What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Year

R-15-3

Bench
Think Clune has gone to super league.

Looking at our squad of potential halfs we have Hynes, Tricky, Atkinson, Puru, Dykes, Tracy*, Moylan* to many rookies

Frenzy.

Immortal
Think Clune has gone to super league.

Looking at our squad of potential halfs we have Hynes, Tricky, Atkinson, Puru, Dykes, Tracy*, Moylan* to many rookies
Dunno, just pulled that list of xerotackle and I don't have much faith in that site TBH.

Too many rookies is right! I even count Hynes as a rookie in terms of being a halfback. His 2023 was classic second year syndrome IMO.

carinashark

First Grade
We should start the year with Hynes at FB and Dykes and Healey in the halves. We need to be different next season , top teams have us worked out.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We should start the year with Hynes at FB and Dykes and Healey in the halves. We need to be different next season , top teams have us worked out.
Why the phuque do you keep calling for Healey in the halves?

Nicho won't start at fullback. Kennedy is a certainty. 2 semi final series. Plays significantly wounded in 1 and missed the other through injury. He would have been badly missed. He's the one who calls the numbers in attack and defence. I'd bet London to a brick Tinkerbell doesn;t go right to Connor if Kennedy is playing. Why? Because Will would have called the left side slingshot play without a doubt. Was sorely missed in the semi this year and was useful as tits on a bull last year due to war wounds.

cb4

First Grade
Healy doesn't have a contract, be it top 30 or development deal for next year, but lets start him in the halves over our 2 best options. Lets also throw in a kid who has played no football in the last 18 months because of injury.
Jesus wept. Going to be a long offseason.

Healy doesn't have a contract, be it top 30 or development deal for next year, but lets start him in the halves over our 2 best options. Lets also throw in a kid who has played no football in the last 18 months because of injury.
Jesus wept. Going to be a long offseason.
We need to get him signed and playing NSW cup.
Berrell is also off contract
Healey should be pushing for first grade late 2024, hooker is position we need fixed

cb4

First Grade
We need to get him signed and playing NSW cup.
Berrell is also off contract
Healey should be pushing for first grade late 2024, hooker is position we need fixed
On what basis would Healy be pushing for First Grade? He played a few NSW Cup games, dropped back to the Flegg Finals and was absolutely awful.
I can understand a Dev deal and hope he improves drastically but he is more like to be pushing back end of 2025. Same as Kobe Wilson.

carinashark

First Grade
Basically I see Kennedy as unable to stop a defender. Our best option would be Nicho at FB.
So now we need a 7&6 . We have Trindall at 6, but can he go further? And would he be a 7? In my mind looking to the future we have Dykes who would be at 6. As far as I can see we only have Healey and Tracy left .Don’t tell me Dykes is a 6, no Nicho plays FB next season as most teams have worked out what we do With him at 7. So Nicho goes back to FB where we know he won’t let us down.
So now we are back to 6&7 . We don’t have the coin to buy a 7, Tracy would be an emergency at best. From what I have seen of Dykes he can take on the line like Nicho, can throw that long pass, has a great step to take him through if there is a gap. Trindal to me is a bit like Moylan and unlucky like Moylan , he goes through the motions but we need more than that to take us into a top 4 side. Healey is a long term prospect , start work now. We will not make top 4 in 2024 but let’s at least we can start now.
for what it’s worth.

cb4

First Grade
Basically I see Kennedy as unable to stop a defender. Our best option would be Nicho at FB.
So now we need a 7&6 . We have Trindall at 6, but can he go further? And would he be a 7? In my mind looking to the future we have Dykes who would be at 6. As far as I can see we only have Healey and Tracy left .Don’t tell me Dykes is a 6, no Nicho plays FB next season as most teams have worked out what we do With him at 7. So Nicho goes back to FB where we know he won’t let us down.
So now we are back to 6&7 . We don’t have the coin to buy a 7, Tracy would be an emergency at best. From what I have seen of Dykes he can take on the line like Nicho, can throw that long pass, has a great step to take him through if there is a gap. Trindal to me is a bit like Moylan and unlucky like Moylan , he goes through the motions but we need more than that to take us into a top 4 side. Healey is a long term prospect , start work now. We will not make top 4 in 2024 but let’s at least we can start now.
for what it’s worth.
There are so many hole in this, but lets start with the pbvious.
Dykes hasn't played 6 in 4 years, and hasn't played AY footy for 18 months, so lets make him our key play maker?
Healy has not played 7. But lets make him our most important player in the team.
This is going to be an epic offseason.

Eion

First Grade
Barring calamity, I’d like to see us start next year with Teig instead of Wade obviously.
Bubba instead of Tracey at fullback.
Sifa moved to the bench.
Iro at centre. (Possibly Tracey, depends who impressed the most in the off season. But with Sifa on the bench, that gives us some back cover, so would not have Tracey on the bench)
Williams and BHU start as props, with Dale, Toby, Tom and Sifa on the bench.
That leaves Hunt, Jessie, Oregon fighting it out for spots with Dale and Sifa most under immediate threat.

carinashark

First Grade
There are so many hole in this, but lets start with the pbvious.
Dykes hasn't played 6 in 4 years, and hasn't played AY footy for 18 months, so lets make him our key play maker?
Healy has not played 7. But lets make him our most important player in the team.
This is going to be an epic offseason.
If we have no funds to buy a 6 or a 7 then let’s start building them. Or it’s back to 2023. Look if that’s ok then so be it.
Cancel Moylan’s Air France ticket.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If we have no funds to buy a 6 or a 7 then let’s start building them. Or it’s back to 2023. Look if that’s ok then so be it.
Cancel Moylan’s Air France ticket.
There are about 27 "real" halves in the lowers we can build.

May as well make Tinerbell a frikkin half

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Trindall should be first choice #6 alongside Hynes in the halves next season. Despite never being given a sustained go in the halves, Tricky has shown us enough to conclude that he has the skill set to succeed. He may have played 50 games but most of those were off the bench coming on to tackle at lock for 10-15mins.

Black Panther

Juniors
Any reason why Iro isn”t considered for the starting team? Played awesome for the Cook Islands when he played at the World Cup. Would be a shame for Cronulla if someone else signed him if they haven’t already.

Eion

First Grade
Any reason why Iro isn”t considered for the starting team? Played awesome for the Cook Islands when he played at the World Cup. Would be a shame for Cronulla if someone else signed him if they haven’t already.
I think he’s realistically only really viewed as a centre in the top squad for now. Ramien is a given. Coach has preferred Sifa or Connor on the other.
By most accounts Iro has some defence issues, but I for one would like to see him given a go next year if he’s still with us.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Can’t see Iro sticking around for long if he doesn’t get a shot next year. Sifa should go back to the pigs though his hands were silky onto Ronnie plenty of times this year. WK had another solid season despite getting injured at the worst time of year. Also not his fault the pigs and Moyza/Sifa can’t tackle. Tracey is an out and out 14… probably one of the best in comp considering his versatility. Tricky proved a lot of haters wrong and deserves the 6 and will only keep improving.

Quigs

Immortal
I would love to see Sifa back in the pigs. Imagine the option of 1. him powering into the defence or 2. Hitting the line and slipping a sweet pass to another hard running forward. (do we have one) A bit like Sam Kasiano used to do for the Dogs.