What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nfl kick off weekend game threead

dragonfire

Bench
hey didnt see one so thought i would make one.

Brees shreds the vikings to give Saints opening drive TD in like 6 plays!

dragonfire

Bench
there was lots of questions over the vikings secondary and they definitely have some issues, Brees almost connected with Henderson again for what would have been a huge gain or td. Vikings back on the field, hopefully they go another 3 and out

andrew057

First Grade
For all the domination theyve had, the Saints havent capitalised.

Reggie Bush looking the goods.

Paullyboy

Coach
This is the scoreline I expected, I think the Saints will probably win this game, but I don't think they are any chance of winning as many games as least year.

dragonfire

Bench
hmmm good job by vikings to make the saints offense look pretty damn bad. offense definitely not helping our defense

Jono078

Referee
f**k yeah go you Vikings!

I honestly thought we were no chance at this but up at halftime can ask for anymore!

brees and thomas were good.

that kicker was awful. indoor misses. one was a tap in.

favre looked ordinary too. peterson owners would be spewing. he was looking good but never had the bloody ball

Raider_69

Post Whore
sounds like neither team got out of first gear offensively. Farve is in for a tough year i think. One too many

Monk

Referee
Saints started we'll but they looked too casual in offense (if you understand what i mean). They didn't have that killer instinct aside from the first drive.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Favre looked none too happy to be there IMO, limping a bit still, no pep in the old timer. No Rice doesn't help, maybe once he gets used to the sitch he will smile again.

Jono1987

Juniors
I thought our D stood up well today. Bushrod looks a lot better for last year. Porter, Greer and Vilma stood up as per usual. Wasn't the best game but you take every single win :D.

P.s Special mention to Nicks and Evans.

capt of owsla

Juniors
outside the saints opening drive, and the vikings scoring drive of the 1st half, both teams looked sloppy. If farve puts up similar performances through out the season, vikes will go nowhere. Adrian peterson is a beast though.

dragonfire

Bench
outside the saints opening drive, and the vikings scoring drive of the 1st half, both teams looked sloppy. If farve puts up similar performances through out the season, vikes will go nowhere. Adrian peterson is a beast though.

i wouldnt say they were sloppy. Defensively the Saints were really good, Porter and Greer took away the recievers and in the 2nd half they were able to shut Shiancoe down. Favre was rusty last year as well but they were playing Browns and got away with it. Saints offense manhandled a good vikings d in the 2nd half as well. You get the impression it was sloppy due to teh score but i totally disagree

Monk

Referee
cowboys vs skins tomorrow! I have a feeling it will be a lot closer then most people think.