What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Captain

TheRev

Coach
Out of the current squad....I would give it to Mick Weyman.
Im not convinced Weyman will be around for long enough to be a captain, plus hes off the field for a big chunk of the game.

Creagh/Soward/Flo/Morris are the only possibles in the current squad, hopefully in a few years we will see some of the next generation of Dragons will prove themselves and a more natural leader will come through.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Soward. I think it will make him an even better player.
Not many other choices when you think about it.
I guess creagh but that would only be because he's one of the long standing players. I don't think he's captain material.

possm

Coach
From the current crop Soward is the only long term choice. But first he needs to get his own game in order. Run to the line Soward and then sometimes run through the line ....

Mr Red

First Grade
anyone who thinks Soward has the leaderhsip skills and mental toughness to be a captain is kidding themselves...
he is flat out getting his on game in order week in week out, dont make him responsbile for another 16 people...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
anyone who thinks Soward has the leaderhsip skills and mental toughness to be a captain is kidding themselves...
he is flat out getting his on game in order week in week out, dont make him responsbile for another 16 people...

Soward has been one of our most consistent players for the last 3 years. Only people who are too consumed with the expectation that he needs to run the ball constantly cannot see it.

He is always a 7 or 8 out of ten. His numbers are always consistent.

I don't think he should be captain btw. But it's a flat out lie to say he struggles to get his game in order week in, week out.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Soward has been one of our most consistent players for the last 3 years. Only people who are too consumed with the expectation that he needs to run the ball constantly cannot see it.

He is always a 7 or 8 out of ten. His numbers are always consistent.

I don't think he should be captain btw. But it's a flat out lie to say he struggles to get his game in order week in, week out.

How's it a lie? It's his opinion on Soward he's entitled to it. He does need to lift his game in some aspects in others he's already great and very consistent. (ie Needs to run the line, while his defense, kicking.etc have been great week in week out, except for the case when he's had a few shockers of a game.

Im not convinced Weyman will be around for long enough to be a captain, plus hes off the field for a big chunk of the game.

Creagh/Soward/Flo/Morris are the only possibles in the current squad, hopefully in a few years we will see some of the next generation of Dragons will prove themselves and a more natural leader will come through.

100% agree with this. :clap:
Has got to be someone who's on the field for the full 80.
That therefore excludes most of the pack, apart from maybe Creagh.
In the backs the senior players are Soward, BMoz, Coops and Flo.
Even if King stays and develops leadership he may still be rotating with Rein in the hooker role in the short term.

Bring back choc

Juniors

You're kidding Mr Red... Soward has been one of our best mate. Mature, controlled performances. We'd be 1 from 6 without him.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Creagh is not a big talker but he may well consider that it's not his role to speak out during games.
He does lead by example however in both attack and defence and is a our only consistent 80 minute performer in the forwards year in year out.
From what I have gleaned of Jamie Soward's character I don't think that he has the psychological disposition to lead at this time in his career. Self-doubt is still a very significant factor (IMO) in his performance and this doesn't bode well from a leader who needs to be honest but optimistic and inspirational.

TheRev

Coach
Creagh is not a big talker but he may well consider that it's not his role to speak out during games.
He does lead by example however in both attack and defence and is a our only consistent 80 minute performer in the forwards year in year out.
From what I have gleaned of Jamie Soward's character I don't think that he has the psychological disposition to lead at this time in his career. Self-doubt is still a very significant factor (IMO) in his performance and this doesn't bode well from a leader who needs to be honest but optimistic and inspirational.

I agree that we dont have any stand-out candidates, but someone has to do it.. Soward has matured greatly in 2012, if he wants it thats fine, but I really want him focussing on executing his own game, our success is completely dependent on him doing his job.

Id pick Creagh probably, he can lead by example and he seems to speak quite well... Flo/Morris are the next guys in line if Creagh really isnt up for it, but I have no idea what their personalities are like.

STG 002

First Grade
who is our best player that plays at the highest level every week and has never ever let us down. nightingale !!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
How's it a lie? It's his opinion on Soward he's entitled to it. He does need to lift his game in some aspects in others he's already great and very consistent. (ie Needs to run the line, while his defense, kicking.etc have been great week in week out, except for the case when he's had a few shockers of a game.
Whether he's short in some aspects of his game or not is irrelevant. His performances are consistent week to week. I could say the sky is purple and grass is red, that could be my 'opinion', doesn't change the fact that it's a lie and wrong.

Latest posts