What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
You are right about the injuries. Until last season he had never completed a full season and even then he didn't start in every game.

He had a fantastic college career but an ordinary pro career.
Yeah... He played all last season but he was just ineffective....

He started up as MJD's back up but soon overtook him.... Then he lost the starting role to Latavius Murray...

Even when Murray got injured they ended up preferring to use FB Marcel Reece as the regular RB.

Our line was utter rubbish for the run though... So Run DMC could make a comeback in Dallas next season.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Saints might be looking to trade Keenan Lewis who is disgruntled with team direction. Only $1m and change cap hit to take him on this year,then a couple years at $4m or so each.

The Steelers should be all over that for a 4th or even a 3rd.

Tom155

Coach
Saints might be looking to trade Keenan Lewis who is disgruntled with team direction. Only $1m and change cap hit to take him on this year,then a couple years at $4m or so each.

The Steelers should be all over that for a 4th or even a 3rd.
doesn't look like it anymore sorry ZJ

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet 12m In random #Saints news, they are in the process of re-doing the much-discussed contract of CB Keenan Lewis to make him… happier

shiznit

Coach
I'm surprised we didn't go for Harvin. Carr still has the same "weapons" as last year.
It makes absolutely no sense at all...

From what I can gather... They are trying to build a running game through FA.... And they are looking to draft weapons for Carr.

zombie jesus

Staff member
doesn't look like it anymore sorry ZJ

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet 12m In random #Saints news, they are in the process of re-doing the much-discussed contract of CB Keenan Lewis to make him? happier

See what happens, he was talking about wanting it fully guaranteed. Although I'll take Rap info over LaCanfora every time.
Costs them cap space to trade him now too, if it happens after June 1 they'll get to spread the cap hit out.

nick87

Coach
Mate..... My turd of a little bro was in absolute hysterics after I told him how much his deal was...

He was in shock first... Then he just couldn't stop laughing...

Seriously... f**k You Reggie!!

I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed as a Raiders fan... And after the last decade.... That's saying a lot...

Me and a mate of mine were laughing for a solid minute on the phone about the 11.8mil gtd for Nate Allen

Tom155

Coach
That one was understandable... They needed an experienced clipboard guy to help out Carr & McGoin.

He will be competing as a back up with McGoin.

It allows us to cut Matt Schuab who took up $5.5M on the cap this season....

Surely there is someone out there better than Ponder though? he's not that experienced either.

Someone like Matt Moore would have been a lot better signing imo as a solid veteran backup, even Colt McCoy would've been better than Ponder imo

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Surely there is someone out there better than Ponder though? he's not that experienced either.

Someone like Matt Moore would have been a lot better signing imo as a solid veteran backup, even Colt McCoy would've been better than Ponder imo
Why does reggie do anything??

They just needed to cut Schuab... So Reggie probably spun his wheel of geniuss he has in his office to choose free agents...

Edit- Okay so I found out that it wasn't Reggies Wheel of geniuss this time...

Apparently he worked for 3 seasons under new Raiders OC Bill Musgrave at the Vikings.

As they were bedding in a whole new offence under Musgrave... They wanted a back up who knew the system to help Carr... And could step in at the drop of a hat and run it if Carr went down,

Apparently he was high character guy who could be relied on to help Carr along and be happy not competing for the starting role...

Last edited:

Tom155

Coach
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet1h
WR Kenny Britt is staying with the #Rams, source said. It’s a 2-year deal worth up to almost $14M. He got 4.3M guaranteed. Wow.

shiznit

Coach
Rams have done well so far, just need to draft well, Rams wanting Cooper too fall to 10.
I don't think Amari Cooper or Kevin White will fall to 10...

Whoever we don't pick at 4.... Will get taken by a team trading up for them... Probably between 7-9.

I reckon The Browns, Saints & 49ers will do it...

Latest posts