What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV deal discussion 2028 -

Perth Red

Post Whore
For the ignoramuses in the room ( me ) when can we expect the NRl to start negotiating the next deal ?
This deal runs 2023-27
Id expect they will go to open market, they better bloody do!, around mid/late 2026.
Vlandys will still be in power, hopefully hes not leading negotiations this time!

Perth Red

Post Whore
After team 18 is announced is probably next year

(may also include team 19 coming in mid contract)
Unlikely They go to open market only 2.5 years into a current 5 year contract. Thast a long time for the relationship with the incumbents if they dont win the rights!
They may renegotiate as you say based on extra game slot for '26/'27 but that's then reliant on the incumbents valuing it and not wanting something in return,. like another extension.
I can see club 18 being announced end of this year and some renegotiation with Fox for that extra game slot for '26 or '27 depending when club 18 enters, with a confirmed 18 club comp going to open market in '26 for start of contract in '28.

Wb1234

Referee
Unlikely They go to open market only 2.5 years into a current 5 year contract. Thast a long time for the relationship with the incumbents if they dont win the rights!
They may renegotiate as you say based on extra game slot for '26/'27 but that's then reliant on the incumbents valuing it and not wanting something in return,. like another extension.
I can see club 18 being announced end of this year and some renegotiation with Fox for that extra game slot for '26 or '27 depending when club 18 enters, with a confirmed 18 club comp going to open market in '26 for start of contract in '28.
Yeh they could do as short deal with the incumbents ala dolphins

chatter from arlc seems to indicate they won’t though

Iamback

Coach
This deal runs 2023-27
Id expect they will go to open market, they better bloody do!, around mid/late 2026.
Vlandys will still be in power, hopefully hes not leading negotiations this time!

The huge revenue jump in Year 1 of the TV deal suggests that once again you are full of shit about this BS

Steel Saints

Juniors
Still too early to do any negotiations this year. The current deal only started last year. But next year could be the right time to commence tv rights/ media negotiations.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still too early to do any negotiations this year. The current deal only started last year. But next year could be the right time to commence tv rights/ media negotiations.
2013 tv deal was signed in Aug 2012
2018 tv deal was signed in nov 2015
2023 deal was signed in may 2020(fox), dec 2021 (ch9)

suggests end of 2025 as possible date for new deal to be done.

Fox is in partnership with Disney, Eventually I see them joining forces.

I have said earlier in this thread I see Stan gone within 10 years

Mainly because they both have part ownership of Fox Sports International. Disney acquired its stake when it bought 20th Century Studios when Fox News was spun off from the entertainment division.