams play each other in the top 10 last 6 rounds. Which means no matter what, the teams below 10th are already done regardless. Sharks and Cowboys have the easiest run by far the rest play 5 games within that group.

Not sure how that effects our semi preparations, will the other teams be battle hardened or fatigued ? Interesting finish coming up and plenty of cracking games ahead.
I would hope that our prep until the regular season ends is based around defence, and getting it as right as can be.
Our attack has been good thus far, though I think there is a good deal of room for improvement, especially against the better sides.
Against the lower placed teams, in the final part of the season, I'd be hoping that the team goes for "shutouts", or at least to the bare minimum against.
If our defence is right that gives us a much greater chance to progress.

I would hope that our prep until the regular season ends is based around defence, and getting it as right as can be.
Our attack has been good thus far, though I think there is a good deal of room for improvement, especially against the better sides.
Against the lower placed teams, in the final part of the season, I'd be hoping that the team goes for "shutouts", or at least to the bare minimum against.
If our defence is right that gives us a much greater chance to progress.
The key is lock in that top 4 early as possible.
Fitz will be driving on defence.
The benefit will be in last couple games regular season any player with a niggle you can rest, that is massive when come to finals.
If you trying to scramble into finals all hands on deck players who are injured getting played, then get found out in the finals

Marchad

Juniors
Maybe. Qld government rules are. That's not allowing for the secret NRL/Qld Govt "special rules" that allowed the comp to proceed last year.

Requirements for ending isolation​

On day 7 of your isolation, you must not have any of the following symptoms:
  • fever
  • sore throat
  • runny nose
  • cough that is bad or getting worse.
If you do have any of these symptoms on day 7 of your isolation, you must remain in isolation until those symptoms have gone away.
If that is the case o should’ve been out of isolation after day 2.

bluefox68

Staff member
I know I’m jumping the gun, but I didn’t want to start a new thread..

I just noticed that 4 of our last 6 games are on the 5:30 pm Saturday time slot.

There is another one at 7:30 Saturday, and then the last game is at 2 pm Sunday….

3 home games and 3 away games.

All of the teams are below us on the ladder.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Melbourne (won)
North QLD A (won)
Penrith A (lost)
South Sydney (Won)
St George

Overachieving block so far. Giving ourselves ever shot to stay in the 4 now, fantastic 2 points tonight.
I wouldn’t say over achieving. We did very well but don’t think we overachieved.

I was thinking 2 out of the 4 we’d win, we got 3 so we did great. Storm was the game I was thinking we’d lose.
Huge win with no Dale tonight

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I wouldn’t say over achieving. We did very well but don’t think we overachieved.

I was thinking 2 out of the 4 we’d win, we got 3 so we did great. Storm was the game I was thinking we’d lose.
Huge win with no Dale tonight
So if we got 3/4 we overachieved your expectation then?

Latest posts