Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Music & Movies Forum' started by Big Pete, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Dogs Of War

Dogs Of War Coach

Lovecraft Country - Really enjoying this.
    The Queens Gambit was good watch as well.

2. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

Had not heard of it before but it has 3 seasons The Leftovers season 1 was great about to start season 2.

Phillips likes this.
  3. mackdadday

mackdadday Juniors

The remake of the stand has been disappointing so far after four episodes. Not sure why they have decided to skip back abd forth through time rather then let the epic play out as it did in the book.

Finishing up American Gods season two just in time for the premier of season three tomorrow. Excellent cast and not afraid to expand into places the book didn't. Ian McShane is particularly effervescent.

4. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

finally got around to watching Chernobyl - Simply Brilliant... i had no idea what a catastrophic mess they caused and the shit they had to do to try and clean it up...

Vic Mackey likes this.
  5. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

A few that I've watched recently.

Euphoria - great, confronting show, well worth it.

The flight attendant - pretty decent if not a little messy. Kayley Cuoco is great in it.

Finished Silicon Valley - f**k that is one of the great comedies that not many people talk about, so very good.

I may destroy you - f**king brilliant, really dark subject matter handled with such great poise and humour mixed well with compelling drama.

Ted lasso - this surprised me with how good it was, I like Jason sudekis but I thought he would Annoy the f**k out of me after the first episode but he didn't and it was probably one of my favourite watches recently, Juno temple is great too. I also hate soccer so this did well to win me over.

I'll also rep Mr inbetween again, if you haven't, watch it, it's fantastic.

6. Matua

Matua Juniors

Agree on Euphoria, Ted Lasso and Mr InBetween. I think I need to give Silicon Valley another shot, I watched a lot of the first season but didn't warm to it - I wonder if it gets better the more you watch?

7. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

I had a similar scenario, it totally gets better.

8. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

Decided to binge the leftovers.

Great show, typical Lindelof style.

Lots of mystery, layers, characters & threads etc piling on top of each other.

Always well written and acted.

Thankfully, unlike lost, this one nailed the landing and finished up being a fantastic story.

Great tv. Truly beautiful.

It's funny in retrospect that this was his 'middle' show and then he did watchmen.

You can see he clearly learnt his lesson from lost in the leftovers and then nailed the formula for watchmen, which imo is f**king fantastic.

9. Dogs Of War

Dogs Of War Coach

Something different. Been watching the 30 for 30 eps on Kayo. Some great history behind these and they are all so well done. Really enjoyed the Buster Douglas 42 to 1. I think they are all also on youtube.

10. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

If you like the NFL, you should try these two, which I can thoroughly recommend -

The Four Falls of Buffalo; and
    The '85 Bears

The first one one in particular, after watching it, has given me a real soft spot for the Buffalo Bills.

The Mad Hatter likes this.
  11. Dogs Of War

Dogs Of War Coach

I watched those. If you love boxing. Tommy was another awesome one to watch. As well as No Mas.

I watched the Moss one last night which was interesting. And the Dennis Rodman was is incredible.

12. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Crime Scene - Cecil Hotel, Dissaperance of Elisa Lam

First episode was very interesting, after that my God, some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen. It’s basically 3 hours of YouTube idiots coming up with conspiracy theories. Whoever gave these nerds a platform should be shot.

PJ likes this.
  13. Parra

Parra Referee

Shitty Netflix doco. There is an endless supply of this.

Vic Mackey likes this.