What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next club to break Premiership drought

Which of these teams will win a premiership first ?

• Total voters

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Does the Storm count ?

Their last (legal) premiership was in 1999, and I think that with most of their big guns still there next year and with their u20's premiers from 2009 starting to come through, they will giive the 2011 title a real good shot.

Pigskin

Juniors
we Broncos haven't won since 2006 which is a drought for us ... so we are due (no smirk - fact!)

simply a superior roster for 2011 ... only a crippling injury toll or proof once and for all that Henjak can't coach will stop us

Oink !

manly40gimps0

Juniors
we Broncos haven't won since 2006 which is a drought for us ... so we are due (no smirk - fact!)

simply a superior roster for 2011 ... only a crippling injury toll or proof once and for all that Henjak can't coach will stop us

Oink !
or schubert

Loudstrat

Coach
Penrith and Newcastle fans - congratulations - there is no drought where you are.

Seriously it has to be us - now that we have gotten rid of Mr Mediocre - Fitzgerald, and the new board are making the tough, unpopular decisions. Geez we are a strong and well resourced club that should have won at least 6 comps by now.

But who knows? The wight of history is really on Souths and Cronulla, but Saints beat that wretched dog last night. Anyone could - but if it aint the Eels I'd damn well hope it's the Bears!

Slackboy72

Coach
The rabbits have too much money and desire not to jag something soon. I just suspect that the dearth of september experience at the club will stop when they do make it to the pointy end of the season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Why feel sorry for the Warriors ? If they didn't spend the mega bucks to lure Feleti Mateo and Kris Inu from Parramatta, they would have been able to keep most of the kids.

Money wasn't the issue, the Warriors will be well under the cap next season even with Mateo/Inu.

Since the NYC started, the Warriors have worked hard to develop players and in their 2011 squad they will have these NYC graduates on their books.

Locke, Packer, Matulino, John, Johnson, Penehe, Tupou, Mara, Poching, Gavet, Louisi, Robinson, Fish, Taylor, and Steve Rapira (via Cowboys).

Can't blame young kids for looking elsewhere for an opportunity. Seluini is the one that bothers me a bit, the rest are good players but not overly concerned they're leaving.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Just to recap, those droughts:

Gold Coast Titans - 4 years (23 if you count previous incarnations)
NZ Warriors & NQ Cowboys - 16 years
Canberra Raiders - 17 years
Parramatta Eels - 25 years
South Sydney Rabbitohs - 40 years
Cronulla Sharks - 44 years

Its really nice to be off that list.

What a surreal experience the past 24 hours have been. I'd wish for any half decent bastard to experience it.

Noa

First Grade
The Storm have gone a whole year since we won one, I think we're due n 2011

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If its in the next three years I think it will be the warriors or titans although they'll have to get over the top of the dragons, broncos, tigers and roosters to do it. Its almost impossible (for me) to predict beyond that. I think the warriors will win one before 2020, am hoping the raiders will to.