What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Didn't take the opportunity to reduce the number of games teams play which is a bit disappointing. In fact it pretty much looks much of a muchness for some more $'s, but then we know there is little radical about the game at the moment. Hopefully the extra money will be used right.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
It's pretty jaw-dropping stuff:

322918-2d7f8ac4-9f34-11e3-b2ad-08c02f4f904c.jpg

Anyway Rabs will be gooorrrne soon. I thought the caller who did the Knights Chooks game yesterday was pretty good. Maybe nein won't be so horrible in the years to come.

Maybe they will wake up and realize they shouldn't have shafted a bloke they put years of development into to appease Hadley.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
In addition to television broadcasts, the network has also acquired the rights to live stream those games across its digital platforms.

Hopefully this isn't limited to mobiles and tablets like the current Digital Pass

Shorty

Staff member
Yes hopefully. the article from from chan 9 so they only mention what they get.

I totally disagree with their headline

'Fans the big winners under Channel Nine?s new NRL broadcast rights deal'
Why?
Not every fan has Foxtel, 4 games on FTA including a Saturday night game is a big deal for NRL fans.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Is that available on PC and does it offer HD? Haven't used it.

Can't imagine Foxtel will be too happy with this unless they end up with five games instead of four

PC, iOS, Android. I assume its also on freeview+. Don't think it's HD, but maybe by 2018, although this is nine lol

DiegoNT

First Grade
Why?
Not every fan has Foxtel, 4 games on FTA including a Saturday night game is a big deal for NRL fans.

It's huge for average fans. It was only last year that we only had 1 live game. I live in the NT that for some reason was considered qld territory so I only ever got to see broncos games live. I rarely got to see the Rabbitohs play live until I got Austar. This means more fans will be able to see their teams live and more exposure for lesser teams (raiders, sharks titans)

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Sounds like an amazing deal for FTA viewers.

No mention of the quality of the coverage outside of NSW and Qld.

I wonder if the crap treatment will continue?

Hopefully the digital product will improve and remain affordable.

That's the big question isn't it, hope we hear something soon.

Didn't take the opportunity to reduce the number of games teams play which is a bit disappointing. In fact it pretty much looks much of a muchness for some more $'s, but then we know there is little radical about the game at the moment. Hopefully the extra money will be used right.
Well there's one less round now.

Not a huge distinction but one nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts