What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next club to break Premiership drought

Which of these teams will win a premiership first ?

• Total voters

woodyk2

First Grade
Souffs and Cronulla should show cause as to why they are not replaced....or just booted.

M2D2

Bench
Souffs and Cronulla should show cause as to why they are not replaced....or just booted.
As much as we lol at souths.
They will never get booted. Ever.

But as far as your point goes.
Youre obviously a manly troll with no knowledge of sports in general.
Cubs havent won since 1908. They wont get punted because of it.

timka4

Bench
Been almost 10 years for Newcastle, hopefully it doesn't break 15 years because that's when things become desperate.

Pretty sure Souffs have been booted before

Loudstrat

Coach
Honestly - who knows? NZ are the best placed club to do so given the experienced gained from yesterday and their boom crop of juniors. Their GF halves are so young too. Parra also have recent GF experience, and a coach with probably the best potential to get them to win one since Monie.

NQ and Gold Coast can get close soo too. Canberra need to show they can convert their occasional finals appearance into occasional prelim finals wins first. Like Cronulla, they need to pack a bigger punch with recruitment and retention. Souffs - who knows. No club has worked harder to get absolutely nowhere.

I feel a change in the mix of the clubs most likely though. I think Melbourne, Saints, Wests, Easts and Brisbane are a long way off their next premierships. I think this Manly squad might have one more left in them.

Brisbane, Manly, Melbourne, Saints and sometimes Wests, Easts and Parra have been the major players in the last 5 years. 5 years before that, take out Parra, Manly and Melbourne from that list and add Canterbury, NQ and NZ. The next 5 years? I reckon it's most likely to be Manly, NZ, Penrith, Gold Coast and maybe Parra, and Brisbane.

But really, who knows?

Ladmate

Bench
Honestly - who knows? NZ are the best placed club to do so given the experienced gained from yesterday and their boom crop of juniors. Their GF halves are so young too. Parra also have recent GF experience, and a coach with probably the best potential to get them to win one since Monie.

NQ and Gold Coast can get close soo too. Canberra need to show they can convert their occasional finals appearance into occasional prelim finals wins first. Like Cronulla, they need to pack a bigger punch with recruitment and retention. Souffs - who knows. No club has worked harder to get absolutely nowhere.

I feel a change in the mix of the clubs most likely though. I think Melbourne, Saints, Wests, Easts and Brisbane are a long way off their next premierships. I think this Manly squad might have one more left in them.

Brisbane, Manly, Melbourne, Saints and sometimes Wests, Easts and Parra have been the major players in the last 5 years. 5 years before that, take out Parra, Manly and Melbourne from that list and add Canterbury, NQ and NZ. The next 5 years? I reckon it's most likely to be Manly, NZ, Penrith, Gold Coast and maybe Parra, and Brisbane.

But really, who knows?

I disagree. Melbourne have the big 3, and will always remain a huge threat and can win it any year. Saints I will agree with you, if the Tigers stop shooting themselves in the foot they can win one soon, Roosters didn't even make the 8 this year so don't know why you brought them up and Brisbane have some great young talent that can win them a title. A "long way off" is a bit of a stretch for all of those clubs, who can win a title with their current squad.

typicalfan

Coach
Warriors under a new coach will be ?????? As will Brisbane without Lockyer and Dragons without Bennett. Going back to back was too much for the Dragons who at their best could probably topple Manly so they could be doubtful but they are a saver.

Knights, Eels, Sea Eagles, Tigers and Storm are my list of probables.

woodyk2

First Grade

nil knowledge

adamkungl

Immortal
lol..Manly aren't exactly rolling in cash woody. I'm certain lol@souffs are in a better position financially + fans wise + juniors wise. Manly are only better off than Cronulla due to a private owner.

On field results are largely irrelevant to whether a team should be booted.