What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

mongoose

Coach
Smashed through all of Dopesick in a day. Pretty f**kin' good.
just started it, its real good.

I had a friend who was buying oxy on silk road around 10 years ago. I used to smoke with him sometimes and he wanted me to come over to his house and try it with him, I'm glad I said no.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Murderville - will Arnett who usually grates me has finally found his calling. They get a celeb in each week who has too improvise their lines and work out how the murderer is. Each celeb brings there own style which makes it good. Only watched the first 3 so far. But that 3rd episode was my favourite so far. Good one if your having a drink and want a laugh.

bileduct

Coach
Buried (2021)

Doco series on Showtime about that chick who got her father put in jail for a murder he'd supposedly committed 20 years prior, with the only evidence being her suddenly recovering a repressed memory one day out of the blue. The original case spawned a book and telemovie (Fatal Memories - 1992) and kicked off a whole wave of controversial "repressed memory" cases.

Pretty compelling.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Started Severance which is getting better and better each episode. Compelling viewing thus far. I think the first episode was the hardest to watch till you get the payoff right at the end which drags you in.

Also started The Outlaw, which similarly gets better and better after watching 2 eps. Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken. The premise was silly and initially very stereotyped. But once it develops its humour and drama done well together.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Anyone watching this new HBO show called Winning Time?

It’s about the rise of the Lakers in the 80s when they signed Magic Johnson and when Jerry Buss bought the team (really 1979)

So far so good
Great cast, quirky drama

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Around the world in 80 days. - Really enjoyed this one. David Tennet has really fixed the issues with the book and made this a very enjoyable romp. Nothing like the silly movies. This is an adventure told well.

mongoose

Coach
Most Dangerous Game - is it a movie or TV series? who cares it blows... can't believe Christoph Waltz agreed to be in this. Liam Hemsworth partakes in a game where he is hunted for sport (cause he has terminal cancer and his family will get a big payout) concept is good but its so badly written. So many implausible last minute escapes because the killer fumbles his weapon or some shit.

Apey

Staff member
Just finished watching The Americans. I really liked it overall. Not much rewatchability but that's okay.

bileduct

Coach
Murderville - will Arnett who usually grates me has finally found his calling. They get a celeb in each week who has too improvise their lines and work out how the murderer is. Each celeb brings there own style which makes it good. Only watched the first 3 so far. But that 3rd episode was my favourite so far. Good one if your having a drink and want a laugh.

The Conan O'Brien episode was great but it kinda fell apart after that. Sharon Stone and Annie Murphy were terrible, and Ken Jeong wasn't much better.

Edit: Actually, upon reflection, Marshawn Lynch was excellent as well and really took to the concept.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Just finished watching The Americans. I really liked it overall. Not much rewatchability but that's okay.
I just finished rewatching it a few weeks back - was even better second time round as a binge (for me).

It's a top 5 of all time show for me.

Apey

Staff member
I just finished rewatching it a few weeks back - was even better second time round as a binge (for me).

It's a top 5 of all time show for me.
I definitely have the post-good-television blues. That's how you know you really enjoyed it.

roofromoz

First Grade
Anyone watching this new HBO show called Winning Time?

It’s about the rise of the Lakers in the 80s when they signed Magic Johnson and when Jerry Buss bought the team (really 1979)

So far so good
Great cast, quirky drama

Yep, really enjoying it. Two more episodes in this season, with a season 2 confirmed.

Jerry West comes across as a mad bastard. A bit too mad according to the man himself, not too happy with his portrayl.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep, really enjoying it. Two more episodes in this season, with a season 2 confirmed.

Jerry West comes across as a mad bastard. A bit too mad according to the man himself, not too happy with his portrayl.
It might not be a fair portrayal of him but he’s the best character in the show lol.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Don’t spoil better call Saul. I will hunt you dow.

also saw a side series. Slipping jimmy. 6 eps. It’s animated.

Last edited:

Latest posts