What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Matua

Bench
Just finished the Bear.

This is an excellent, anxiety-inducing show effectively about chefs in a kitchen but not really.

Underdog for my favourite show of 2022 so far. Highly recommended
I thought the penultimate episode was brilliant.

bileduct

Coach
Watched the first 2eps of a show called the rehearsal. Really enjoyed it.

the clip below doesn’t do it justice.

I just watched the entire season and I'm about a bit skeptical about what happened.

Without spoiling anything, I think the show ended up exactly where it wanted to go right from conception. One of the, uhh... shall we say... "ethical issues" that presents itself toward the end seems deliberately engineered. I don't believe for one second they couldn't see that coming.

I still enjoyed it though.

kit66

Bench
KLEO - Netflix
German with subtitles - might have English language as well, I didn't check.
3 episodes in, great so far. Very stylish even if they try a little too hard some times. A little bit like Tarantino with some genuine humour. The two leads - Kleo and the loser cop are very likeable. Some good commentary on the fall of the Berlin Wall and the aftermath but mostly it's a bit of fun.

bileduct

Coach
Just finished the Bear.

This is an excellent, anxiety-inducing show effectively about chefs in a kitchen but not really.

Underdog for my favourite show of 2022 so far. Highly recommended

Yeah I really enjoyed this show, but the ending was weak.

As soon as it was revealed early on that the restaurant had money issues I knew there was going to be a "there's money in the banana stand!" moment, except I thought it would be in the arcade machine.

Matua

Bench
Yeah I really enjoyed this show, but the ending was weak.

As soon as it was revealed early on that the restaurant had money issues I knew there was going to be a "there's money in the banana stand!" moment, except I thought it would be in the arcade machine.
I was confused by it narratively, but I thought the episode in general was fine.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rewatched the deuce. Very good series. New York through the late 70s and early 80s with an amazing cast.And if you like onscreen nudity this show has it in spades.

azzah72

Bench
Rewatched the deuce. Very good series. New York through the late 70s and early 80s with an amazing cast.And if you like onscreen nudity this show has it in spades.

This was a really great show, dramatic but also incredibly funny at times.

I burst out laughing at a couple of unexpected moments.

gUt

Coach
The missus reinstanted Stan because we had both heard that Yellowstone is a great show. Plenty of people I respect say it's good. Sit down to watch, totally open minded and not sure what it's about (I thought it was to do with the national park).

Total shit. 3 episodes is all I could stand. Absolute unbelievable melodrama. Kevin Costner is a f**king hack and he's not even the worst actor in it. Garbage.

Matua

Bench
The missus reinstanted Stan because we had both heard that Yellowstone is a great show. Plenty of people I respect say it's good. Sit down to watch, totally open minded and not sure what it's about (I thought it was to do with the national park).

Total shit. 3 episodes is all I could stand. Absolute unbelievable melodrama. Kevin Costner is a f**king hack and he's not even the worst actor in it. Garbage.
I'm a big fan of Costner, but agree about this show. I don't really like any of the stuff the creator of this makes.