What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish

Referee
So 5 day per week league coming up then. What a nose dive crowds are going to take with Thursday night footy every round

taipan

Referee
$925m for FTA

No what for Foxtel..Need about $550m to get to the $1.7bn best.
Telstra digital talking about costing too much $100m?
Sky NZ ? $150m ?

A

I read somewhere the $185 million per year can be reduced if fox are allowed to simulcast games. This feels rushed!

You left out a crucial word in that comment
It states:
"which will be reduced if the NRL elects to grant pay simulcast rights for certain games"

The 'certain games' probably means State of Origin

Geez that's serious $$$$$$ for only 4 games per week .

I'm guessing they retain SOO ,or is it still up for grabs ?
If it is you'd think 9 wouldn't have too much left to bid on it .

LatK7

First Grade
More live games is great. Would prefer it to be split across networks, but what can you do. Hopefully 9 join the current century and broadcast in HD.

DiegoNT

First Grade
They may show more, if Fox simulcast then the $925m goes down. Otherwise you'd think they will pay relatively less than last time as they lose prime time saturday.

Also you'd assume Monday night is gone, so fox lost one of their biggest money earners.

Saint Doc

Coach
BOOM!!!

@NRL: As part of the agreement, the #NRL will regain control of the season schedule – and deliver a better deal for the fans.

applesauce

Bench
We need a 9th game to squeeze out the best offer from FOX.

And if the CH9 Saturday game is exclusive that 9th game with keep Super Saturday in tack. FOX are losing MNF so need to get them to $500-600million, $100+ from NZ will get the $1.7billion mark.

I don't think Telstra will get anything as 9 have paid for exclusive streaming.

Great the NRL have the schedule!

Haynzy

First Grade
No mention of the quality of the coverage outside of NSW and Qld.

I wonder if the crap treatment will continue?

Hopefully the digital product will improve and remain affordable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting they have gone for 4 years not the expected 5. Be interesting to see what fox come with. I suspect they will want all games live or they are going to suffer against 4 fta live games across 4 nights. If Monday night stays will be the big one and if there will be nine games. In theory fox could show the ch9 sat game live as well and have a ninth game on at same time on red button. Subscribers not advertising matter to them so cannabilising the audience across two games won't matter to them.

Burns

First Grade
The second SOO match is now on a Sunday

But the most important question is, will we got High Definition finally

SharkShocked

Bench
NRL ‏@NRL 6m6 minutes ago
The second match in each #Origin series will be played on a Sunday night as part of a stand alone weekend of representative football.

super_coach

First Grade
So nine has it all stitched up till 2022, great for the game as far as revenue, total crap for the punters who have to endure another seven years of the nine broadcast. One thing is you can always turn off the volume

Snappy

Coach
I was hoping Fox would get to show all games live like they do for AFL. I f**king hate watching games on 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts