What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next game vs the Wabbits

SEAT 1A

Bench
What a great day, full house, a Dragon win and well done Carr.

He's lifted the team from going through the motions with a near win and a win against two top four teams and two points which will get us as high as possible on the table this year.

You can only play who is in front of you and I would be pissed if it was reversed. Can't ask for much more.

I can't bag any of the players, they all had a dig. Outstanding seventy five minutes and the last five minutes which can be fixed.

TruSaint

Referee
Souths missed 3 goals.. we missed 1 . We still win :)

The last 5-10 mins with momentum substantially halted with bunker referrals taking forever and a day to decide for me was the difference
We were rolling well up until the 70th minute and had them shot
Some were very debatable that did not go our way.
That got Souths somehow back in the game as we clocked off from boredom waiting for the bunker

Posted live here with the lads, that for 70 plus minutes our attack actually looked slick. Suli out wide was a headache for them, we could easily have bagged a few more points but for some poor options.

Liddle was a standout for me. Played for 76 minutes with sharp service, some smart darts and a meat pie.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Posted live here with the lads, that for 70 plus minutes our attack actually looked slick. Suli out wide was a headache for them, we could easily have bagged a few more points but for some poor options.

Liddle was a standout for me. Played for 76 minutes with sharp service, some smart darts and a meat pie.
Though with Liddle he appeared (to me) to be flagging a bit around the 60 min mark. But he worked through it which will be good long term.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I
Agree with all of the above but in the lads defence I think the try Host scored from the offload by Havilli, I think was very very late. If it had of been us I’m sure the ref would’ve recalled it and said player held.
I agree Rocket...he was held.....that's what pisses me off with the officials we seem to cop all the bad calls whilst others get off free...I could accept 50/50 but we dont

Maddragon99

Juniors
Have watched the replay a couple of times now.

Our attack has improved out of sight under Carr.

Fluid and much more creative.

Hunt, Sullivan, Sloan and Liddle very good in attack.

Our forwards gave as good as they copped.

Sloan dropped a pass that was flung high and behind him by Hunt. The one he lost control of when bursting through May have been knocked out of his hand by the Souths defender.

The try scored by Kennar was a collective defensive error, not merely Fegai’s fault. The boys slid sideways rather than moving forward close to our line.

Rava was probably momentarily blinded by the sun which may explain why he didn’t contest the kick. He may have originally thought the ball was closer to Lomax.

Cook caught BMM a bit fatigued from dummy half which ultimately cost us a try.

The final 4 minutes fell apart after Hunt decides to go short on the dropout. Unnecessary as it gave Souths field possession.

We slackened off and paid the price.

Late offload caught us out.

Suli missed Graham, one on one.

Amone misses Graham.

My point is the severe criticism of some forum members of Fegai and Sloan is excessive and unwarranted.

All in all, we have improved a lot under Carr.

We are finally playing real football rather than the one out, kick on the last tackle we have endured under Hook.

Great to hear the chant “St George” go up around the ground at key times yesterday.

Enjoy the win and the long weekend guys.
Suli is pretty suspect in defence, his lateral movement is below average.

Maddragon99

Juniors

No Mbye or Bird in the side, coincidence?

How long is Bird signed for? Another 2yrs? Getting the best out of him will be one of the key challenges for the new coach.

BLM01

First Grade
Good call.

I remember on 1 or 2 occasions Benny went to d/half, whilst Liddle was catching his breath.

But boy did he put in. Proper 9.
I agree. Re yesterday I thought he put the running from dummy half away in general play. I would of liked to see more of it from himself just like Cook did.
The only criticisms I have had with Liddle at 9 is that sometimes he goes the wrong way with the pass but that can build along with same combinations out there. Whether he is being over called I dont know.

When I heard that our heart and soul Jack de Belin would miss the Bunnnies game I dreaded the score line. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when it was the Dragons, the famous RedV who at Saints spiritual home was doing the hammering instead. We lead at oranges then extended that to a commanding 22 points with less than 10 on the clock. The Champagne corks were popping as we constantly frustrated fans started to believe that with Ryan Carr at the helm our season was finally taking an upward trajectory. Our last 10 mins showed that we still had a long way to go to be finals standard. Still we now have a whole truck load of hope for the future.

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
One thing I've noticed about Feagai is that he's got surprisingly good ball playing abilities. He's thrown some insanely good passes in his time in FG, some that had me shocked because of the talent. Although he's pretty slow and defensive decisions haven't been great (will improve with time) I'm sure he can become a great centre in due time

Dragon David

First Grade
We were supposed to lose at least 3 of those and probably should’ve beaten panthers so a definite improvement under Carr as hooks shackles have been cut
Sorry RR. I'm going to edit what I posted because it isn't right and BLM01 corrected me.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I was at the game yesterday and to see the full ground plus calls to ask people on the hill to stand so there was more space was unbelievable. Ive never heard that before in 63 yrs of going to Kogarah. Sadly it started badly with our “reserve “ grade showing they are barely that even. Coming 3 rd last with no signs of improvement. However 1st grade- what a change and so good to see. Sullivan so much better than Amone. Moga needs to replace Feagai. We need to learn to stay on our wings- saw this in both grades. I dont care what most commentators think - wingers these days are half the players they used to be. All up the last 4 mins was frightening- however we got there and what a great day it was. I finally saw a team trying. Went home very happy- were slowly getting there
I was at Kogarah in 1975 when we played Souths. 23,000 there that day and people were allowed to sit on the sidelines, me being one.

RedVee_8

Juniors
I was at Kogarah in 1975 when we played Souths. 23,000 there that day and people were allowed to sit on the sidelines, me being one.
Yes, I was there also jammed in at the north end. Well positioned to see Bernie Lowther’s ? Head high on John Chapman. Also John O’Neills Gand hanging down to his knee from his dislocated shoulder

RedVee_8

Juniors
When the new stand was completed I’m sure I read that it took the capacity to 22,000. Then after one big crowd (Vs Sharks?) the police got involved and the legal capacity was reduced. I think it sits at 18,000 now.
I guess there must have been ~700 empty seats (like mine) in and under the stand on the western side? The rest looked full.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Help me out folks.
I know Amone came on, when & who did he replace?
I thought he replaced Liddle with a few minutes to go. I figured he would have defended in the middle?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Feagai is better than Suli imo. If Suli had the ball before Hunt scored the first try it would not have happened. Feagai has great ball skills. I think Suli is just as much to blame as Feagai and remember this is Suli's 3rd club. Des was his coach before he came to Saints and he had him in reggies. Maybe that is why.

Hopefully they improve as I would focus the video sessions on the last 5 minutes this week and ensure they train on their defence. Lomax / Rava side seems to be working well. I would like to see this backline for years to come as I think it has heaps of promise.

Moga is slow and did not really stand out in the game before in terms of defence. I cannot see how he is better than Suli or Feagai. The guy that stood out to me was Tamale in the KOE backline.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
You bloody ripper!!!
Since Hook has left we’ve beaten Rooster and Rabbits and pushed Penrith.
Can those who said changing the coach won’t make a difference put their hand up? You know who you are!
Hard to imagine only 5 weeks ago we were still playing 5 hit ups and kick with Mbye in the spine ever week.
Well done Ryan Carr and dragons, keep pushing.
Hey @Crush great post mate, aged really well. What is Carr's win percentage now?

Latest posts