What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL 2011-2012 Week 13

Mhartew

Juniors
CARDINALS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824bd834/WK-13-Can-t-Miss-Play-Stephens-Howling-saddles-up

Great result for the Cards. Who would have thought after being 1-6 that they would win the next 4 out 5 games and be 5-7.

Defense is playing great. For the first time since I started supporting the Cards, our defense has been pretty good. They kept Demarco Murray in check for the most part and with the exception of a big play or 2 from Dez Bryant, he was covered pretty well by Patrick Peterson. 5 sacks and countless more times pressuring Romo. Great result for the defense, keeping the Cards in more games than they ever had before.

Kolb started very shaky, but finished the game well I thought. His best game since the opener against Carolina. Andre Roberts stepped up as well, which was good to see, as we really need a definite #2 receiver instead of Roberts and Doucet spot filling that role.

Couldn't believe Jason Garrett iced his own kicker.

Great result for the Cardinals. Hopefully they can spring an upset against San Fran next week.

Go Cards!

one tree hill

Juniors
Why do u need a TE? You have Shockey and Olsen...they are more than good enough.

U need a viable #2 WR, LB depth & starting CB's...along with depth on the O-Line interior.

They need a 1 WR, Smittys getting on, having him as their 2 guy would be ideal.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I was only taking the piss.

But even so, you can't really deny what I said either. Everyone only says he runs...but he was efficient and had a certain game winning TD dropped which would have given him a stat line of 11/15 for 250 and 3TD's, 0 INT's - ummm...that is pretty good dude. And more importantly...today he ran a pretty much conventional offense.

What more does he need to do to show he is improving and it isn't just the defense keeping them in games enough? Like of course he isn't perfect and he doesn't deserve the attention the media gives him...but he gives the media hits on websites, he gives them views so I'd say he is over-covered more than over-rated. But he is getting better each and every week and after this game.....you now have to respect the fact he CAN revert to a conventional offense if needs be as well....so gives DC's headaches because they don't know what is going to hit them.

And you say the defense won the game....sure they came up huge in the last play...but they also conceded 32 points against an offense without AP...they weren't great - make no mistake about it.

all very valid points

as ive a number of times, you gotta love tebow, he just win's football games

that play he made when he scrambled around then found the open receiver for the TD was pretty awesome.

he has an odd action. buit he wins. its pretty cool

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well...Desean Jackson could be available next year. maybe they get him.

I think he will be available, ill be keen to see where he lands
one thing is for sure, he wont be getting paid like he would have a year ago, he's cost himself a load of dollars with his play and attitude this season

Shorty

Staff member
He's still a very good receiver...but he needs to go somewhere with a lot of discipline.

beave

Coach
Detroit had the Saints measure and shold have probably won last night but continual ridiculous penalties ruined it for them. Stafford is a wonderful QB, shame some of his other players can't keep their fists to themselves..............

legend

Coach
Jackson shoudl go to Chicago. They need some fast receivers and he'd probably go ok with Cutler throwing him the ball. Minnesota could be another good destination for him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Come back to California

i think he very well might end up there
they are going to be picking too high to get a top class wide out and with Crabtree playing to potential right now, they could use someone like Jackson as every down deep threat to open up the underneith routes for Crabtree and Davis. I know Edwards and Ginn are capable of being that guy but they havent really done the job. Jackson could be a great fit with the niners.

The Bears would be a good spot too. Given he's my favourite player, id like him to go somewhere like the Niners or Bills as both are teams i like and teams id like to see do well so i wouldnt have to hate him

kurt faulk

Coach
Detroit had the Saints measure and shold have probably won last night but continual ridiculous penalties ruined it for them. Stafford is a wonderful QB, shame some of his other players can't keep their fists to themselves..............

had their measure? they were never in it.

Shorty

Staff member
It's because they have no discipline, Stafford himself was unnecessarily rough when getting blocked with an interception a few games ago.
They're all thugs but they're lead by Suh....so what do you expect!

beave

Coach
had their measure? they were never in it.

mate I disagree. At crucial moments the Lions were their own worst enemy, they lost something like 110y due to penaltys. If they cut the shit out of their game last night then they go close to beating the saints at home. I don't think the Saints played all that well mind you.

Tom155

Coach
I saw the highlights of the Broncos v Vikings game, sure seemed like the Broncos WRs were wide open on those TD throws, that Vikings secondary is awful.

I don't have a fixed position on Tebow, but the guy is just winning at the moment with a good running game and great defense, hell the 49ers are also showing that a similar formula with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over works, it's not rocket science.

Problem is does that formula work in the playoffs against teams that can score plenty of points? Time will tell
they were wide open because of busted coverages on the tds, the vikes secondary were awful as you said but at least he hit the wr, i think i saw signs of improvement during the game which is encouraging the td pass thomas dropped a prime example it was a very good throw just needs to be doing it more consistently

Last edited:

Latest posts