What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next game vs the Wabbits

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We have the bye next week. Hopefully they get flogged all week. Need to learn how to catch ball from kicks without letting it bounce and to get the ball off a short restart.

Teams already know the will get it back 100% of the time going short against us.

Teams going short kick off after we score with 10mins to go is how confident they are. We also let them score 90% of time.

Also make Sloan put his body on the line or pick someone who will. He's never made a 1 on 1 tackle.
Some how manages to get out paced by every single player.
Unfortunately the reason Sloan hasn't made a 1 on 1 tackle (or not to many) I think to be honest hes scared to.....and that's the reason he gets out paced...he let's the player run around him then tries to tackle side on or behind the player

Maddragon99

Juniors
Unfortunately the reason Sloan hasn't made a 1 on 1 tackle (or not to many) I think to be honest hes scared to.....and that's the reason he gets out paced...he let's the player run around him then tries to tackle side on or behind the player
To be fair basically the only first grade coach all the kids have had is Griffin so the defensive issues could easily be attributed to poor coaching. I think if we’re still talking about this in 12mths then I’ll be prepared to call it an issue.

I’m happy to see improvement in attack & defence can get sorted in the offseason under the new coach. I think both the Roosters & Souths wins might be typical for the remainder of ‘23. To win we’ll need to score circa 30 points to out score opponents by <6 to get the win.

From what I’ve been told it’s looking unlikely Ramsey will be back he’s very unwell. I had an ex partner who had a autoimmune disease & it’s no joke. I don’t know how ready Treigh Stewart is but right now Sloan is the only fullback at the club.

St Tangles

Bench
To be fair basically the only first grade coach all the kids have had is Griffin so the defensive issues could easily be attributed to poor coaching. I think if we’re still talking about this in 12mths then I’ll be prepared to call it an issue.

I’m happy to see improvement in attack & defence can get sorted in the offseason under the new coach. I think both the Roosters & Souths wins might be typical for the remainder of ‘23. To win we’ll need to score circa 30 points to out score opponents by <6 to get the win.

From what I’ve been told it’s looking unlikely Ramsey will be back he’s very unwell. I had an ex partner who had a autoimmune disease & it’s no joke. I don’t know how ready Treigh Stewart is but right now Sloan is the only fullback at the club.
If Ramsay is unlikely are we looking to spend the money this year to bring someone in?

Inisai Toga

Juniors

All youngsters should be taught and be competent in tackling “prior” to making grade football. The fact that they aren't and can’t points to their coaches and clubs on the way up

justadragon

Bench
All youngsters should be taught and be competent in tackling “prior” to making grade football. The fact that they aren't and can’t points to their coaches and clubs on the way up
absolutely correct, all our grades are shockers in defence and have been for years. There is no way any of them are defensively ready when they step up into the NRL, Sullivan has improved though in the last few games.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Agreed. Our so called ‘Pathways’ system is a joke. Posting reserve grade sides every week & calling them Pathways is smoke & mirrors to create the illusion of something happening.

Nathan Brown would be ideal to take over list management & actually do something to create a Pathway system so we can attract young talent to Flegg & Mathews. Watching Penrith & now Souths beat both our lower grade side makes me sick. We’re so far behind other progressive clubs it’s embarrassing.

Heard some of the Ryan Webb interview on the ABC pre game today.
He was asked about the salary cap, and said there is money still available to spend this year, and also said there are 4/5 spots available on the roster for 2024.
I would think there will be no further signings for this year until the new coach is appointed.
Webb also indicated the signing of a new head coach should be done hopefully within the coming week.

This Year?

Immortal
I didn't blink for about 4 minutes after fulltime. If Souths won I would have had a complete breakdown. I can't believe how we almost lost after putting almost 40 on a team missing 5? of their better players.

Now for the positives:
What an awesome crowd. When the figure came up over 17k I was surprised. I thought it might be about 19k. Hats off to everyone who went (even the Souths fans).

The changes made since Hook has gone have been a breath of fresh air. It's so nice to see some variation with the ball. We are a mile off being a good side, but at least we aren't doing the boring 5 hitups and bomb. It will be interesting to see the progression in another month.
You can't help but laugh at some of the #dragonsfooty moments. I lost it at Hunt's offload to Lawrie who was going back to the line.
Wins are rare, even against a side with so many outs. We deserve some joy.

denis preston

First Grade
I didn't blink for about 4 minutes after fulltime. If Souths won I would have had a complete breakdown. I can't believe how we almost lost after putting almost 40 on a team missing 5? of their better players.

Now for the positives:
What an awesome crowd. When the figure came up over 17k I was surprised. I thought it might be about 19k. Hats off to everyone who went (even the Souths fans).

The changes made since Hook has gone have been a breath of fresh air. It's so nice to see some variation with the ball. We are a mile off being a good side, but at least we aren't doing the boring 5 hitups and bomb. It will be interesting to see the progression in another month.
You can't help but laugh at some of the #dragonsfooty moments. I lost it at Hunt's offload to Lawrie who was going back to the line.
Wins are rare, even against a side with so many outs. We deserve some joy.
The side is so used to conservative first football tha offloads aren’t expected ( although Blocker should have been more alert )

kit66

Bench
Lachie Miller is on the outer at Newcastle and might be worth a phone call ??

Miller isn't the answer, he's just another reject from a perpetually underperforming team. He's been dropped to reserves because he makes too many errors and misses too many tackles (73% tackle efficiency). He's only managed 2 tries from 11 games this year which is poor for a fullback even in a bottom 8 team. Also he's 28 years old, so basically another late career loser but with even less talent than Mbye. Is that what we need......fk NO. I'd rather stick Amone at the back or Mbye or even persist with Sloan rather than risk valuable money and roster spots on someone who obviously isn't the future.
He only got hyped up because Joey was on telly singing his praises (baseless given Miller's career to date) saying he's a great replacement that will let the Pong become the World's Greatest 5/8 (hahaha) and having Freddy join in because that's what Joey and Freddy do. Joey is Newy's worst one-eyed fan, they can do no wrong.

Latest posts