What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV deal discussion 2028 -

Compare the NRL demos for 16-39s to ACA's 16-39s. The NRL's 16-39s is a higher percentage of their overall audience, whereas ACA's majority viewership is over 55s and getting older year on year.

What does this mean?

In 10-15 years, more of the NRL's audience will still be alive and more of ACA's will be dead.

Yes, but considering the way FTA channels measure TV audiences, they'll say their data indicates sticking with the News-Current Affair schedule. I mean in all honesty, how "innovative" are our FTA commercial networks? They are some of the biggest dinosaurs around.

Iamback

Coach
I assume the problem is the same reason the NRL is a winter sport. In an ideal world the NRLW could fully run in the off season but then they’d be forced to play in the same weather we avoid for the men.

That is the biggest issue. Maybe mid week then?

The growth potential is there but playing games at midday on a Saturday isn't going to see that reached

docbrown

Coach
Yes, but considering the way FTA channels measure TV audiences, they'll say their data indicates sticking with the News-Current Affair schedule. I mean in all honesty, how "innovative" are our FTA commercial networks? They are some of the biggest dinosaurs around.
It's literally life or death time. I have companies that were 80% FTA spends now doing about 10% that former volume.