What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV deal discussion 2028 -

Wb1234

Referee
You have a very selective memory!
I said if there wasnt competitive tension and more than one bidder we would struggle to get over $500mill.
And I stand by that.
Yes you did say 500 million thanks for admitting it

and 3 new teams and you are saying they are worth zero lol

so why are we adding Perth if their biggest fan says they are worth nothing

Perth Red

Post Whore
You also said the current deal wasn't $400m cash...

Contra being as an expense shows that to be false
eh? contra has been shown as an expense rather than a revenue in the concise financials since 2020. Im guessing due to some change in accountancy rules at that time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes you did say 500 million thanks for admitting it

and 3 new teams and you are saying they are worth zero lol

so why are we adding Perth if their biggest fan says they are worth nothing
sigh, ok whatever. No competitve bidding = no $500mill+, regardless of how many teams we add.

The_Wookie

Bench
It is that simple. The total value and the Money Australian TV pay won't be the same thing.

You'd think part of the Homework for PNG would be gauging interest for TV rights

PNG has two tv broadcasters. EMTV is the only commercial broadcaster - owned by Telekom since 2015 - and they generated 6 million in revenue in 2014. The only other TV broadcaster is the state owned NBC so maybe they'll pony up. Either way I wouldnt expect big dollars.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So because The NRL is by far the most watched sport on STV, you then bring crowds into it.
😂😂😂😂😂It’s the standard AFL fan ploy to shift onto something that They are winning.
This is a TV deal discussion.
Yep and when you add crowds plus TV ratings you see that NRL has the bigger audience. Our game is King in NSW and QLD (55-60% of the population) and has a decent niche in Melbourne

Latest posts